Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Canelo - DAZN deal is actually a international deal not just US tv deal!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Canelo - DAZN deal is actually a international deal not just US tv deal!

The Canelo fights will be not only be shown on DAZN USA but also internationally DAZN platforms like DAZN Japan, DAZN Germany, and DAZN Canada.

Interesting? Should have Canelo asked for more money since it’s a international tv deal.

Link? That's what i believe it is. No way they pay 36.5 mil a fight just for US rights. They want to become an international streaming service, so making a US exclusive deal makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Link? That's what i believe it is. No way they pay 36.5 mil a fight just for US rights. They want to become an international streaming service, so making a US exclusive deal makes no sense.
      Boxing Scene has the article! Look for it!

Comment

They took that into account while making the deal i'm sure.

Comment

international rights are not as lucrative as people think........

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
            The Canelo fights will be not only be shown on DAZN USA but also internationally DAZN platforms like DAZN Japan, DAZN Germany, and DAZN Canada.

Interesting? Should have Canelo asked for more money since it’s a international tv deal.
            DAZN is currently available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Canada and Japan. You can find out more about DAZN and where it is available here.
            Except the UK. Extorniate Sky prices for us.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              international rights are not as lucrative as people think........
              exactly I think at most its only brings in a few extra million and thats for TOP PPV fights. Their was a old article here about it in the past I remeber reading that broke it down better.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                exactly I think at most its only brings in a few extra million and thats for TOP PPV fights. Their was a old article here about it in the past I remeber reading that broke it down better.
                Not for individual fights but boxing fans will pay for a service that show lots of international fights. A lot of boxnations subs came from fans wanting to watch the US fights. Will be similar in every country.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Not for individual fights but boxing fans will pay for a service that show lots of international fights. A lot of boxnations subs came from fans wanting to watch the US fights. Will be similar in every country.
                  Yeah I agree, its not a bad thing imo. People just looking for something. I think big money like mayweather money was a fluke, once in a million type of ordeal, I think this deal was the best canelo was gonna be able to get.

Comment

This was stated in the original article.

Dazn is in 7 countries & Canelo seems to have a deal with Dazn for 6 of them & Eddie seems to be suggesting Canelo has a UK deal with Sky now too.

And I'm sure Canelo is being paid well. And more specifically I'm sure that $365M is 50% to 75% of what he could make over the course of this deal with subscriber bonuses cuz the money is in the subscribers obviously & Canelo is the biggest name in the game & will surely bring his share.

Comment

Working...
                    X