No announcement yet.

Oklahoma Pharmacist Who Killed Armed Robber Gets Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
    The kid had it coming, and still may have posed a threat for all we know.

This isn't justice.

he clearly wasn't posing a threat at the time
    the guy walked past him casually with a gun
    reloaded it
    and walked back to kill him

the robber would have shot him or ran if he could. he would have saved his life if he could have
    he clearly expressed the willingness to kill bringing a gun into the store

the man was clearly of no treat as far as the people in the jury are concerned i'm sure
    or the people prosecuting aren't doing a good job

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
      that's bs

If a 10 year old girl pulls a gun on me, i'm shooting her in the face
      I'd advise against that if there were no witnesses.

Plus you can more than likely talk a little girl into dropping the gun. I mean if that guy got life for killing the crook.........................

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Life seems really, really weak. Did he obviously cross a line by returning and shooting him more? Of course, but given the traumatic experience and adrenalin, it's hard to say he was in complete control of his faculties and to give him life in prison is sketchy as ****.

I imagine the DA offered him a plea down to a much more minor charge, but he chose to fight it in court and this was the end result. Pretty ****ty situation given it started because 2 pieces of **** decided to try to hold him up.

Comment

Guess it has alot to do with aggrivated robbery and or self defense. I mean a jewler in my hometown was robbed by two guys............one shot him in the neck. He chased them out of the store and gunned both down.

He didn't see a day of court if I recall correctly.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
            Guess it has alot to do with aggrivated robbery and or self defense. I mean a jewler in my hometown was robbed by two guys............one shot him in the neck. He chased them out of the store and gunned both down.

He didn't see a day of court if I recall correctly.

curiously, which state are you in?

Comment

this should be a manslaughter case.

if any situation isn't premeditated its that because of the heat of the moment. i almost can't think straight after a regular old fistfight...but a close range gunfight when someone was trying to rip off my livelihood...

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                http://www.opposingviews.com/i/oklahoma-pharmacist-who-killed-armed-robber-gets-life
                Damn, that was some executuion ****. AFter the first shot he should've stopped when the robber went down, and the other flet. Then ran and called the police.

Then again.. Who acts PC in a life and death situation like this...

Comment

man **** those kids, stupid ****s had it coming trying to rob someone

morons

Comment

He should get life in prison. That's not self defense, it's murder.

Comment

The main issue with a self defense plea:

The courts work on a principle of "innocent until proven guilty". That means that the DA has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you did it. If they can't then in the eyes of the law you are innocent. The hardest part of the DA or Crown's job is proving you did it. If you claim self defense then you made their job easier! Your defense is "Yes, I did it... but..."

I find it hard to believe there was no attempt at a plea bargain here. I would expect him to be bargained to Murder in the Second or Manslaughter although Manslaughter might be a tall ask as this means accidental death as the result of a criminal offense and it's tough to argue that reloading and unloading five shots into a prone man is "accidental".

Comment

Working...
                      X