Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Want 'Some Time' Thurman - He Keeps Making Excuses!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
    Run Time knows he don't have what it takes to mess with Spence.

Spence will walk him down, make Run Time fight at a pace he can't handle, and rough him up. Easy fight for Spence.
    Yea i see Errol slowing him down with those body shots that he gets so much leverage on and possibly tko. Spence will use lots of lateral movement and stand ground when needed and box.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
      This fight will probably happen early in 2019. Just have some patience.

I a meantime Spence should fight Porter or. Garcia.
      Yea takes 2 to want that fight. They dont want it

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
        Spence is a little overrated. Guy has 2 good wins and now is he a future HOF?

Who knows what will his record look like when he faces many good opponents. Khan and Matthysse have some loses, but they have faced much better opposition.
        He also beat Floyd in sparring...

Comment

I think Spence really feels the need for Thurman to talk more smack about the eventual showdown to feel more validation, more so than an actual fight date. Spence is being tormented by the silence....as you can tell by the frustration!! Upper hand?? Thurman!!...The initial "burst the bubble" talk against Spence kinda hit a nerve! But the truth is, Athletes get injured! Thurmans gotta test that shoulder first and he can't mension that fact because it'll come across like an excuse. Mosleys "tooth" & "vacation" excuses went down in excuse history when Mayweather called him out years before they fought......Thurman aint going there.....I hope not...

Thurman WILL eventually come with the trash talk - its in his nature! ......he's dealt with wild a** Porter & fundamental tough come forward Garcia (although his punches are wide).....two fights that will help him big time against a rangier but pretty much fundamental Spence. Yea, Thurman has to deal with his hard shots (which isn't one punch KO power) and good defensive posture, but Thurman aint no softee, and for sure Thurman's gonna lure him out of that tight cacoon and COUNTER to let him know he's in a fight!!

Peterson on the other hand, had no idea what he had gotten himself into......he STUNK up the place with that clueless performance!! Absolutely WACK!!

Comment

Spence has great power, great speed, can brawl and his body shots are vicious.. He's a complete fighter but I feel like Crawford and Thurman will give him problems.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
              Spence has great power, great speed, can brawl and his body shots are vicious.. He's a complete fighter but I feel like Crawford and Thurman will give him problems.
              Agreed! for me the fight at 147 is Thurman vs Crawford.....a fight I cant call just yet.....the Horn fight will help determine how Crawfords strength carries....

Comment

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
                Thurman needs to fight him. Props to Spence for calling him out, he's becoming one of my favorites and he needs to fight a top guy like Thurman because up till now he was looking great (beside getting outboxed by Brook in the first 6 rounds) but beside the dammaged good in Brook, he had no real opponent.

I got him Koing/Tkoing Thurman, who altrought looking improved against Garcia, don't have a lot to offer beside his speed/athleticism and a good punching power. I see him on his bike as long as the fight lasts, until he gets broken down by Errol. I had him losing to Porter 4-8 or 5-7 and Porter is always smothering his own punches. Errol brings at least as much pressure as Porter, but is bigger, punches much harder, has a great punching technique and has a higher ring IQ than Porter. Plus it seems to me like Thurman is not very tough and doesn't have a very good chin. I would have no problem at all if he proves me wrong because he seems as a great guy and I don't dislike him, but I would bet my house on Spence.
                Lol @ the first 6 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                X