Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker: I'm Going To Come in Light and Fast vs. Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
    The only good thing to come out of new Zealand is fat freddys drop .

Parker is gonna find out the hard way about levels
    ;

What the hell are "levels" ? Is this some gangster lingo AJ taught you?

Comment

Originally posted by Law088 View Post
      I'm from NZ I want JP to win, but my head says Joshua most likely will. BUT I have put money on Parker, just a lazy 100 because the odds are so juicy and not worth it to bet on Joshua. Bet on JP to win in rounds 7-12 @$16
      Parker is 7/1 just to win the fight, or was last week, you'd be crazy not to at least put some money down on that.....anything can happen and AJ is not the finished article by any stretch.

Comment

Don't forget your track shoes!
        This guy is going to try and out box Joshua and will use lateral moves and hope to get in and get out with quick combos.

We'll see what kind of jab Joshua has to offer and if he can move his feet in pace with a double jab to track Joe down.
        Interesting fight might be a calculated match up.

Ray

Comment

Kevin Barry said Parker is on track to come in around 6 or 7 kilos lighter than previous fights - which is a good thing.

What made Parker such an exciting prospect was his hand speed and power combination - unfortunately, he's come in pretty heavy recently, and it's detracted from his skillset.

Normally, I'd say going up against a big time power guy like AJ, a few extra kilos might be good for durability, but we know Parker has a granite chin, so he shouldn't lose too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            Parker is 7/1 just to win the fight, or was last week, you'd be crazy not to at least put some money down on that.....anything can happen and AJ is not the finished article by any stretch.
            Parkers chance is give away the first few rounds, make AJ work more than he wants to and then put it on him after the midway point after he tires and stop him late, so i think parker 7-12 is a very good bet considering he has no chance of getting a decision unless he drops AJ like 4 + times & an early stoppage is highly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              Parkers chance is give away the first few rounds, make AJ work more than he wants to and then put it on him after the midway point after he tires and stop him late, so i think parker 7-12 is a very good bet considering he has no chance of getting a decision unless he drops AJ like 4 + times & an early stoppage is highly unlikely.
              Where can you even bet on which half it ends in? I only have the option to bet in 3 round windows on Bet365. I've got £10 on Parker to win in 7-9 and 10-12 at 28/1 and 33/1 respectively, but also £50 on him just to win in case of a decision or early stoppage, I've covered all bases, just need him to win and I'm making good money, hopefully a stoppage 10-12 for the double.

I agree with your analysis as well. I think they will go back foot the first half of the fight and look to tire out Joshua. I think he has the movement and speed to do it, and enough pop in his counters to make Joshua think about opening up and trying to swarm him.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                Where can you even bet on which half it ends in? I only have the option to bet in 3 round windows on Bet365. I've got £10 on Parker to win in 7-9 and 10-12 at 28/1 and 33/1 respectively, but also £50 on him just to win in case of a decision or early stoppage, I've covered all bases, just need him to win and I'm making good money, hopefully a stoppage 10-12 for the double.

I agree with your analysis as well. I think they will go back foot the first half of the fight and look to tire out Joshua. I think he has the movement and speed to do it, and enough pop in his counters to make Joshua think about opening up and trying to swarm him.
                willhill has JP 7-12 @14/1, dunno if thats the best price but thats the bookies i use. AJ 7-12 is 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
                  Wilder sucks? He has almost twice as many knockouts at Joshua has fights. I absolutely think Joshua is the much better all around fighter but say what you want Wilder can punch a bunch. I was absolutely amazed that Ortiz didn't win that fight against Wilder which only validates another asset in Wilder's armor. He's got the chin Joshua wishes he had and on top of that he punches a lot harder than Joshua. If and I mean if Joshua gets by Parker I expect the mach up against Wilder should be a pickem fight. By the way Parker definitely has a chance to ring Joshua's bell. Difference between Parker and Klitchko is Klitchko was to slow, old and out of gas when he put Joshua down that won't be the case if Parker drops him.
                  yeah 39 mexican roadsweepers

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    yeah 39 mexican roadsweepers
                    Don’t forget audley Harrison on that list

Comment

This is not good for Parker already.he's gonna come in to light and lose some power.an against Joshua u need power.thats why I'm scared for Joshua to face wilder all that power wilder has.

Comment

Working...
                      X