Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Fights Til Khan Is Credible For Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Fights Til Khan Is Credible For Floyd?

What does Khan have to do to be a credible opponent for Floyd in your eyes? Is he there now, would he need 2 or 3 more fights, would he need a couple more bigger names 1st, would he need 2 fights at WW 1st, or could he fihgt him in his 1st fight at WW? What would be acceptable to you to where you wouldnt criticize him for that fight

Judah
    Bradley
    Ortiz
    Maidana

He should fight atleast 3 of these guys before he is ready, I feel.

Ortiz obviously being at 147. He needs more experience as of right now.

Comment

It'd be best if he had at least one fight at welterweight first.

Comment

Beat Judah, Unify with Bradley then one fight at 147 should do it, By that time Mayweather would be or should be 36 with more inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Beat Judah, Unify with Bradley then one fight at 147 should do it, By that time Mayweather would be or should be 36 with more inactivity.
          This...........

Comment

floyd will duck that indian for sho........................

Comment

It's not about when Khan is ready for Floyd, it's about when the fight makes sense as an event.

If Khan takes up 3-4 more fights beforehand, Mayweather will be old before such a fight happens. I want to see a fight where both fighters are as close to their peak as possible. Khan's almost there, Mayweather is sliding past his. A lot can happen in two years.

At the present time, Khan is as ready as he will ever be. Maidana put a brutal beating on Khan for two whole rounds and he took a lot of shots to the head. Too many fights like that can shorten careers.

If Khan beats Judah, he look to fight Mayweather ASAP. A fight with Bradley in November/December would be ideal, but I don't think Bradley wants it. And aside from Pacquaio/Martinez/Bradley who else is in the running for a megafight? Only the Pacquaio fight is bigger than Khan.

Khan is ready now. He is a very good boxer now. I don't think he can get a lot better apart from maybe tightening his defense up a little, so why should he wait? A fight with Mayweather will be huge in the UK and US.

I want to see Pac-Mayweather first, but if that doesn't happen, Mayweather should definitely look at Khan if he manages to get past Ortiz.

Comment

The fight makes sense asap imo, at a catchweight if need be. It's never happening however, Mayweather will not fight Khan, too much speed, too much risk.

Comment

If Vic can fight May right now and everyone is fine with it then so can Khan imo..

Comment

Two, maybe three.

Comment

Working...
                    X