Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In hindsight after crying that Rigo was being "lowballed" was he in fact OVERPAID?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Career not legacy.
    posting what was posted. go correct that poster.

Comment

He did get low-balled, its arum's tactic to get out of a fight. I'm sure you would be mad if you fought Floyd & he only paid you ten thousand dollars.
      no, i would take the fight, beat floyd and then demand what i want moving foward!

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        Disagree. Love him or hate him, Rigo was a P4P fighter with a great win, an amazing amateur record and a record for getting ducked by other fighters. He wasn't a bum, and getting 500k-1m is fair, especially considering that Rigo was the one who took most risk by jumping 2 divisions.
        What was this great win? Donaire in 2013?

He didn't have to take a two weight division jump, he could have fought Loma at 126 and for more money, but he played himself. He's lucky he got this $400K, because now his stock has plummeted.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
          No, no I wouldn't. I would quit right away before he started lighting me up, and make away with the 10k.
          LOL...Would you ask for a rematch? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            no, i would take the fight, beat floyd and then demand what i want moving foward!
            If you could then more power to you.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              What was this great win? Donaire in 2013?

He didn't have to take a two weight division jump, he could have fought Loma at 126 and for more money, but he played himself. He's lucky he got this $400K, because now his stock has plummeted.
              Correct. Unless Rigo can resurrect his career and get another win or two like the Donaire one the decision to reject the Loma fight for more money at 126 when Loma was less experienced is going down as one of the worst in recent memory.

I believe all along he was smart enough to know his skill set and Loma's skill set and know it wasn't a fight he could win but had a reputation to uphold and wanted to run with the "I'm the most avoided man in Boxing" angle. He took the payday this time because nothing was available for him and after 2 rounds gave up trying to win and then after 6 gave up trying to survive.

Comment

LOL...Would you ask for a rematch? LOL
                Yeah, I would! Lol. And I would quit again and walk away with the cash again. Hahaha! Riggo did it too.
                Last edited by Pechorin; 12-21-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

How much do you think Rigo is worth in a Davis fight?
                  What say you TBE fanatics?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
                    Another pointless thread. There seems to be a huge obsession with fighters' purses, and fans acting like promoters. This is taking it to the next level of pointless idiocracy. In hindsight, what should this boxer's purse be? Lol great, great thread.
                    thats not the obsession....the obsession is with guys trying to vindicate themselves after being so wrong about what kovalev and golovkin were going to do with ward and canelo...now they are puffing their bird chests and jumping down peoples throats about rigos cause they associate all canelo and ward fans as rigo fans

Comment

Working...
                    X