Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence is a great fighter but I could see Thurman beating him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was One time last Knock out ? Couldn't even drop Danny or wobble him but ran in the last 4 rounds !! Spence walks through his shots then burys him , Man Down !!!

Comment

Sometimes isn't as confident as you clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        Sometimes isn't as confident as you clearly.
        He's recovering from injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          Thurman clearly beat Porter and Spence does not have Porter's Chin. Like I said 50/50 fight
          when did this happen? that fight was as close as any fight can get. nobody would've been mad at a draw.

Comment

I have a hard time seeing Thurman win. Thurman would have a punchers chance here, and maybe he could land some of those punches that Peterson landed. But Spence would be dictating the pace of this fight and forcing Thurman against the ropes. Spence is way more complete.

Comment

Ok, now I see you are clearly a hater. Thurman is much better than Peterson and he beat Garcia much better than Peterson did. Thurman would've stopped Peterson
              I'm actually a big fan of all three men but styles make fights. Peterson is a rough customer and goes to the body well. For someone to think Thurman automatically beats Peterson after his last few performances might be giving him too much.

I can't see Thurman stopping Peterson. I'm 95% sure he wouldn't.

Thurman like Peterson hasn't really proven to be exceptional, Spence has. Spence has shown a clear gap in class between him and Thurman, that's just what I see based on their performances.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                I'm actually a big fan of all three men but styles make fights. Peterson is a rough customer and goes to the body well. For someone to think Thurman automatically beats Peterson after his last few performances might be giving him too much.

I can't see Thurman stopping Peterson. I'm 95% sure he wouldn't.

Thurman like Peterson hasn't really proven to be exceptional, Spence has. Spence has shown a clear gap in class between him and Thurman, that's just what I see based on their performances.
                I disagree, Spence beat a weight drained Brook and Danny, Lucas, and Amor have all beaten Peterson. You guys overrate fighters too much. Thurmam clearly outboxed Danny and he 8-4 Porter. The bias on this board is getting ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                  I have a hard time seeing Thurman win. Thurman would have a punchers chance here, and maybe he could land some of those punches that Peterson landed. But Spence would be dictating the pace of this fight and forcing Thurman against the ropes. Spence is way more complete.
                  Outside of jab and cutting off the ring what does Spence do better?

Comment

I disagree, Spence beat a weight drained Brook and Danny, Lucas, and Amor have all beaten Peterson. You guys overrate fighters too much. Thurmam clearly outboxed Danny and he 8-4 Porter. The bias on this board is getting ridiculous
                    Officially he won a split decision over Garcia and close UD Porter (many thought he lost to Porter) while Spence has TKO'd 2 comparable opponents level wise in Peterson and Kell Brook (Brook beat Porter, Peterson lost via SD to Garica).

And look at their common opponent in Leonard Bundu, Spence finished Bundu in 6, Thurman went 12 uninspiring rounds.

But let's also look at the difference in power, Spence has kept his power as he stepped up in class, Thurman hasn't had a legit KO since 2014 over a chinny former lightweight in Julio Diaz.

I like Thurman but I can't see him as a legit threat to Spence.

Comment

Outside of jab and cutting off the ring what does Spence do better?

Goes to the body exceptionally well, understands distance, never losses his fundamentals even under pressure.

Comment

Working...
                      X