No announcement yet.

Attention: 2020 pick em up and running. New players welcome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention: 2020 pick em up and running. New players welcome

Just a little call out to any players who are interested in joining in with the 2020 PICK EM that the first PICK EM thread is now up and that all forum users are invited to join in the game whether you've played before or not.

There's no entry requirements, no post count or reputation limitations and no obligations to play every week, including this one...

PRIZES - courtesy of the 'Scene are the same this year as in 2019.

$300 WINNER
    $150 2nd PLACE
    $50 3rd PLACE

...However. Success in the game is dependent just as much on consistency as on skill at predicting fights. It is possible to miss a few of the games and still finish the year in 1st place, in fact 2019 Winner Baltimore was especially impressive because he managed to win by a wide margin despite missing 3 of a possible 86 games, however each PICK EM you miss will leave you with a steeper hill to climb, so if you're in it to win it I'd strongly recommend getting in on the ground floor.

The PICK EM thread for the first 2 games of 202O can be found at the top of the NSB front page, along with the masterthread explaining in rather too much detail the rules and background of the game. A slimmed down explanation of how to play can also be found on the OP of each PICK EM thread.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=837533

Please contact me or post on either thread if you have any questions about the game, or hell, anything else for that matter... I can talk shyte for hours about almost anything. It's a talent.

Regards

K
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-10-2020, 04:21 PM.

The more, the merrier goddammit!

Comment

via GIPHY

Comment

via GIPHY

Comment

Little bump, definitely worth getting involved in!

I've even spent a little time further studying my picks for this week! (not that it will help me any )
          Last edited by Articulateboxin; 01-10-2020, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
            Little bump, definitely worth getting involved in!

I've even spent a little time further studying my picks for this week! (not that it will help me any )
            It's always a good idea and in fact part of the point of the game to get the players to look a little closer at the fighters and learn a bit more about them.

We don't do it so much for the better known fighters, but often as not I'll put up a few highlight vids or perhaps footage of a notable good and a notable bad performance from each fighter involved, maybe with a brief personal breakdown too.

I probably would have done it on PICK EM #1 and #2 but it was like 2am or something before I got the thread up and I just couldn't face any more typing.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-10-2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

via GIPHY

Comment

So what makes a particular fight worthy of a PICK EM?

The expression itself means 50/50 essentially if I'm not mistaken but at most there are like a handful of those type of fights a year, in main events anyway. Is it just any major fight/main event essentially? Even if it's a disgusting mismatch? I guess there are still the variables of how they win, and by how much or when, to keep it interesting.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X