No announcement yet.

Rigo exposed as a bully

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    They absolutely should bring back same day weigh ins and scoring round that are even as even rounds but you know they never will. As long as Loma can make 130 under the current rules there is no reason he shouldn't fight at 130 if he wants to. Almost all pro boxers weigh much more in the ring than they do at the weigh in these days. Blame the stupid rules but don't blame boxers like Loma who follow those rules because they have done nothing wrong. Rigo asked for this fight and said the weight was no problem and would not be an excuse for him losing. Loma just gave him what he asked for. Loma said he will fight at 135 from now on anyway.
    Same day weigh in's will probably produce better fights! Just imagine if Usain Bolt or Basketball players had to weight drain themselves the day before competition? (Staying around your fight weight, was one of the reason's why fighters such as Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweather had so much longevity etc).....

Even at 41 years of age, Floyd Mayweather bullied Conor Mcgregor who i presume? Cut 15-20 pounds in weight to make 154.....

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Size does make a difference, but it typically starts to count later in a fight. Early on, the smaller man is usually faster and more mobile, and it takes the bigger man a few rounds to wear him down and take over.

Loma dominated Rigo from the second round on, and he didn't do it by wearing him down, he did it with with superior speed and skill.

I think Rigo's age and inactivity handicapped him more than Loma's size.
      Every smaller man is not faster. Every bigger man is not slower. If you have a big slow guy, then yea a small quick guy can beat them up. If you have two guys that are just about equal in footspeed, but one guy is that much taller and longer, the smaller guy is not going to ever get close enough to do anything.

From the opening round, Rigo was too short and stubby imo. Had nothing to do with wearing down or anything. And because of the size difference, Loma can see everything a mile away. In close, Loma was too big as well. Rigo couldnt get his hands close enough

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        Every smaller man is not faster. Every bigger man is not slower. If you have a big slow guy, then yea a small quick guy can beat them up. If you have two guys that are just about equal in footspeed, but one guy is that much taller and longer, the smaller guy is not going to ever get close enough to do anything.

From the opening round, Rigo was too short and stubby imo. Had nothing to do with wearing down or anything. And because of the size difference, Loma can see everything a mile away. In close, Loma was too big as well. Rigo couldnt get his hands close enough
        Loma is only 3 inches taller than Rigo, with a 2 inch shorter reach. Rigo has fought taller men than Loma and had no trouble hitting them.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Loma is only 3 inches taller than Rigo, with a 2 inch shorter reach. Rigo has fought taller men than Loma and had no trouble hitting them.
          I see you have a problem receiving information.

You said this "Rigo has fought taller men than Loma and had no trouble hitting them"

If you read my comment, I said that every small guy is not going to be the "smaller quicker man" Every fighter isnt the same. Some stylistic match ups with have a small quick guy beating up a big slow robot fighter. But you may have a tall fast guy, beating down a small slow fighter.

Whatever bigger guys Rigo faced, were big, and slow. I dont think Loma was quicker than Rigo. I think they are about equal. But with that size difference, as the saying goes "A great big man will beat a great little man"

Like Pac Margarita. Pac was the smaller quicker guy while Margarita was the bigger slower man. But like Ray vs Duran, Ray was the taller faster guy, while Duran was flatfooted, slow, little man.

So every small guy is not flatout faster than the big people they face. Every specific fighter is completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan;18328282[B
            ]I see you have a problem receiving information.[/B]

You said this "Rigo has fought taller men than Loma and had no trouble hitting them"

If you read my comment, I said that every small guy is not going to be the "smaller quicker man" Every fighter isnt the same. Some stylistic match ups with have a small quick guy beating up a big slow robot fighter. But you may have a tall fast guy, beating down a small slow fighter.

Whatever bigger guys Rigo faced, were big, and slow. I dont think Loma was quicker than Rigo. I think they are about equal. But with that size difference, as the saying goes "A great big man will beat a great little man"

Like Pac Margarita. Pac was the smaller quicker guy while Margarita was the bigger slower man. But like Ray vs Duran, Ray was the taller faster guy, while Duran was flatfooted, slow, little man.

So every small guy is not flatout faster than the big people they face. Every specific fighter is completely different.
            You seem to have a problem processing information. Read your posts. You have switched from "Rigo couldn't hit Loma because Loma was too tall" to "Rigo couldn't hit Loma because Loma was too fast"

Rigo is 37. That's old for a bantamweight. Imo, Rigo's age, him being slightly slower than he used to be, was more of a factor than Loma's size.
            Last edited by kafkod; 12-12-2017, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X