No announcement yet.

Crawford vs Postal is going to bomb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    If it was matthysse vs crawford it could sell. But they let the chincher clinch and now its gonna flop
    so true. clinching doens't just ruin one fight but many fights in the future. look at wlad's career. they just let him keep doing it and years and years went by and boxing essentially died.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
      What??? i was agreeing with you..it will bomb and will do between 97k-150k..thats a bomb right?
      GGG has taken over your brain dude....you need help lol
      And that answer depends on who you ask...idk what represents a bomb, I'm guessing this fight goes below those numbers though unfortunately..

Comment

Its not gonna sell **** 100K would be shocking im thinking more like 65K

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          And that answer depends on who you ask...idk what represents a bomb, I'm guessing this fight goes below those numbers though unfortunately..
          How can you say this fight will bomb then?

Comment

My money is on it doing around 50K, and Glaser coming out the nest week claiming it did 22K and everyone will believe him because he is the most trusted name in news.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              a bomb depends on how much moeny they spent on the fight. i doubt they paid these guys much similar to ggg-lemiuex. did that fight do well? no but to say it bombed is prob not accurate. on the other hand fights like floy-berto, floy-maidana, and floyd-guerrero all bombed even though they did many more buys than the ggg fight since they lost an insane amount of money. tens of millions of dollars in fact where the ggg fight got close to breaking even.

Comment

Problem is, no one knows who Postol is really. Most of the posters here know but we are talking a couple thousand people. Then you take another 100,000 (just an arbitrariry figure) that know him and that's his domestic fanbase essentially.

This card won't sell well because you have two guys headlining a PPV event who have never headlined a PPV before.

Comment

this is just my estimates but ward is making 2 million to fight brand and brand is prob making about 300k. crawford's career high is 1.2 mill so he's prob making a bit more. maybe 1.5 to 2 mill. postol just made 90k to fight matthysse so he prob fights for cheap. maybe 500k. So essentially the fights cost about the same. don't worry though because at least we get ward-kovalev on normal hbo oh wait is ppv too lol!

Comment

How the **** is this on PPV.Those 2 are unknown to the casuals. Thats crazy. I wont pay for it, thats for sure. I am excited abt the fight, but to pay for that is insane.

Comment

Fight won't happen unless it's PPV. Crawford wants truckloads of money. He got $1.2 million in the Lundy fight. Guess how much he wants in a Postol fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X