This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are white fighters more easily hyped?

Are white fighters more easily hyped? For example...

Imagine if Broner was white. People would respect him more, despite acting like a jerk, because it's bad for the white man's confidence to see a black man with so much confidence. My proof? McGregor is the most beloved personality in MMA at the moment and he acts worse than Broner!

Imagine if a black man did what Golovkin did. Fighting in a weak division for years and his best win is a guy who moved up two weight classes... People would say "he needs to prove himself!", "we don't know how good he is yet!", etc... My proof? Notice how white fans react to Joshua and Wilder, both knocking out lame opposition like Golovkin, but still not getting accepted. Joshua is actually fighting much better opposition now than Golovkin fought at that point in his career and Brook made Golovkin look lame. We don't know how good Golovkin is yet.

When a black man looks bad in a fight, like Ortiz in his last fight, people insist on him being exposed, just like they will say Wilder is exposed when he gets knocked out someday. Golovkin and Kovalev both looked absolutely horrible in their last fights. Golovkin got outboxed by Brook in the first two rounds and took too many punches, getting shaky legs (I should make a gif with that). But people start making excuses about it, lol. And Kovalev looked so amateurish against Chilemba, but it didn't keep white fans from insisting on him being able to KO Ward (who really is leagues above Chilemba).

There are countless of more examples, keep that in mind and think about it a bit before you base your answer on only the points I made above... The white fans need to start judging fighters by fair and objective criteria.

The majority chose to ignore 'Super' Joe Calzaghe, as he glided along, dismantling hyped black fighter after hyped black fighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post

Imagine if Broner was white. People would respect him more, despite acting like a jerk, because it's bad for the white man's confidence to see a black man with so much confidence. My proof? McGregor is the most beloved personality in MMA at the moment and he acts worse than Broner!

Imagine if a black man did what Golovkin did. Fighting in a weak division for years and his best win is a guy who moved up two weight classes... People would say "he needs to prove himself!", "we don't know how good he is yet!", etc... My proof? Notice how white fans react to Joshua and Wilder, both knocking out lame opposition like Golovkin, but still not getting accepted. Joshua is actually fighting much better opposition now than Golovkin fought at that point in his career and Brook made Golovkin look lame. We don't know how good Golovkin is yet.

When a black man looks bad in a fight, like Ortiz in his last fight, people insist on him being exposed, just like they will say Wilder is exposed when he gets knocked out someday. Golovkin and Kovalev both looked absolutely horrible in their last fights. Golovkin got outboxed by Brook in the first two rounds and took too many punches, getting shaky legs (I should make a gif with that). But people start making excuses about it, lol. And Kovalev looked so amateurish against Chilemba, but it didn't keep white fans from insisting on him being able to KO Ward (who really is leagues above Chilemba).

There are countless of more examples, keep that in mind and think about it a bit before you base your answer on only the points I made above... The white fans need to start judging fighters by fair and objective criteria.
      I could provide counter examples to every one you mentioned, but it sounds like you're asking whether there's racism in boxing. Well, yeah, probably, and not just from whites either. And there's partisanship of other kinds too, most notably nationalistic bias. Probably best to suck it up, unless you fancy starting a twitter campaign?

Comment

war white fighters

anti-war non white fighters

Comment

Broner's biggest problem is that he's a **** up and not as good as advertised.

As for the rest of what the OP has said, President Trump has been notified.

Comment

You sound insecure bro.

Comment

I don't know, i mean Broner was one of the most hyped fighters in a long time. Way over-hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post

Broner? Until after he fought Maidana, I was rooting for Broner... But what one would have expected after he lost vs Porter?

McGregor? What about him? There are also some "non-white" tip-top Brazilian fighters in MMA...

Ortiz? I don't think he looked bad in his last fight -- in fact, my take is that he did alright vs a Scott who faked he' was almost out all night long...

Wilder and Joshua? They are still "building" themselves...

... But now we come to the "point" of your post here: "Are white fighters more easily hyped?"...

... Well: by "white fighters" you actually mean GGG and Kovalev only... And you fail to mention, for instance, the likes of Calzaghe, Pavlik, Martinez, Chavez Jr., Canelo (among others) -- who they are all "white"... I repeat: you only mention GGG and Kovalev -- who are products of the "Russian school of boxing"... Why that?... Are you able to explain?

Comment

Eastcoast, Trump is not more of a racist than Hillary is. Hillary just acts nice for the camera. She got financed by the corrupt banks that run the world, the biggest companies. Trump finansed himself. As a black man, I am happy that Trump won. He can hate me if he wants or love me if he wants, I don't care, but we know that he is not corrupt like Hillary is. They even sabotaged 75% of the voting machines in Utah, a Trump state, to make it harder for his voters to vote for him. And have you ever seen a president candidate get dissed as much by the media as Trump? Hillary would also have triggered world war 3 by continuing the beef with Russia. Trump prevents world war 3 by calming the relationships.

Oh, and Obama expelled much more immigrants than than any other president in history and he was responsible for destroying Libya and killing millions of people (study Gaddafi and Libya, but not through your own media). Obama is also quite down with the use of drones, he is a madman. He even sits and lets his wife control the drone like a videogame, if you haven't seen the video yet...

Trump is hated by the white man who does no research and Trump is hated by the black man who cares more about themselves than world peace. Let's run America like a business for a while, let's stop all these mad and mindless wars. People should just be mature, like Mike Tyson, and not take Trump's controversial quotes that seriously. Mike Tyson is a Trump supporter, I am a Trump supporter and millions of intelligent black people are Trump supporters.

Hillary can go to hell with her corrupt husband.

Comment

OP is absolutely right.

Comment

Working...
                    X