No announcement yet.

I believe it's time for Golovkin to move up to a 168 lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
    What's crazy is that so many people are crying that GGG got robbed, but then at the same time they're making lots of excuses for him. It's like if he really won why make so many excuses? I get that he's super popular and everything but the fight was close because Canelo's the best guy he's ever fought. Just like him struggling with Jacobs. Who was easily the best guy he had fought at that point.

He struggled against those guys because they were significantly better than all the half-dead-bodies he fought before them. Simple as that. Common sense really.
    I get what you are saying. Even though, I had GGG winning the fight 7-3-2 or (117-113) on my unofficial scorecard, yet I still did not see a dominating performance from him. I believe he has declined and has lost a step. For example, his timing appeared to be a bit off as well as his power and hand to eye coordination.

His performance was less than stellar. It had more to do with what Canelo wasn't doing and that was to stand and trade in order to take the title away from the champion; Instead of fighting in spurts, by landing the occasional clean, eye catching and flashy combination punches every 30 seconds of a round, while retreating and circling out of harm's way without throwing anymore punches for the remaining minutes of each round.

GGG won this fight in my opinion, because he was the more active and busier of the two fighters and not because of his accuracy or punching power.

Comment

Working...
    X