Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbiased posters weigh in on how ggg can win a third fight if it materialises.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He needs to go to the body for sure. For crying out loud Smith hit Canelo to the body more than Golovkin did. If he's physically stronger than Canelo he needs to rough him up on the inside. I know Its not his thing though so I don't see it happening. Learning a new skill set this late in his career isn't likely. He needs to stay trim between camps. He can't be carrying excessive body fat. He should walk around st 175 or so. He's 36 and Canelo is in his prime so it's a tall task. I think he won both fights but the judges don't like his style apparently.

Comment

GGG is an old dude. Can't stand the heat of the kitchen at all. Which is what it is, as he has shown. He pretty much gave half the fight away when he took a Canelo left hook. I don't know why he chose to not engage and have Canelo 'tire' himself out, but that's a missed opportunity due to not letting his hands go early on. If GGG was more of a war seeker, he'd fight back after knowing he can withstand Canelo's punches, as he never physically buckled or anything. It's just his mental game was so damaged when Canelo withstood whatever he dished out.

Comment

Short of him scoring multiple knockdowns I cant see him ever getting a decision over Canelo. He could have dropped him once Saturday and still not won the fight.

If they fight 5 times, the same fight will happen time after time and canelo gets the benefit of the doubt every time in close rounds.

Comment

I dont want to see a third match.

They could fight a quadrilogy and it will end in a close fight with a controversial decission each time.

It will be more of the same. These two are too evenly matched

Comment

Golovkin has all the tools to beat Canelo, all the advantages are in his favor.

All he needs to do is step up.

Canelo won the first fight with his intelligence and preparation. He won the second fight with his balls. It was close each time.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              he's no longer in 365 clean boxing program. He can juice for 3 months. get off and go into the 3rd match like Hulkez and sleep Clenelo.
              Honestly peds may be the answer at this point in his career...he looked really old and tired in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablos15 View Post
                Im curious can golovkin change or do anything better in a third fight? I think a more measured approach would help. He burned a hell of a lot of energy in missed punches.

Why oh why wont he throw caution to the wind and throw more punches at canelos body. He's not worried about counters he was getting hit with heavy shots headhunting so that doesnt make sense.

Golovkin cant win on cards in vegas money talks and nelo has more money Making appeal long term then a on his way out ggg.

I appreciate both fighters its a fuked up situation really ggg won the first fight closely. But canelo learned more from the first fight and made many changes which I give credit for but although the 2nd fight was closer I still had g winning by a round.
                Hes old. Cotto use to be one of the most prolific body punchers in boxing, he stopped going to the body as he aged.

GGG use to be one of the most prolific body punchers in boxing, hes stopped going down stairs more and more as he has aged, and relied on his jab more and more.

If he can still do it, Id like to see it in a rematch. GGG breaks ribs.

I think Canelo is sharp enough at countering that GGG would really have to decide that he is willing to take the counter to get to the body, which may or maynot turn out very well.

What Id really love to see him have is a nice jab to the body, and take that uppercut he was having success with and mix it in upstairs and down stairs when canelo throws to the body.

via Gfycat

via Gfycat

via Gfycat

Last edited by !! Shawn; 09-17-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  Hes old. Cotto use to be one of the most prolific body punchers in boxing, he stopped going to the body as he aged.

GGG use to be one of the most prolific body punchers in boxing, hes stopped going down stairs more and more as he has aged, and relied on his jab more and more.

If he can still do it, Id like to see it in a rematch. GGG breaks ribs.

I think Canelo is sharp enough at countering that GGG would really have to decide that he is willing to take the counter to get to the body, which may or maynot turn out very well.

What Id really love to see him have is a nice jab to the body, and take that uppercut he was having success with and mix it in upstairs and down stairs when canelo throws to the body.

via Gfycat

Yup. That right uppercut was a thing of beauty.

GGG busted him up ib the second half. Canelo got sloppy.

Comment

He can't and it's pointless other than $$.
                    Landing more won't get him a decision and he's going to be tough to ko.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      Bodywork. He has to risk it.
                      Exactly boog....he has to sink in those lefts to canelo's liver and torso, the uppercut of golovkin was also working and he landed them consistently.
                      I was a boxer and i was taught a good strong jab is the most important punch in boxing and again golovkin was masterful with that.
                      I think golovkin won by 7-4 and one even so i dont see it as a loss for golovkin and we have to look at the fact it was competitive and exciting and a 3rd fight can only go the same way.
                      I am actually amazed how canelo was not bleeding like a stuck pig with the size of the cut he had over his left eye , it was a massive slit and yet he seemed to have no blood pouring from it. Proper strange.
                      Both fighters will have left something in that ring saturday night so i think it would have take some years off there careers.
                      lets not feel to bad for golovkin as he may not have got the judges nod but the consensus is he did enough to retain his titles.
                      He also made a ton of money and will likely earn a hefty payday for the 3rd fight....ali had 3 fights against norton where many judges thought ali lost all three.
                      Canelo may have got the decison but he never won the fight and punch stats prove that and golovkin was also the fighter who was dominating the last 3rd of the fight from 8 onwards and had canelo hurt several times towards the end.
                      We have to ask ourselves how many more fights can canelo fight like that as well because he shifted a huge amount of punishment as well.
                      I want to see a 3rd fight and golovkin if he really wants to win must let it all hang out and keep on canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X