No announcement yet.

If Bruce Lee was a boxer.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Bruce Lee was a boxer.....

Considered by many to be the greatest fighter of Alltime. If he took up boxing how would he have done? He would have been in Welterweight class I believe.

Could he beat a Floyd mayweather?

He had immense power. Knockout power.

I'm not one of those guys who think that Bruce Lee was a "fraud" but there's virtually no footage of him actually fighting a resisting opponent, which is the case for a lot of martial artists. So I question how good he really was. As far as I know, he's never had any amateur or professional boxing matches so it's impossible to say how he'd do.

Comment

When he fought Wong Man Jack iirc he got a bad back injury. Of course, no one ever saw the fight that seems to give the same account.

It's 100% ludicrous to assume Lee would've been able to do anything against the best fight of this last decade, and maybe of all time. Especially in a sport he was not solely dedicated to

Comment

We will never know but I bet if any grea t boxer met bruc e and saw him i bet they would sing lees praises and claim he'd do very well.
        I can't envisage any boxer meeting Lee and not thinking he had talent to do well
        Last edited by hugh grant; 05-24-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I think he would be a counterpuncher style boxer with a devastating power in his hands. Nobody would want to fight him.

Comment

He boxed in a couple tournaments in Hong Kong at 17-18 and apparently won both tournaments beating one of the top Amateurs at the time. Bruce overall was a big Boxing head and studied a lot of Ali and Jersey Joe Walcott films. He went on record saying Boxing was the best hand to hand combat sport at the time being fighters actually sparred which he said was the only true way to prepare yourself for actual combat. Martial Arts tournaments in the States during that time didn't consist of fighters actually hitting you more than judges predicting whether or not a shot would've landed. He termed it "Dry land Swimming".

Comment

why does this subject always gets brought up?

there is no correct answer for this because bruce aint around to prove it.

we dont know if he'll be successful in boxing or not.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                We will never know but I bet if any grea t boxer met bruc e and saw him i bet they would sing lees praises and claim he'd do very well.
                I can't envisage any boxer meeting Lee and not thinking he had talent to do well
                um, floyd mayweather ring a bell???

Comment

Actually Bruce Lee was 5’5 130 pounds and yes he would beat Floyd unless Floyd waited for him to become shop worn or a has been like he did with most big name fighters

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X