Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Estrada: What Did The Judges Watch? I Clearly Beat Sor Rungvisai

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    No way was it a 117 fight but i had it 7 rounds to five for Rungvisai. He blocked a lot of Estrada's punches and when estrada's punches did hit flush they had much less effect than the other way round.
    Athleticism, power and durability won over better technique and boxig skills this time.
    Estrada was moving too much while he was throwing punches. He was sloppy cause he was concerned about the punches coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      Juan Francisco “El Gallo” Estrada put himself on the map as a top fighter in the lower weight classes in late in 2012 when he fought against Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez in what could have been a fight of the year candidate.

Estrada lost a tight toe to toe war with Gonzalez which left fans wanting to see a rematch but it left a sour taste in Estrada’s mouth as he felt he should have won the fight but the judges gave it to Gonzalez who was then a champion and undefeated.

“That fight happened at 108 pounds. I fight at 112 pounds,” said Estrada. “The judges gave Roman Gonzalez the decision. I knew that it shouldn’t have gone that way but he was the champion an undefeated and I was an unknown.”

Estrada has expressed interest in a rematch with Gonzalez and has stated that he learned quite a bit from their first fight and at 112 pounds it will be a different fight with a different outcome.

“At my weight it will be different. It was a good fight and I learned from it.”
      If I were Estrada, I wouldn't even worry about Choco anymore. He's better than Choco and he should know that now. If he wants to fight again whatever, if not..Estrada should not even care.

Comment

Juan Francisco “El Gallo” Estrada put himself on the map as a top fighter in the lower weight classes in late in 2012 when he fought against Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez in what could have been a fight of the year candidate.

Estrada lost a tight toe to toe war with Gonzalez which left fans wanting to see a rematch but it left a sour taste in Estrada’s mouth as he felt he should have won the fight but the judges gave it to Gonzalez who was then a champion and undefeated.

“That fight happened at 108 pounds. I fight at 112 pounds,” said Estrada. “The judges gave Roman Gonzalez the decision. I knew that it shouldn’t have gone that way but he was the champion an undefeated and I was an unknown.”

Estrada has expressed interest in a rematch with Gonzalez and has stated that he learned quite a bit from their first fight and at 112 pounds it will be a different fight with a different outcome.

“At my weight it will be different. It was a good fight and I learned from it.”
        Learn some spanish, kid. He never said that was a robbery

Comment

Marquez has referred to each of these fights as robberies:

Norwood
          Pacquiao 1
          Chris John
          Pacquiao 2
          Pacquiao 3
          Bradley
          Norwood fight was a robbery, John too, the 3 vs Pacquiao too.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedForce View Post
            If I were Estrada, I wouldn't even worry about Choco anymore. He's better than Choco and he should know that now. If he wants to fight again whatever, if not..Estrada should not even care.
            If it's a poor translation than I admit I was mistaken.

What was his actual meaning?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedForce View Post
              No, he didn't show that he is better than Choco. That was answered when they fought and it would have been the same result had they fought 2016-2017 Pre-Cuadras Pre-Rungvisai.

Comment

Estrada not only fights like Marquez but calls every fight he losses a robbery like Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  There is no better current resume than Sor Rungvisai's at the moment.

Who can claim a tougher 3 fight stretch than this >> Gonzalez x 2 (PfP 1) + Estrada - PfP lower top ten. Unreal!! This guy should be top 3 p4p now but probably won't be for whatever boxing politics.
                  You're only half right. The other reason is that this guy doesn't seperate himself from his opponents.

The first Gonzalev win was a controversial decision and this fight seemingly was controversial as well.

So out of the three fights he had only one was a decisive victory.

It's the same for Thurman. Thurman fought quality fighters in Porter and Garcia but he didn't seperate himself from the opponents. He got a majority decision against Garcia and a controversial decision against Porter.

I think when we talk ppv top tier you talk about guys like Crawford and Lomachenko. They are so far seperated from their opposition that people start to call those guys bums even though they were actually of high quality. Floyd suffered the same as Loma and Crawford for his brilliance, and I feel the same is/will happen to Spence.

I do agree with what you said but I also think there are two sides to this story.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Norwood fight was a robbery, John too, the 3 vs Pacquiao too.
                    I agree, except I'd only give JMM 2/4 wins. The last one was very clear!

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                      The judges watched a Thai warrior pound your soft, tight little donut hole into submission kid. That's what they were watching.

WAR THAILAND!!!!!!!

VIVA LA THAILAND!!!
                      Basically. But when we say Rungvisai is the goods and should’ve gotten KO of the year, guys like GGG Dumbking say “you just mad that “whitey” (Lemieux) got the KO (over Stevens).” While Lemieux looks like a Lebanese war general with Canadian citizenship.

We need more Christmas trees and festivities

Comment

Working...
                      X