Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who say money doesn’t make you happy, simply have none (Scientically proven)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am broke and happy. i am the exception to the study.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      I have a few friends who live as expats in Chiang Mai, Taiwan, etc. I'm able to move around the West Coast, but being remote enough to spend time overseas is a goal.

It seem's like a socially therapeutic experience as well. They come back from a year over there and have no idea about the latest staged "uprisings" going on in the US. I watch their mood gradually darken being back over here.
      Go for it! It's super cheap there particularly food. 6k living expenses is more than enough for the year, even in bankok which is expensive. I don't think i'll remember anything from my job on my deathbed so i don't tend to stress too much about it.

Comment

I have a few friends who live as expats in Chiang Mai, Taiwan, etc. I'm able to move around the West Coast, but being remote enough to spend time overseas is a goal.

It seem's like a socially therapeutic experience as well. They come back from a year over there and have no idea about the latest staged "uprisings" going on in the US. I watch their mood gradually darken being back over here.
        Yeah man. Find your safespace.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Yeah man. Find your safespace.
          you get to spend your whole life in one, I can't enjoy it for 6 months?

Comment

Nah, the key to happiness is making more money then you can spend while doing very little work.

Become an inventor, make one prototype, live off the licensing revenue. Shazam, no more problems. You have all the time in the world, answer to no one, and never think about money. Plus it's impressive to skirts. The **** else you need?

Otherwise you get a job working for some other man and even though he pays you, sometimes well, he still takes all your time so that he can sit on ass and enjoy life.

Starting your own company helps to break away a little but if you're not starting an industry or making a product that revolutionizes one then all you're doing is picking up the scraps the big businesses leave behind. It'll be difficult to manage and time consuming just like having a job.

If you make something and no one can tell you its worth or compete with you in any market because you alone know how to make that product; that's the keys to freedom in the modern world. It'll set you up like a rich person that owns a precious gem mine. Now other people do your hard work while you sit on ass and enjoy life.

Comment

you get to spend your whole life in one, I can't enjoy it for 6 months?
              What and where is my safespace?

Well, if you are mentally fragile and need one, do yah thing.

Comment

This is an interesting topic that I'm passionate about.

Its all perspective.

I had a crazy experience. I used to live in the southeast and during that time I was doing pretty good for myself. Had a Cadillac, a good job, a good woman in my life, and I would always put gas at the same gas station. This particular gas station was right next to a jack in the box where a homeless couple would always be sitting out on the grass of.

It was my routine to fill up my caddy and then I'd go to Jack and buy those 2 tacos for a dollar, I'd buy like 8 tacos which was 4 bucks and change, and I'd give it to the homeless couple.

But one day that I wasn't feeling so good, feeling kind of down, I decided instead of just giving them the tacos and driving off like I normally would, I actually parked my caddy and got off and ate with them.

When I went to eat with them, I expected them to be just as down as me, I expected them to be telling me sob stories and you know, talking shít about life or maybe even just random druggie rambles... but no

This homeless couple instead were genuinely happy people. I couldn't believe it.

They told me many stories of their troubles, how there is a full on homeless city/society in the woods/forests, and how they sometimes sleep in those clothing donation bins outside of stores, and how they've hopped on trains like vagabonds.

The craziest thing they told me "Even if we actually had a choice, to NOT be homeless and live like everyone else, be "civilized" and have money and luxuries we wouldn't do it, we like this lifestyle".

I was hella confused by this point. In my head I'm like yall bullshíttin, but they really were happy.

They said they see "civilized" people every day drive by in their cars, mess around on their phones, they said they look like zombies. Like robots. "even tho we are homeless we feel more alive then those with so much more".

And it was true. Here I am feeling down and in the dumps and I have everything and then some compared to them, and these homeless were genuinely happy and full of life.

Happiness is all about perspective.

Look at all the millionaire celebrities who have committed suicide, no way does money buy happiness.

I am a testament to that. I had decent money and luxuries, sure it made me happy in the beginning, but its a temporary happiness that doesn't last very long.

You can only buy so much shít until you realize that its not thr answer.
                Last edited by EdWins; 01-20-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  i am broke and happy. i am the exception to the study.
                  And you will stay broke if you dont broaden your horizon. You have to keep an open mind and be willing to learn because we always have something new to process. You have to know how to recognize, apply and execute. Be formless like water.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                    This is an interesting topic that I'm passionate about.

Its all perspective.

I had a crazy experience. I used to live in the southeast and during that time I was doing pretty good for myself. Had a Cadillac, a good job, a good woman in my life, and I would always put gas at the same gas station. This particular gas station was right next to a jack in the box where a homeless couple would always be sitting out on the grass of.

It was my routine to fill up my caddy and then I'd go to Jack and buy those 2 tacos for a dollar, I'd buy like 8 tacos which was 4 bucks and change, and I'd give it to the homeless couple.

But one day that I wasn't feeling so good, feeling kind of down, I decided instead of just giving them the tacos and driving off like I normally would, I actually parked my caddy and got off and ate with them.

When I went to eat with them, I expected them to be just as down as me, I expected them to be telling me sob stories and you know, talking shít about life or maybe even just random druggie rambles... but no

This homeless couple instead were genuinely happy people. I couldn't believe it.

They told me many stories of their troubles, how there is a full on homeless city/society in the woods/forests, and how they sometimes sleep in those clothing donation bins outside of stores, and how they've hopped on trains like vagabonds.

The craziest thing they told me "Even if we actually had a choice, to NOT be homeless and live like everyone else, be "civilized" and have money and luxuries we wouldn't do it, we like this lifestyle".

I was hella confused by this point. In my head I'm like yall bullshíttin, but they really were happy.

They said they see "civilized" people every day drive by in their cars, mess around on their phones, they said they look like zombies. Like robots. "even tho we are homeless we feel more alive then those with so much more".

And it was true. Here I am feeling down and in the dumps and I have everything and then some compared to them, and these homeless were genuinely happy and full of life.

Happiness is all about perspective.

Look at all the millionaire celebrities who have committed suicide, no way does money buy happiness.

I am a testament to that. I had decent money and luxuries, sure it made me happy in the beginning, but its a temporary happiness that doesn't last very long.

You can only buy so much shít until you realize that its not thr answer.
                    If you go to Africa/Asia you'll see just how much these "poor people" enjoy life. It blew my mind to compare them to my friends who were balling but just complain about office politics, their wives/gfs, the weather, how much money they were making (even though it was a lot) all day.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
                      If you go to Africa/Asia you'll see just how much these "poor people" enjoy life. It blew my mind to compare them to my friends who were balling but just complain about office politics, their wives/gfs, the weather, how much money they were making (even though it was a lot) all day.
                      yeah man exactly.

When I was a kid, and my mom cooked something I didn't like, she would tell me the cliche speech that a lot of parents give to their kids in these situations, you know, "there are starving kids in africa who would love to eat this food" stuff like that.

It kinda went in one ear out the other, but when you actually talk to somebody who is truly less fortunate its eye opening.

Sometimes to this day when I'm feeling down and depressed or acting like a poozy over something petty, I always think back to that homeless couple, and their words of wisdom, "Even though we are homeless I think we are more alive then all the so called 'civilized people'". I'll never forget that

Comment

Working...
                      X