No announcement yet.

Is PBC on free tv over?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
    so, they convice them to make a deal, by giving them lame fights?

Doesnt even have to be "big" fights, but they could have done better than mares/santa cruz showcase fights and omar figueroa vs robert guerrero.
    Pretty sure FOX is aware of the entire roster and the potential matchups. Doesn’t make sense to give them your best until a deal is done.

Comment

It seems like they are Showtime only with big fights or at a minimum regrouping a lil before making another play cuz the big free TV fights aren't happening very often.

I've seen at least one cat who's opinion I respect suggest a FOX deal is going to happen if/when the UFC deal ends, but idk about all that. The fact they are still doing something suggests to me its not 100% over yet, but where they are steering in the future might not be where they were steering to in the past.

Comment

Showtime actually have a big Budget and are paying up for those fights. Will be interesting to see what happens if UFC leave Fox, I could see PBC doing something with Fox to fill that Gap that would be left if UFC Leaves. UFC Ratings on Fox are WAY DOWN.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
          well if it ain't mr. 2010 east side boxing poster of the year, what's good
          Waddup, who is this btw lol

Comment

Originally posted by BIPBAP View Post
            Im seeing every top pbc fighter is fighting on showtime this year. Is pbc not doing any free networks fights anymore?
            BounceTV will get their quarterly fights, FOX will likely get quarterly fights, and the rest of the free schedule hinges on how the FOX/UFC talks go (the rumors of FOX/FS1 buying the WWE broadcast rights is another curveball in this whole thing, such a move will throw NBCUniversal into the hunt for content as well).

You add the preliminary talks of a CBS/Viacom merger (which could then establish a SHOPPV/CBS/Showtime/Paramount/CBS Sports boxing platform), and the free network portion is in a hurry-up-and-sit situation for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
              It seems like they only put low budget, but notable named fighters on FOX now as a lead in to a Showtime card like with Alexander/Ortiz. There was another card like this that was the precursor to GRJ vs Escadon on Showtime last year.

Then they'll have one huge event on CBS a year like Thurman vs Garcia. This year that fight may be Wilder vs Joshua.
              I still think Wilder-Joshua is a PPV fight, but that'll come down to what CBS is willing to put up to air the undisputed heavyweight championship fight in primetime against the amount of business that Showtime believes can be drawn on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                It seems like they are Showtime only with big fights or at a minimum regrouping a lil before making another play cuz the big free TV fights aren't happening very often.
                They're doing exactly what they said they were going to do before this all started. They put their rising stars on free TV to raise their value, then brought them back to Showtime. Espinoza said all along this was the plan. Don't know why anyone would have expected PBC to buy TV time forever.

FOX is interested in more PBC, but how can they know what they can afford to spend until they know what UFC is going to cost them (or if they're losing UFC)?

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                  Waddup, who is this btw lol
                  wass good.

I didn't post too often over there, just remember reading some posts of yours, and seeing u win that award. Usually just went to that site for the highlight fan videos etc.

Too many weirdo's and trolls there. I still remember when Leon jacked your Skype picture and posted it, very creepy.

Seemed like every boxer had their overly dickriding fan: Margarito Freddywak, Pacquiao Benjamin Linus, Canelo Doc, Mayweather Leon, Marquez Bogotazo, etc etc. Seemed more like a cult over there than actual boxing talk.

I remember you liked Zab too but at least you didn't act like you juggled his balls in your mouth like those other people. (O yea did you ever get an A for that "how to throw a punch" paper you made?)

Punisher was a cool dude though

Comment

Working...
                  X