No announcement yet.

GGG vs Canelo; media row bias.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
    So then you’re saying people should not accept the fight?
    No, i'm not talking about fans. I'm talking only about GGG and how he approached this fight. If you're plan was to try an outbox Canelo to a win, that was foolish IMO given what we've seen when Canelo is in with top tier talent in Las Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      No, i'm not talking about fans. I'm talking only about GGG and how he approached this fight. If you're plan was to try an outbox Canelo to a win, that was foolish IMO given what we've seen when Canelo is in with top tier talent in Las Vegas.
      I was talking about G too. So you’re saying that the rules vary depending on who is fighting. Because that is the reality.

Comment

I was talking about G too. So you’re saying that the rules vary depending on who is fighting. Because that is the reality.
        I'm saying that if GGG's team strategy was to try and box to win then that was foolish given what we've seen in big Canelo fights in Vegas. His team should've had the mindset that "we can't win by decision, we must win by KO or TKO".

Comment

I'm saying that if GGG's team strategy was to try and box to win then that was foolish given what we've seen in big Canelo fights in Vegas. His team should've had the mindset that "we can't win by decision, we must win by KO or TKO".
          It doesnt matter what a strategy is, the rules to win are clearly defined.
          However, the reality is that the rules also vary on a fight to fight basis. “This is boxing not knockouts”. So why should any fighter need the mindset that they can only win by ko?
          Thats not an even playing field which is what so many posters have been advocating from 2010 to 2015.

Comment

It doesnt matter what a strategy is, the rules to win are clearly defined.
            However, the reality is that the rules also vary on a fight to fight basis. “This is boxing not knockouts”. So why should any fighter need the mindset that they can only win by ko?
            Thats not an even playing field which is what so many posters have been advocating from 2010 to 2015.
            I am not saying it's right or fair. just pointing out that those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

GGG had all the evidence he needed to realize he wasn't going to get a UD win. If you watch the best fighter of a generation, an American, win all 12 rounds against Canelo and one scorecard read 114-114, then you already know the deal.

GGG appeared to decide to box rather than come forward and go for the KO. however unfair that reality is, the minute he decided to do that he conceded the fight IMO.

Comment

I am not saying it's right or fair. just pointing out that those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

GGG had all the evidence he needed to realize he wasn't going to get a UD win. If you watch the best fighter of a generation, an American, win all 12 rounds against Canelo and one scorecard read 114-114, then you already know the deal.

GGG appeared to decide to box rather than come forward and go for the KO. however unfair that reality is, the minute he decided to do that he conceded the fight IMO.
              So as I said before, he should not take the fight, right?

Comment

So as I said before, he should not take the fight, right?
                Take the fight but understand what it's really going to take to win the fight. Don't lie to yourself.

Comment

Take the fight but understand what it's really going to take to win the fight. Don't lie to yourself.
                  So knowing that the judges cater to a particular fighter in any bout, how do we take these records of fighters seriously?

Comment

So knowing that the judges cater to a particular fighter in any bout, how do we take these records of fighters seriously?
                    Again, I'm speaking only about GGG going into this fight with Canelo. Not every fighter has Canelo's history so you can't take what I'm posting about this fight and apply it to other fighters.

Comment

Again, I'm speaking only about GGG going into this fight with Canelo. Not every fighter has Canelo's history so you can't take what I'm posting about this fight and apply it to other fighters.
                      Lots of fighters in history have been the house fighter. Lets not act like this is new.

Comment

Working...
                      X