Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Georges St-Pierre is Latest To Eye Floyd Mayweather Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol floyd aint never fighting again and sure as hell not in ufc, hes just grabbing attention and getting it from dana white

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      lol floyd aint never fighting again and sure as hell not in ufc, hes just grabbing attention and getting it from dana white
      Dana White likes the attention just as much. They are feeding off one another

Comment

Originally posted by Boom Boom X View Post
        And...again... Floyd is a boxer, therefore Boxingscene will report articles related to him.

We can agree to disagree on UFC being entertaining or not, that's your personal preference. (Btw Dana's not a coach)

Dunno, man. If you don't give af about an article, don't click and scroll on. And easy with the "tired routine UFC fighters pull off" stuff. As a fan of both sports, I can see that the trash talking/call outs/mentions/challenges aren't exactly one-sided. Just sayin'...
        I know Dana is not a 'coach" ....how old are you? You must be old enough to realize as a 'promoter' one of Dana's jobs is to groom personalities... If you do not think DW is in his fighter's ears COACHING them on how to draw money you are being naive...I am interested to hear which boxers are calling out UFC fighters other then RJJ who is just trying to earn 1 last significant check so a crossover fight for him reps that...boxers hardly ever even call out any other boxers anymore, the majority never want to answer questions like that directly...typically they say " leave it up to Al Haymon" or "my team" when asked who they want next.

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
          I know Dana is not a 'coach" ....how old are you? You must be old enough to realize as a 'promoter' one of Dana's jobs is to groom personalities... If you do not think DW is in his fighter's ears COACHING them on how to draw money you are being naive...I am interested to hear which boxers are calling out UFC fighters other then RJJ who is just trying to earn 1 last significant check so a crossover fight for him reps that...boxers hardly ever even call out any other boxers anymore, the majority never want to answer questions like that directly...typically they say " leave it up to Al Haymon" or "my team" when asked who they want next.
          It's not that I'm being "naive", it's just you're reaching and it's logic based on your ignorance on the sport of MMA.

Easy. There's Paulie who can't shut up about wanting Conor. Then there's Manny calling out Conor now (can't tell me you missed that). Tyson Fury called out Cain Velasquez not too long ago. Bellew mentioned wanting to fight Bisping. Take your pick.

Comment

No one cares to see GSP versus Mayweather. At least with Conor, he's one of the greatest strikers in MMA history which gave people the illusion that he might be able to surprise Floyd and catch him with a Hail Mary punch of some kind. George doesn't have those level of striking skills, nor does he have the personality that would mesh well with Floyd's like Conor did. NO BUYS.

Have some dignity and stay within your own sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Boom Boom X View Post
              It's not that I'm being "naive", it's just you're reaching and it's logic based on your ignorance on the sport of MMA.

Easy. There's Paulie who can't shut up about wanting Conor. Then there's Manny calling out Conor now (can't tell me you missed that). Tyson Fury called out Cain Velasquez not too long ago. Bellew mentioned wanting to fight Bisping. Take your pick.
              Thanks for the examples, rotflmao, btw Paulie is retired, Manny is semi retired, TF is a 300lb joke, and Bellew is somewhere between a almost retired fighter and an actor...whereas the biggest names in UFC call out boxers repeatedly...wow talk about 'reaching' to state your case.

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
                Thanks for the examples, rotflmao, btw Paulie is retired, Manny is semi retired, TF is a 300lb joke, and Bellew is somewhere between a almost retired fighter and an actor...whereas the biggest names in UFC call out boxers repeatedly...wow talk about 'reaching' to state your case.
                Haha! All of a sudden it's different because the guys I mentioned don't count by your standards (that you are just now pulling out of your a$$ to save face)? Let's not act like the names mentioned are "nobodies" (Pac isn't even a year removed from the Horn loss, is still a big name and payday, and still plans to fight on, which makes your "semi-retired" statement stupid). You asked for examples. I gave them. It backfired on you. Deal with it. "Biggest names in UFC calling out boxers repeatedly", huh? I can give you Conor, but let's not act like the banter was one-sided. By your logic, GSP shouldn't count because him having colitis means he's "almost retired", too. Again, by your logic. Even if you wanna insist, two guys is hardly "repeatedly".

Btw it's not reaching if it's proven that the guys I named have actually called out/mentioned/challenged MMA fighters without the need for speculation on if they really did or not, which makes me suspect you don't fully (if at all) understand the term "reaching". Nice try though.

Comment

Working...
                X