Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's pass on the rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many good guys in the division who deserve their shot....

Comment

an immediate rematch favors golovkin.....if there's no immediate rematch, Golovkin keeps slipping while getting older and then the rematch is just a cashout, and he will sell his loss for money. Maybe he loses an immeidate rematch but as long as he holds up to the punishment again, it's gonna be close again.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
        What are you talking about? What agenda?
        There were plenty of close rounds. A few clear GGG rounds a few clear Canelo rounds, no one dominated, each fought to their strengths, no one got embarrassed. Again I had it close 7-5 for GGG. Could see someone giving one more round to Nelo and having it a draw. Could also see someone like Harold having it 116-112 GGG.
        I also would like to see a rematch as it was a highly entertaining fight, with every round being intense.
        What don't you understand about agenda? I'm not saying you but there are clearly people with agendas. We saw it last night with one judge. An agenda can simply be you have a preference for a certain fighter or a bias against another.

I don't think Canelo had a decisive round in the fight. Not one. So if someone is giving him 6/7 or 6/8 rounds that are close IMO that person is likely not going into the fight unbiased.

I have different emotions about a rematch. Had they got this right yes clearly. It was a very good fight. On the other hand if they can't get this right if you're in Golovkin's camp you got to ask short of a KO or multiple KDs I'll probably lose. That's a pretty high bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
          What don't you understand about agenda? I'm not saying you but there are clearly people with agendas. We saw it last night with one judge. An agenda can simply be you have a preference for a certain fighter or a bias against another.

I don't think Canelo had a decisive round in the fight. Not one. So if someone is giving him 6/7 or 6/8 rounds that are close IMO that person is likely not going into the fight unbiased.

I have different emotions about a rematch. Had they got this right yes clearly. It was a very good fight. On the other hand if they can't get this right if you're in Golovkin's camp you got to ask short of a KO or multiple KDs I'll probably lose. That's a pretty high bar.
          You don't think Canelo had a decisive round in the fight?
          Sure. And my guess is before the fight you didn't have a favoritism towards ggg rght?
          Last edited by JJRod; 09-17-2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
            You don't Canelo had a decisive round in the fight?
            Sure. And my guess is before the fight you didn't have a favoritism towards ggg rght?
            Tell me what round Canelo decisively won? I think he won rounds but there was no round I said man 100% he won that round. I'll rewatch the fight again at some point and maybe I'll change my opinion.

I'd be absolutely shocked on a second viewing if he won more than 2 rounds decisively.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Honestly the fight wasn't that good in my opinion.
              +1
              There's no special about the fight, aside from the 2 big names

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                It was a great fight. Have no idea why you don't want to see a rematch.
                Because people are sick of this waiting *******. GGG is not the only one getting older, so is the public. Nobody wants to wait another year to see him beat the red headed phuckboi again. Boxing has to move on. We'll be as old as Larry Merchant waiting for classics. Waiting until May or September for the rematch is not only bad for GGG but also this forum. The idiots will get stronger, I promise you. It'll go from robbery to close fight (draw was justified). Then, I had canelo winning 115-113 to Canelo had 3 of the middle rounds. Then the big one. 118 to 110 was the correct score. Just watch

Comment

I guess realistically I'd be down for a rematch but the scoring left a bad taste in my mouth. I felt GGG won 8-4. It's not like the fight will be in a few months, best case scenario it's in May. I don't see GGG doing any better than 8-4 and if that's still only good enough for a draw he'll probably lose on the cards next time.

Also the 80$ price tag irritated me. I didn't realize til Friday it was 80 bucks. I mean I love boxing but with Sho, HBO and then paying an additional 80$ for the special fights it's just getting ridiculous. And even after paying 80$ you get a fight where 80% of the audience disagrees with the scoring. It just makes you sadly realize that maybe boxing deserves to be a niche sport.

Comment

I thought it was an entertaining fight and I'd like to see a rematch but I'm not going to hold my breath.....We saw how long it took for Golden Boy to finally make the first fight happen...Their strategy is going to be aimed at waiting for an extended length of time, for Golovkin to get even older.

Comment

Working...
                    X