Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eminem's new album is garbage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kon Artis says that Eminem is coming back with something for MGK.

“The one thing I’m worried about— did y’all see the Avengers movie?” he asked the hosts. “Remember when Thanos threw that whole planet at Iron Man? I’m worried about [Em] breaking the planet in half and throwing it at [MGK].”

Comment

Also on Joe Budden's podcast he said Em's domestic abuse diss won't get him out of retirement, claims he's a better rapper than Eminem and doesn't have to respond but said he will respond if...

"You inspire me the way my harsh criticism inspired you. You go spit something to make the superior MC, me, get out of his bed," Joe explains. "In the event you want to address me, you'll do it outside of your album roll out. The second you do it, I'm on your ass. I am going to cut your fucking ass up."

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        It has a different sound to me. It’s certainly not typical Eminem flow or typical Eminem-album production. You can definitely hear the modern rap influence to every single track except The Ringer, which sounds like something you would find in an old Eminem album. The production, unfortunately, sound like the dreaded “trap” beats. There’s about 5 good tracks, so the other half of the album, to me, isn’t good imo.

I want to know why Dr Dre didn’t produce any beats in this album.
        c'mon son 5 good EM tracks is a gift from el senor jesus cristo

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          First rapper, to my knowledge, to respond to Eminem’s disses from this album.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp0BScQSSvg

Can’t embed, phone.

Gotta admit, never heard of the guy, but the track and lyrics go hard.
          Have a listen to Breaking News. It’s good.

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
            Also on Joe Budden's podcast he said Em's domestic abuse diss won't get him out of retirement, claims he's a better rapper than Eminem and doesn't have to respond but said he will respond if...

"You inspire me the way my harsh criticism inspired you. You go spit something to make the superior MC, me, get out of his bed," Joe explains. "In the event you want to address me, you'll do it outside of your album roll out. The second you do it, I'm on your ass. I am going to cut your fucking ass up."
            Budden needs to shut the **** up lol big pun's son is a better rapper than him.

Comment

Can’t say I’m a fan of Eminem’s new album.

There’s a few problems. The main one is that there just doesn’t seem to be much thought into the backing tracks. If you remember Em at his best you remember catchy backing tracks, whether that’s the brooding bass of Stan or Cleaning out my closet, or the catchy sax or low key guitar riffs of Without Me and Superman, or the dope keyboard samples on The Real Slim Shady. The tunes were nearly as memorable as the vocals. But musically there’s just been no imagination to his work for ages.

Secondly, he really sounds like a washed up, low on confidence has been. He can still rhyme, but the subject of his music is one of pure resentment these days. Obviously, Em had a fair few tracks in his older works where he’d just rant, such as The Way It Is or Sing For The Moment, but he didn’t come across as anxiety ridden in those, it was more about pointing out hypocrisys in society and feedback from overly offended hate groups, rather than whinging about bad reviews.

Thirdly, Em spends a lot of tracks rapping about nothing at all, I mean he’s got a lot to say, but there’s no consistent message throughout any of his new tracks, it’s almost bi polar the way he switches whatever his rant is about, going from the media, to trump, to people he has beef with, he does all of this with that anger and anxiety which is just draining.

Fourthly, there’s just no energy to these tracks, which ties in to the first point, musically they are so forgettable which makes the tracks a drag to listen to given that he spends near enough everyone ranting. Stepping Stones is a bit more introspective, so it’s passable and interesting to hear, other than that it’s just bland.

Fifthly, where the singles? Although it seems a bit of an antithesis to rap, where’s the pop tracks? The Real Slim Shady? My Name Is? Purple Pills (I know that was D12) and Without Me? Where’s the high energy, comedy track to get on the radio? It seems the last one he had was Just Lose It in 2005 which is an age ago. Eminem never had to shoehorn in the likes of Rihanna or Ed Sheehan to have a hit at his best. I respect he’s not gone down this route on the new album, but in its absence there should be a Slim Shady song on there which could herald a new mainstream comeback single.

I don’t really care to hear a new album from him. I guess I’ll listen if he does, but if he wants to reclaim his glory he has to understand all the elements which made him so successful (beyond being the first white rapper anyone could take seriously).

It’s a better album than Revival, but that’s really scant praise given that I consider that album to be one of the worst albums I’ve heard, right down there with United Nations of Sound by Richard Ashcroft and if you’d ever heard that album you’d know that’s as about as punishing a criticism that could be given to a music album.
              Last edited by Targaryen; 09-06-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post

There’s a few problems. The main one is that there just doesn’t seem to be much thought into the backing tracks. If you remember Em at his best you remember catchy backing tracks, whether that’s the brooding bass of Stan or Cleaning out my closet, or the catchy sax or low key guitar riffs of Without Me and Superman, or the dope keyboard samples on The Real Slim Shady. The tunes were nearly as memorable as the vocals. But musically there’s just been no imagination to his work for ages.

Secondly, he really sounds like a washed up, low on confidence has been. He can still rhyme, but the subject of his music is one of pure resentment these days. Obviously, Em had a fair few tracks in his older works where he’d just rant, such as The Way It Is or Sing For The Moment, but his didn’t come across as anxiety ridden in those, it was more about pointing out hypocrisys in society and feedback from overly offended hate groups, rather than whinging about bad reviews.

Thirdly, Em spends a lot of tracks rapping about nothing at all, I mean he’s got a lot to say, but there’s no consistent message throughout any of his new tracks, it’s almost bi polar the way he switches whatever his rant is about, going from the media, to trump, to people he has beef with, he does all of this with that anger and anxiety which is just draining.

Fourthly, there’s just no energy to these tracks, which ties in to the first point, musically they are so forgettable which makes the tracks a drag to listen to given that he spends near enough everyone ranting. Stepping Stones is a bit more introspective, so it’s passable and interesting to hear, other than that it’s just bland.

Fifthly, where the singles? Although it seems a bit of an antithesis to rap, where’s the pop tracks? The Real Slim Shady? My Name Is? Purple Pills (I know that was D12) and Without Me? Where’s the high energy, comedy track to get on the radio? It seems the last one he had was Just Lose It in 2005 which is an age ago. Eminem never had to shoehorn in the likes of Rihanna or Ed Sheehan to have a hit at his best. I respect he’s not gone down this route on the new album, but in its absence there should be a Slim Shady song on there which could herald a new mainstream comeback single.

I don’t really care to hear a new album from him. I guess I’ll listen if he does, but if he wants to reclaim his glory he has to understand all the elements which made him so successful (beyond being the first white rapper anyone could take seriously).
                A lot of great points. I just think he is way past his best. He doesn't have the young hunger, drive that he had before. From a beat perspective, it seemed like Stepping stones was the closest to an old Eminem tune. I want people to listen to Lose yourself, Till I collapse, Stan, there is nothing he has put out in a LONG time that rivals that or even comes close. I could mention way more tunes but ill state that as a sample size for the time being.

Comment

MGK is finished

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post

Secondly, he really sounds like a washed up, low on confidence has been. He can still rhyme, but the subject of his music is one of pure resentment these days. Obviously, Em had a fair few tracks in his older works where he’d just rant, such as The Way It Is or Sing For The Moment, but he didn’t come across as anxiety ridden in those, it was more about pointing out hypocrisys in society and feedback from overly offended hate groups, rather than whinging about bad reviews.

It’s a better album than Revival, but that’s really scant praise given that I consider that album to be one of the worst albums I’ve heard, right down there with United Nations of Sound by Richard Ashcroft and if you’d ever heard that album you’d know that’s as about as punishing a criticism that could be given to a music album.
                    Yes, production wise, I hear a lot of trap-music influenced beats. Ironically he is angry at trap music and mumble rap, but he has a mum rap flow-er in one of his songs (Lucky You). In the same album, in Not Alike, he mocks that flow that is used by his feature Joyner Lucas (Lucky You) in Not Alike.

I 100% agree with you that one of Eminem's trademark in his successful albums, other than good lyrics, is humor. This album, as well as previous albums dating back more than a decade, have lost that humor. His acid rap/humor/exaggeration rap lyrics is gone. He is very serious now and that "funny guy" style is what made him so unique and made hip hop fans and even people who don't like hip hop like him, that's all gone.

His songs about women are now very serious. But he used to have like Superman (humor), Kim (exaggeration/acid rap), Cleaning Out My Closet (Serious, personal, but much better content than the one's on Kamikaze), Kill You (humor).

In his diss songs he used to toy with his opponents, have fun and make rap beef humorous. Now they sound serious.

All around is a very serious, angry album that has lost its unique Slim Shady sound.

Comment

• Eminem posted an instagram video of him playing pacman for 7 minutes lol to show how bothered he is by kelly.

That response better drop soon. Kelly released his in 3 days eminem is taking too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X