No announcement yet.

Colour Photos of World War 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
    I never knew real colour photo's existed from this period until i saw a documentary on bbc4 a few years ago about the Lumière brothers who had develop a colour photo technique called Autochrome back in 1903, they were employed by the French during the war and produced some great pictures they seem much more real than black and white pictures.
    so a color pic was taken in 1889, like 14 yrs before they invented it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
      They are very interesting photos.

I will never understand the First World War; it was an utterly pointless waste of human life.
      i agree, the no man's land was one of the most idiotic combats i have known in history.

Comment

Owesome!! Thanks for the share!!

Comment

Originally posted by *~*MalVada*~* View Post
          so a color pic was taken in 1889, like 14 yrs before they invented it?
          the first ever colour photo was i think taken in 1861, but these photos used a process called autochrome which was invented in 1903-04.

Comment

check this out

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/2378/

http://www.oddee.com/item_66082.aspx

Comment

Cool pics.

Comment

AWESOME....!!!! of course knowing technology at the time.. it took about a Minute for the Image to burn onto the film.. SO all those pics are staged..

Not saying they aren't genuine .. just too bad They aren't action shots..

Still awesome..

Comment

Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
                  the first ever colour photo was i think taken in 1861, but these photos used a process called autochrome which was invented in 1903-04.
                  alrighty..but one of those pics apparently wasn't cause it's got a date of 1889

Comment

I've Got an Entire Shelf Full Of War Documentaries, Not Many About WW1, Although I have An Eddystone 1917, The Rifle Most Issued to U.S. Troops in WW1.

Comment

Rail car hit

Bridge destroyed on the road of Noyon in Roye. (Oise. France. 1917)

75m / C.A on its platform. Soldiers and camouflaging. (Village of Noyon. Oise. France. 1917).

Comment

Working...
                      X