Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: I Think Right Now Thurman is Better Than Errol Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    That makes sense.... Plus all Porter does is headbuts and tries mauling ppl. Makes for an ugly fight. I want Garcia to start faster this time for a better fight.
    I honestly don't know what people see in Porter...he's got such an ugly style of fighting he doesn't really pressure all he does is smother its dirty and nothing looks clean I find it boring.

He's good at what he does but I want to see clean shots land..people give Andre Ward **** about his style but he lands a lot of clean eye catching blows and he can really box from the outside and can go inside mix it up. Porter on the other hand...everything is dirty from his style to the work he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
      Spence needs to apply pressure on Porter. the fans do it but Spence himself needs to be more vocal. theres no excuse why Spence only fights 1-2 times per year as if he's already a superstar. he can easily take 4-5 fights per year to increase his profile. all these guys are delusional. Spence included. they look in the mirror and see Mayweather. its pathetic. I remember when Foreman made his return at age 41 and in one year took like 9 fights. quality of opponents doesn't matter as much when you're active. just keep your name out there. but these PBC fighters are all under the illusion they are on Mayweather's level.
      Spence should fight more often to put more money in his pocket. Spence KOing 4 or 5 guys a year instead of KOing 2 guys a year would probably scare the top welterweights away even more.

Comment

Spence needs to apply pressure on Porter. the fans do it but Spence himself needs to be more vocal. theres no excuse why Spence only fights 1-2 times per year as if he's already a superstar. he can easily take 4-5 fights per year to increase his profile. all these guys are delusional. Spence included. they look in the mirror and see Mayweather. its pathetic. I remember when Foreman made his return at age 41 and in one year took like 9 fights. quality of opponents doesn't matter as much when you're active. just keep your name out there. but these PBC fighters are all under the illusion they are on Mayweather's level.
        That is a very good point. Spence should turn the heat up on Porter after the comments Shawn just made comparing Thurman & Spence. Spence should offer Porter a title shot right now for his next fight with a decent purse split. It is time that Spence starts pressuring these guys. It’s a bit odd for him to be doing it since he’s already the champ, but that’s what needs to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
          By better - he means easier.
          pretty much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Spence should fight more often to put more money in his pocket. Spence KOing 4 or 5 guys a year instead of KOing 2 guys a year would probably scare the top welterweights away even more.
            You cant prepare for 5-6 top guys a year, the body cant handle it, different if its B graders like the old timers did but not top shelf guys.

Porter is probably right that Thurman is better atm but can he keep Errol off him for 12 rounds that's the question, Spence brings very intense pressure for every minute of every round.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              Thurman has done more to earn it. Porter should fight Spence. Hopefully his comment leads to it.
              Porter and his daddy are scared to death of Errol

Comment

Peterson ~ vs ~ Thurman is a 50-50 fight imo. I'll bet any amount that none of the top welters other than Spence destroy Peterson.

I think Spence cursed himself when he obliterated Brook and Peterson. these other guys are not gonna entertain Spence until he shows a weakness or slippage.

Comment

Peterson ~ vs ~ Thurman is a 50-50 fight imo. I'll bet any amount that none of the top welters other than Spence destroy Peterson.

I think Spence cursed himself when he obliterated Brook and Peterson. these other guys are not gonna entertain Spence until he shows a weakness or slippage.
                  Lucas Matthysse finished Peterson in 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I think that is just human nature. Porter lost a close fight to Thurman. If he says Spence is better than Thurman he is saying Spence would likely beat him. By saying Thurman is better than Spence he is saying that he would probably beat Spence.Spence just easily destroyed Peterson. The same Peterson that almost beat Garcia. The same Garcia who lost a close fight to Thurman. Spence is better than Thurman, Garcia or Porter in my opinion and that's why none of them want to fight Spence. They all saw what Spence did to Peterson and Brook and they want none of that.
                    It wasn't close.

Comment

Call Al! Shawn knows the deal, so does Kenny “ aka” the boss. I think Shawn vs Danny should transpire before either see Thurman again. In a perfect world. Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X