Male Abuse vs Female Abuse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veneficus View Post
    Imo this is false.

For instance, if a short, skinny man picks a fight with a much larger, stronger man and he gets whooped, it's considered "his own fault" he was "asking for it" and "got what he deserved" if a woman does the same even to a man her same size and she gets whooped, all hell breaks loose.
    Wow, I wasn't expecting you to respond with a whine about how unfair it all is that you're not allowed to beat up girls any more.

It has absolutely nothing to do with size difference, it's purely a matter of females being treated better than men partly because men want to have sex with women and partly because of how society conditions/brainwashes men into believing women are delicate little flowers you can't touch no matter what they do, which to be fair, I don't mind, teaching men not to resort to violence is a good thing but why is it only towards women why is it less of an issue when men are violent towards men even with huge size disparity?
    This is the post of somebody who used to get beaten up by the girls.

For anybody who isn't a pussy-whipped brat who cries about how they are being mistreated but still lacks reading comprehension, the reason why man hitting women is frowned upon by society is because on average the potential for damage is far greater when men assault women. On average. Just because some women are built like Ann Wolfe and some men are built like... well, built like Veneficus apparently, doesn't mean that men and women on average are of equivalent size, strength and aggression. We are a sexually dimorphic species, and as a result the damage inflicted on women by men is on average far greater than vice versa and this informs the cultural taboo of hitting women.

Legally there is no difference between female and male offenders in domestic violence cases, but usually injuries are more serious when the victim is female and males are much more reticent to report it.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      they should do one where the girl nags at him and while everyone laughs, he throws a left hook to the liver
      Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Wow, I wasn't expecting you to respond with a whine about how unfair it all is that you're not allowed to beat up girls any more.
        And yet nowhere in my post did I say that or was it my point, ad-hominems really are your specialty, addressing the arguments presented to you? Not so much. You sound like a textbook feminist by the way, it's laughable.

This is the post of somebody who used to get beaten up by the girls.
        Is it? What makes you say that and are you telling me I should be ashamed if it's true?

the reason why man hitting women is frowned upon by society is because on average the potential for damage is far greater when men assault women. On average. Just because some women are built like Ann Wolfe and some men are built like... well, built like Veneficus apparently, doesn't mean that men and women on average are of equivalent size, strength and aggression. We are a sexually dimorphic species, and as a result the damage inflicted on women by men is on average far greater than vice versa and this informs the cultural taboo of hitting women.
        I've already explained why that's wrong, you haven't addressed my points as to why they're wrong, simply ignored them and then said "DATS AN OUTLIER DOE U SISSY MORON".

The reason why men hitting women is frowned upon by society is because (as I said) 1) Men want to have sex with women and 2) Boys are conditioned from the second they reach playschool that hitting girls is bad and not acceptable behaviour under any circumstances, to do so makes you the worst thing in the world and less than a man.

As I said, I actually wouldn't have any issue with number 2 if the same thing was said in regards to all violence between humans, why only teach boys that hitting girls is wrong, why put that on a pedestal and claim it's more abhorrent than any other form of violence? Even parents who beat their kids are held in higher regard than a woman beater.

Legally there is no difference between female and male offenders in domestic violence cases, but usually injuries are more serious when the victim is female and males are much more reticent to report it.
        Except when women use weapons, which, statistically, they're far more likely to do than a man. In that case the potential for damage is actually far greater when a weapon is involved.

EDIT: Talking legally for a second here as well, legally women are far less likely to be charged with a crime in regards to domestic violence compared to a man and if they do get charged their sentences are also likely to be far more lenient.
        Last edited by Veneficus; 05-28-2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Veneficus View Post
          And yet nowhere in my post did I say that or was it my point, ad-hominems really are your specialty, addressing the arguments presented to you? Not so much. You sound like a textbook feminist by the way, it's laughable.
          Which text book?

I've already explained why that's wrong, you haven't addressed my points as to why they're wrong, simply ignored them and then said "DATS AN OUTLIER DOE U SISSY MORON".
          Averages inform social taboos. Pointing out statistical outliers does not invalidate the average.

The reason why men hitting women is frowned upon by society is because (as I said) 1) Men want to have sex with women and 2) Boys are conditioned from the second they reach playschool that hitting girls is bad and not acceptable behaviour under any circumstances, to do so makes you the worst thing in the world and less than a man.

As I said, I actually wouldn't have any issue with number 2 if the same thing was said in regards to all violence between humans, why only teach boys that hitting girls is wrong, why put that on a pedestal and claim it's more abhorrent than any other form of violence? Even parents who beat their kids are held in higher regard than a woman beater.
          Your contention is that playschools do not discourage all forms of violence?

Except when women use weapons, which, statistically, they're far more likely to do than a man. In that case the potential for damage is actually far greater when a weapon is involved.
          You don't understand statistics. Women inflict damage on men less than men inflict damage on women. This is true even when you take into account the use of weapons.

EDIT: Talking legally for a second here as well, legally women are far less likely to be charged with a crime in regards to domestic violence compared to a man and if they do get charged their sentences are also likely to be far more lenient.
          [citation needed]

Comment

Which text book?
            http://www.amazon.com/Feminist-Theor...TF8&node=11332

Take your pick lad.

Averages inform social taboos. Pointing out statistical outliers does not invalidate the average.
            You're saying statistical averages to do with the damage men inflict on women vs the damage women inflict on men is the reason why men committing violence against women is such a taboo? lololol

I'll say it again so you understand and I'll even add a few details this time

Violence against women is a social taboo because

1) Men want the approval of women and women don't like getting hit. It's a mating strategy.

2) It's also because young boys are taught the moment they reach playschool that violence against girls is the worst thing imaginable in the whole world and girls are taught that they can hit boys but boys can't hit them back because and here's the privilege part: they're female.

Your contention is that playschools do not discourage all forms of violence?
            Once again you're trying to misconstrue what I say in order to try and undermine me. It's the fact they teach boys that violence against girls is the worst form of violence possible, it's worse than any other form of violence. That's my contention, why not teach all children that violence against each other is equally as bad?

You don't understand statistics. Women inflict damage on men less than men inflict damage on women. This is true even when you take into account the use of weapons.
            I'd like to see your citation for this, how do you even measure "damage" accurately and does it account for the huge amount of men who are abused but don't speak out about it because they're ashamed? (The same way you tried to make me feel ashamed by accusing me of being beaten up by females)

[citation needed]
            Here's one of many all indicating the same thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1874742.html

Comment

Working...
            X