This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Demise View Post
    Most American's I speak to seem to think that they're a world class team. A few of them predicting USA to go far in the World Cup, like semi-final far. As well as comparing Donovan to World class strikers.

Then they seem to think that America will become a superpower, hanging with the likes of Spain, Brazil, Italy etc..
    You must not speak to many american football fans, true american football fans, because even the most hardcore fundamentalist fans I know and speak to would never go so far as to say we belong any where near Brazil, certainly not now and for many years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monk View Post
      I am happy for you yanks. The refs have been right ****s to you in the previous 2 matches with those bull**** red cards.

Italy got exposed today as one of the most overrated teams ever, England would tear those ageing ****ers apart.
      The way Capello has you guys playing I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't handle yourselves against Spain come next year. I don't know if you could beat them but it would certainly be a close match.

Comment

• Originally posted by floydjoy View Post
        essien plays for ghana so why not
        Don't forget Muntari too!

Comment

• Originally posted by USA4LIFE View Post
          Australia have 7 goals in 6 qualifying matches against Qatar, Iraq and China, no, they wouldn't put 3 against US
          LOL I was joking

Originally posted by Demise View Post
          I reckon Ghana would give USA a good game, possibly beat them.

Didn't Ghana play the states in the last world cup?? Ghana won i think

Comment

I'm telling some of my friends to watch for these African teams next year, they shouldn't be taken lightly.

Comment

Don't forget the back 4.... who probably wouldn't make it into my pub team.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Drogba View Post
                LOL I was joking

Didn't Ghana play the states in the last world cup?? Ghana won i think
                Yeah they beat us, kicked our ass to be quite frank. I felt we got shafted on a penalty Ghana got but we didn't deserve to win that game, Ghana outplayed us the entire game if I remember correctly.

Comment

• I am a fan of the Ivory Coast. Toure brothers and Didier Drogba for the win!

Comment

The way Capello has you guys playing I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't handle yourselves against Spain come next year. I don't know if you could beat them but it would certainly be a close match.
                    we'll bottle it as usual. Capello has done a great job, but the players are nowhere near the technical brilliance of Spain. Plus we'll keep playing Beckham, eventhough he'll be on a mobility scooter soon.

Comment

I'm telling some of my friends to watch for these African teams next year, they shouldn't be taken lightly.
                      Cameroon are absolute beasts.

Samuel Eto'o
                      Sebastien Bassong
                      Rigobert Song
                      Geremi
                      Alexandre Song
                      Eric Djemba-Djemba
                      Stéphane Mbia

I could go on...

Comment

Working...
                      X