No announcement yet.

Official NSB Poll - Canelo vs. GGG 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
    Pretty obvious winner in here. Not even close according to the poll results.
    No way in hell did GGG deserve to lost his titles.

Canelo came close, and gave GGG his best challenge, but he did not deserve to become the new champ at all.

At worst, a draw. But 7-5 Canelo was just spitting in GGG's face.

Comment

that fight was a classic draw, canelo bozzed the first half golovkin the second half

any1 scoring that fight more than 1 round up for either fighter is highly questionable

if i was golovkin i would be majorly p issed at the scoring in both the canelo fights, the judges definitely went the canelo route even after his ped bust

both fighters deserve major props after that, canelo was great on the night, im not really a fan of his but i was in this fight, nice quick combos, great beard and good stamina too. Golovkin was great too and really showed up late in the fight and earned a draw i would say and combine that with the win he should have got first fight and golovkin should be very annoyed at the results, i hope the money compensates him somewhat but imo he got jobbed in vegas, sad but true

Comment

I had Canelo edging it by a couple of rounds. GGG gave away too many of the early rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
          that fight was a classic draw, canelo bozzed the first half golovkin the second half

any1 scoring that fight more than 1 round up for either fighter is highly questionable

if i was golovkin i would be majorly p issed at the scoring in both the canelo fights, the judges definitely went the canelo route even after his ped bust

both fighters deserve major props after that, canelo was great on the night, im not really a fan of his but i was in this fight, nice quick combos, great beard and good stamina too. Golovkin was great too and really showed up late in the fight and earned a draw i would say and combine that with the win he should have got first fight and golovkin should be very annoyed at the results, i hope the money compensates him somewhat but imo he got jobbed in vegas, sad but true
          Yep, in both fights the decisions went a tick Canelo's way. The second time it cost GGG his belts and an unfair L on his perfect record.

It was pathetic and I feel bad for GGG.

Comment

Golovkin 115-113

This fight was even closer than their first fight and more action packed. Thought GGG started way too slow, but I thought he did enough to catch up and win.

Respect to Canelo who fought a great game plan the first half of the fight. GGG backed away in this fight, but stayed in punching range so he can land his own shots. People who say he ran are just trolling in retaliation for the ones who said Canelo ran in the first fight. And some people are legit ******ed and actually think GGG ran.

Anyone who thought Canelo won clearly and GGG took a beating must have stopped watching after the 6th round.

Boxing politics suck. GGG deserved both fights, sucks that he's 36 and will continue to decline. He only has a few good fights left in him, if that.
            Last edited by Willy Wanker; 09-16-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

This poll has it almost 2 thirds for GGG so far...obviously a pretty wide margin.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                This poll has it almost 2 thirds for GGG so far...obviously a pretty wide margin.
                Not close at all.

GGG was robbed of his belts.

Comment

All unbiased boxing fans know GGG won. Even this extremely biased anti GGG forum had him winning. Look at the other polls, GGG is leading 5:1

It was a tough close fight, but GGG edged it out. Canelo is in his prime, GGG is way past prime, older slower etc. Canelo will be long retired at GGGs current age.

Yet this version of GGG was still good enough to beat the prime Canelo in the eyes of the huge majority of boxing fans and experts.

But there is no way you win a close fight in Vegas vs a cashcow, it never happens.
                  Last edited by Jubei; 09-16-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

About 65% thinking it was a GGG win or a draw. most ringside scorecards thought the same also.

Close fight but I think they gave it to the wrong guy again.

Comment

It was a very close fight, I had Golovkin winning because I thought the jab and his output would get him the win. But I'm biased and still I knew Canelo could win based on his power shots

Comment

Working...
                      X