No announcement yet.

Visiting Puerto Rico in June, asking for ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adrsan84 View Post
    Thanks for the advice to the one person who actually responded and has actually been there. To all the others just hating on PR, thanks for trolling. I'm sure everyone is happy you aren't visiting anyway.
    Visit El Yunque... Have fun!

Comment

My girl and I are visiting PR in June. We have an idea of the places we want to visit but I wanted to see if there were any boxing related suggestions. Any gyms, fight venues etc that might be cool to check out. Let me know, please! Any none boxing suggestions are also welcomed.
      The top places I tell people to visit are scattered throughout the island. There may be a bit of driving but it'll be worth it. I took my in-laws a few months ago and they loved it.

1. Castillo San Felipe del Morro (do this with 2, they're near each other)
      2. El Yunque Rain forrest (do this with 1, they're near each other)
      3. Las Cavernas de Camuy (do this with 4, they're near each other)
      4. Arecibo Observatory (do this with 3, they're near each other)
      5. Vieques Bioluminescent Bay

You may want to also check out some of the light houses. The western part of the island is where I grew up and I enjoy the beaches a lot more than in the San Juan metropolitan area which tend to be a little crowded. You may want to visit Rincon, which is a huge surfing town. You'll find great bars and restaurants there. Lots of english speaking people too.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
        The top places I tell people to visit are scattered throughout the island. There may be a bit of driving but it'll be worth it. I took my in-laws a few months ago and they loved it.

1. Castillo San Felipe del Morro (do this with 2, they're near each other)
        2. El Yunque Rain forrest (do this with 1, they're near each other)
        3. Las Cavernas de Camuy (do this with 4, they're near each other)
        4. Arecibo Observatory (do this with 3, they're near each other)
        5. Vieques Bioluminescent Bay

You may want to also check out some of the light houses. The western part of the island is where I grew up and I enjoy the beaches a lot more than in the San Juan metropolitan area which tend to be a little crowded. You may want to visit Rincon, which is a huge surfing town. You'll find great bars and restaurants there. Lots of english speaking people too.
        Thanks! After doing some research I had a few of those in mind. I'm glad I was on the right track. Hadn't heard of las cavernas but those look dope!

Comment

How long?

Day 1. El Viejo San Juan, Bacardi and Pinones
          Day 2. Go to Culebra in a Catamaran. The best thing to do. Dont go in the ferry. Spend the money for good stuff. You will have a blast.
          Day 3. Caves in Camuy, Arecibo Observatory, Lago Dos Bocas in Utuado, Cueva Ventana en Arecibo.
          Day 4. Go to Ponce and spend the day there, before 3 leave to El Faro (Lighthouse) in Cabo Rojo next to Playa Sucia

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
            How long?

Day 1. El Viejo San Juan, Bacardi and Pinones
            Day 2. Go to Culebra in a Catamaran. The best thing to do. Dont go in the ferry. Spend the money for good stuff. You will have a blast.
            Day 3. Caves in Camuy, Arecibo Observatory, Lago Dos Bocas in Utuado, Cueva Ventana en Arecibo.
            Day 4. Go to Ponce and spend the day there, before 3 leave to El Faro (Lighthouse) in Cabo Rojo next to Playa Sucia
            I'll be there for a week. Do you guys have any info on these;

http://www.groupon.com.pr/descuentos...ion-0-regular&

http://www.gustazos.com/deals/aventureopr8/bypass

thinking of buying one if they're good.

Comment

I'll be there for a week. Do you guys have any info on these;

http://www.groupon.com.pr/descuentos...ion-0-regular&

http://www.gustazos.com/deals/aventureopr8/bypass

thinking of buying one if they're good.
              Do yourself a favor and only stay in San Juan a couple of days actually get out in see what The island has to offer. Brings back memories of the lechon trucks on the side of the road in Coamo.

Comment

The Gustazo is legit. Great thing to do. Also, the zip lines in Toro Verde

http://www.toroverdepr.com/en/

Greatest **** you can do.

But like I told you before. I live here and I do all that because is so awesome. And be prepare to gain weight. You are going to eat lots of fried food.

Comment

Take or purchase bottled water. The water there is brackish by mainland USA standards. That having been said, I would suggest a visit to the extensive underground cave systems,

The Parque Nacional de las Cavernas del Río Camuy (English: Camuy River Cave Park) is a cave system in Puerto Rico. It is located between the municipalities of Camuy, Hatillo and Lares in northwestern Puerto Rico, but the main entrance to the park is located in Quebrada, Camuy.[1][2] The caverns are part of a large network of natural limestone caves and underground waterways carved out by the third-largest underground river in the world, the Río Camuy (Camuy River).[5][6]

The cave system was discovered in 1958 and was first documented in the 1973 book Discovery At The Río Camuy (ISBN 0-517-50594-0) by Russell and Jeanne Gurnee, but there is archaeological evidence that these caves were explored hundreds of years ago by the Taíno Indians, Puerto Rico's first inhabitants.[7][8]

Over 10 miles of caverns, 220 caves and 17 entrances[9] to the Camuy cave system have been mapped so far. This, however, is only a fraction of the entire system which many experts believe still holds another 800 caves. Only a small part of the complex is open to the public. The 268-acre park built around the cave system features tours of some of the caves and sinkholes, and is one of the most popular natural attractions in Puerto Rico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque...R%C3%ADo_Camuy

The Radio Telescope in Arecibo,
                  The observatory's 1,000-foot (305-meter) radio telescope was the largest single-aperture telescope from its completion in 1963 until July 2016 when the Five hundred meter Aperture Spherical Telescope (FAST) in China was completed. It is used in three major areas of research: radio astronomy, atmospheric science, and radar astronomy. Scientists who want to use the observatory submit proposals that are evaluated by an independent scientific board.

The observatory has appeared in film, gaming and television productions, gaining more recognition in 1999 when it began to collect data for the SETI@home project. It has been listed on the American National Register of Historic Places starting in 2008.[2][6] It was the featured listing in the National Park Service's weekly list of October 3, 2008.[7] The center was named an IEEE Milestone in 2001.[8] It has a visitor center that is open part-time.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arecibo_Observatory
                  The bioluminescent Bay at Vieques
                  Puerto Mosquito (Mosquito Bay) is located on the southern shore of the island of Vieques. This magical bioluminescent bay (bio bay) has been officially declared the brightest recorded in the world by Guinness Book of World Records 2008
                  https://vieques.com/island-bioluminescent-bay/
                  Last edited by Radrook; 09-22-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X