Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo takes a legit decision, where does Golovkin's legacy stand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Canelo takes a legit decision, where does Golovkin's legacy stand?

This isn't a prediction about the fight, I just want to know; where does GG stand if Canelo wins, and what happens with him after?
    Does he get redemption? Does he retire? What do you think?

Personally, I don't think GG's record is strong enough to go through a W without his status taking a big hit. Had he not got screwed in the original fight, it might be different, but perceptions are what they are. I think he could pull off redemption in a 3rd fight though. Or, by beating Charlo and Saunders.

Not too big of a hit. He still has jacobs charlo Saunders to help him out.

Comment

Golovkin's legacy will rest more on how many defenses he's had along with longest KO streak in title fights, etc. Personally, I thought he won the first fight and I believe he'll win the rematch. However if he doesn't, as long as it's a close fight and it's reasonable to claim that he actually won the fight, he doesn't take much of a hit there. He has other opponents now anyway like Jacobs, Saunders, Charlo and Deverychenko. As long as it's close, he's got nothing to worry about. If Canelo blew him out, then he'd take a major hit. Don't see that happening though.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        This isn't a prediction about the fight, I just want to know; where does GG stand if Canelo wins, and what happens with him after?

Personally, I don't think GG's record is strong enough to go through a W without his status taking a big hit. Had he not got screwed in the original fight, it might be different, but perceptions are what they are. I think he could pull off redemption in a 3rd fight though. Or, by beating Charlo and Saunders.
        HAha, no way in hell the diva is winning anything in any type of fashion against GGG, legit or otherwise. People are going to see what being elite means in this rematch. GGG will not provide any rest for the cheating chica, he will punish her for her pimp's lies and for robbing him of a deserved victory last time. The fans will be in for a treat, it'll be the first time Clenela gets put down for the count.

Comment

Hes a eurobum. Smh an undefeated 37 year old losing to a guy ten years younger whos suppose to be a great fighter and the face of boxing. I repeat hes a eurobum before and after the fight.

Comment

he will be 1-1 vs Canelo and a third fight will happen

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              HAha, no way in hell the diva is winning anything in any type of fashion against GGG, legit or otherwise. People are going to see what being elite means in this rematch. GGG will not provide any rest for the cheating chica, he will punish her for her pimp's lies and for robbing him of a deserved victory last time. The fans will be in for a treat, it'll be the first time Clenela gets put down for the count.
              he couldn't even hurt canelo in the first fight and now he will put him down for the count...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

perception is that he got robbed. when you think whitaker chavez do you think draw? no you think robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                  he couldn't even hurt canelo in the first fight and now he will put him down for the count...
                  If GGG didn't hurt Canelo, why did Canelo fight using a style that he had never used previously in his entire career (a confrontation avoiding style) for most of the first fight? A style that was basically the opposite of how he normally fights: an in-the-pocket, counter-puncher, who is always looking for the KO.

I believe Canelo gets KO/TKOd in the middle rounds (5-8) in the rematch, and Canelo will seek the trilogy fight when GGG is 40+ years old (or call him out of retirement).

Comment

Lol even by beating Nelo hes legacy isnt that strong, Nelo is only a cash cow whos great wins are?????

Unfortunately for GGG 160 didnt have great fighters, he didnt move up to 168 to chase great matches

Comment

Working...
                    X