Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia May Remain at 140-Pounds After Loma-Linares Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    It was never happening, which is why they both raced to make the Linares fight. Garcia thought he had the drop, but the Bobfather always has some tricks up his sleeve.

Garcia is obviously serious about going to 147 although I think he might want to holla at Memo or Canelo's dealer before doing that.
    As much as I want the fight happening I knew it would be a cold day in hell before Bob Arum, Al, and Mikey all agree...

No sense dropping to 135 to fight Linares coming off a loss. Easter isnt that good.

Your right he should get a hold of Memo and eat some tainted meat to get ready for 147.

Comment

Tell Cherry Picker Garcia to fight Prograis

I am tired on my guy not getting he respect or is it these dudes are scared LOL.

If Garcia stays at 140 he will get his career seriously derailed or ended if he fights Regis Prograis.

Prograis has the interim belt but will get the real one when he fights the winner of the Imam and Ramirez fight this weekend.

Yall dudes don't get it. This dude is a killa and will decapitate ANYBODY at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by jinx_htx View Post
        Maybe he thinks Easter isn't worth cutting back down to 135 for.

The Garcias don't seem to think that Mikey "gets destroyed at 147". Errol Spence's name keeps coming up in articles about Mikey.

A unification with the Ramirez/Iman winner could be nice, but then Mikey might get c0ckblocked by Bob Arum again. Did you notice how quickly the Loma-Linares fight got made after Mikey won his last fight? Arum couldn't stand the thought of Mikey and GBP making money together so he had to hurry up and snatch up Linares.
        Garcia better stay at 135. If he comes to 140 he gets his head torn off by Regis Prograis

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          It was never happening, which is why they both raced to make the Linares fight. Garcia thought he had the drop, but the Bobfather always has some tricks up his sleeve.

Garcia is obviously serious about going to 147 although I think he might want to holla at Memo or Canelo's dealer before doing that.
          Too bad, he's going to get wrecked there, he already looked flabby at 140 and the power will be gone, already diminished at 140,i think the fight could get made, i think he's staying at 140 to wait on Loma till he moves up, Loma will be older, Loma's small for 140 and by the time he moves up he's older so he's hoping his natural talent and reflexes will have faded a bit giving him more chance

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
            Lmao thats what u get dumbass. No way he fights ramirez after he beats that former black hope imam. So who can he really fight at 140?
            Who can really fight at 140? His name is Regis "Rougarou" Prograis and he will beat the **** out of anybody at 140...including Broner..Garcia..Imam..Ramirez...Omar Figueroa and ANYBODY else at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by bxkiddchino View Post
              Mikey did get hit quite a bit against Lipinets. If he stays at 140 he has a difficult mandatory defense against Baranchyk who is a solid puncher. If he decides to go back down to 135 he should unify with Easter Jr., which to me would seem as the easier option considering how Easter Jr. has looked lately.
              He will get murdered by Regis Prograis if he stays at 140.

Comment

I've been saying, and Mikey must've been listening, that he can collect the belts at 140 and try to lure little Lomachenko up to him or meet at a catchweight. In the meantime we are still at least a year, if not two away from Crawford vs Spence vs Thurman being resolved.
                Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 03-14-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                  Too bad, he's going to get wrecked there, he already looked flabby at 140 and the power will be gone, already diminished at 140,i think the fight could get made, i think he's staying at 140 to wait on Loma till he moves up, Loma will be older, Loma's small for 140 and by the time he moves up he's older so he's hoping his natural talent and reflexes will have faded a bit giving him more chance
                  We all would like to think the fight could get made, but it's unlikely. Extremely.

Yeah, Garcia probably gets wrecked at 47.

Comment

Ducking Spence jr

Comment

Honestly in today's boxing world boxers don't duck out of fear they just try to avoid a fight from happening to soon. It sucks for the fan but in the hurt business it's smart business for the fighters. Any fight could be their last fight. I just hope they don't drag it out too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X