Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 07-28-2017, 10:23 AM #11
Contender

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
suzuky23 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,780.38

Your argument is as bogus as you are , Cotto still by far the most popular Boxer in the Island ... since tito left .... Selling 350,000 + ppv's ... let's see how much will you sell ... waiting .......
suzuky23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-28-2017, 10:27 AM #12
Strong champion.

Quoted: 5504 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,561,135,211,747,556,352.00
Total Points: 150,015,661,141,214,462,214,144.00
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNulty View Post
He isn't a star though. I know a lot of Puerto Ricans and they don't recognize Cotto. Those that do recognize him just do it out of desperation in lack of stars.

not going to speak on crossing over to casual fans, but cotto was 100% a star in boxing. he made an 8 million dollar guarantee against floyd mayweather. that's just one fight.

was on two cards with overa million ppv buys. headlined other ppvs, selling close to half a million against mosley, for example, whcih is super successful for anobyd not named floyd or manny.
New England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:27 AM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 510 Post(s)
sugar ray lenrd has a reputation beyond reputesugar ray lenrd has a reputation beyond reputesugar ray lenrd has a reputation beyond reputesugar ray lenrd has a reputation beyond reputesugar ray lenrd has a reputation beyond reputesugar ray lenrd has a reputation beyond reputesugar ray lenrd has a reputation beyond reputesugar ray lenrd has a reputation beyond reputesugar ray lenrd has a reputation beyond reputesugar ray lenrd has a reputation beyond reputesugar ray lenrd has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 75,302.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
Has no charisma with a personality of a wood. He doesnt hold victories over great opponents, got sht pushed in by margo during his prime.

Tito before him had all the ingredients to be a PR superstar in boxing. He was a fearless puncher and had that charisma.

How did Arum turn kneeguel into a star?

Kneeguel is short, ugly, has t-rex arms like a chump and has like zero personality.

Punk is ungrateful to arum.
I kinda like fighters that are quiet stoic & cold. How could you say he has no victories over good fighters?
He beat;
-Zab, by ko (1 year after Floyd)
-Mosley (3 years before Floyd),
Malignaggi was the first to Beat him in 2006 (before Hatton (2008),Khan (2010), Porter (2014) & Danny Garcia (2015),
-Clootey (was a close fight due to Clottey head bunt that cause a nasty cut in his eyes early in the fight) which made him have to box & retreat. I'v seen other fighters quit with a gash like the one he had.
-by ko Mayorga
-by koMargarito
-by ko Sergio (no one wanted to fight Sergio bum knees & all)

Lost to:
-Mayweather by dec (no shame in that)
-Margarito lost by ko (great fight, eventually Margocheato was exposed cheating & so what he took a knee, look at what happen to Pritchard Colon.)
-Pacquia by ko
-Austin Trout by dec
-Canelo by dec (no shame in that)

So you say Cotto is ugly? ok then which fighter do you think is CUTE? LMFAO!!!
Arum is a good promoter, but I really think he has at times mismanaged Manny's career. Having him Marquez for a fourth time was a dumb idea. Having him fight horn another bad idea, having him fight Bradley for a third time was ridiculous. ungrateful to Arum? GTFOH!!!

Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 07-28-2017 at 10:35 AM.
sugar ray lenrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:38 AM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5610 Post(s)
bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,000,339,452.90
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 

Cotto being as popular as he was has more to do with the fact that he was the best Puerto Rican fighter at the time which means something. They make up a huge demographic in boxing and they carry a lot of weight especially on the east coast and new york. He was a stud amateur and very popular before he turned pro. He was going to have Puerto Rico on his back if he signed with any other major promoter. He's been successful and done huge numbers without Top Rank promoting his fights. His success as a draw is because of his people's passion, loyalty and pride. He's from the island, he was a great fighter, there was no other great fighter at the time so they supported him. It ain't rocket science.
bigdunny1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:41 AM #15
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 3534 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 135,682,626,220,173,770,752.00
Total Points: 100,135,682,626,220,172,771,328.00
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
Noob alert, amirite?
He probably didn't know. We have a lot of boxing fans who are recently fans, most GGG fans started watching him from september 2012 when he fought Proksa (?)
Ray* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:48 AM #16
Boxing

Quoted: 15906 Post(s)
Robbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 80,544,172,388,246,557,294,592.00
Total Points: 80,544,172,388,246,557,294,592.00
Good poster - Have a drink - arraamis Keep owning these trolls! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
He only joint Arum when he fought Pacquiao, before that he was with GBP. But I agree, don't know why he's so popular for such a not-so-great fighter and personality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
He probably didn't know. We have a lot of boxing fans who are recently fans, most GGG fans started watching him from september 2012 when he fought Proksa (?)
He's getting confused with Mosley I think, who had to drop GBP for a Pacquiao fight.
Robbie Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:51 AM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
bluebeam has a reputation beyond reputebluebeam has a reputation beyond reputebluebeam has a reputation beyond reputebluebeam has a reputation beyond reputebluebeam has a reputation beyond reputebluebeam has a reputation beyond reputebluebeam has a reputation beyond reputebluebeam has a reputation beyond reputebluebeam has a reputation beyond reputebluebeam has a reputation beyond reputebluebeam has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 82,258.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post

that's his first tv date. anybody who says they were watching live golovkin fights before the proska fight is a liar.

YouTube? yes.
live? no
bluebeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:53 AM #18
Cotto Soldier

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Da Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Boxer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,847,741,206,338,867,560,448.00
Total Points: 1,847,741,206,338,867,560,448.00
For the Ownage in the Cotto fans were rude thread - setting the record straight son! - The Surgeon For a fellow Cotto fan - jazluvr War Cotto! - valero ATG poster - sugarsmosley WAR COTTO! - jazluvr 
Para Celebrar Primo.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES thanks for sharing #GuerraCotto - -jose- WaR Cotto - CASA DE COMBATE cheers brah - Mike D Good poster - mrdogtown1975 
For takin the L like a man - BrometheusBob 

Another hater thread. Glad to see most of true fans staying true to facts.

War Cotto will be a FBHOF, haters will always hate.
Da Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:53 AM #19
The Best And Fastest Ride

Quoted: 540 Post(s)
-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 54,175,680,404,554,227,712.00
Total Points: 54,175,680,404,580,040,704.00
Thanks - Dorian Awesome man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Pacman deserves more! :p lol - Dorian Happy 18th Birthday! - ЯiZO Props on the sig homie! Gracias! - Puas 
Juan Manuel Lopez sig! - DWiens421 My Superman! Thanxs - L.E.X Immediate payment of ONE MILLIONK.... Winky looked good all things considered, Im still a fan of his... good fight. - reedickyaluss have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead Swine Flu? - DWiens421 
For Those Points You Gave Me Lad! Yadadamean? P.s. PBF is Going to KTFO JMM! - Flawlezz Zombie Jesus told me to give you this gift... LMAO - ABOSWORTH Your incredible with the sigs man. i don't know how u do it. - Truth You're The Best! - ProfessionalLoc 40 Oz &amp;amp; Chronic - Loccy 
Professional Pie - Loccy Professional Lollipop - Loccy To The ATG P4P Sig Maker On Boxing Scene...Much Appreciated And Thank You :) - BritishBoxing92 Happy new year! - Toney Loc Cheers homie - Mike D 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 

sometimes showing up is all you need to do...cotto filled the power vacuum left by tito, PR's are territorialistic and root for their fighters, he was adequately skilled/exciting in the ring, he was the right size(bigger than an 11 year old)...people where willing to forgive his azzholery but still you can tell he never connected like tito.

Last edited by -Hyperion-; 07-28-2017 at 11:00 AM.
-Hyperion- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:54 AM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Rikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,125,763.62
that Tito sig is hot - torosboxing75 

Pr only has a handful of good fighters at a time in the pro ranks. When Cottos performs, win or lose it is always exciting and he always gives a good account of himself. So to general boxing fans its a positive. He has a good resume and no other rican during his prime was making as much noise as he was, except for maybe Juanma, maybe Quintana(williams upset) ivan calderon wasnt really hyped up. He has a huge following as well, that always helps with status. I love watching Cotto fight and maybe not the greatest fighter but I do consider him a top level fighter. Yes Im Puerto Rican but I am a very neutral boxing fan. I just love the sport.

Last edited by Rikanlynx86; 07-28-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Rikanlynx86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
arum, cotto, miguel, superstar?

User Tag List