Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: ?
Mayweather JR 35 64.81%
Hopkins 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2020, 02:51 PM #51
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1087 Post(s)
NachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,696.69
Total Points: 45,864.66
Collection starter - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
True, Floyd has never been at a physical disadvantage. Just about all of his opponents were carefully chosen. But some of Hopkins best wins saw his opponents at physical disadvantages. Oscar and Tito are often cited as two of his best wins, they were blown up welters.
Fair point. Bernard had a size advantage over ODLH, but he was also pushing 40 by then.

Last edited by NachoMan; 02-12-2020 at 02:55 PM.
NachoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:25 PM #52
Interim Champion

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Bravado has a reputation beyond reputeBravado has a reputation beyond reputeBravado has a reputation beyond reputeBravado has a reputation beyond reputeBravado has a reputation beyond reputeBravado has a reputation beyond reputeBravado has a reputation beyond reputeBravado has a reputation beyond reputeBravado has a reputation beyond reputeBravado has a reputation beyond reputeBravado has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,520.37
Total Points: 13,811.12
Thanks for that. - Brother Jay 

I get what people say about Bhop not having the athleticism like Floyd did and didn't get an opportunity to lean on it.....but....is that not part of IQ??? Floyd leaned on his IQ and adjusted throughout the years. As well as testing himself vs legitimate competition. Bernard stayed really in one division for his prime and only left it when he got shown up by Jermaine Taylor.

The best wins B-Hop has is against smaller men. Facing men who are smaller than you vs fighting bigger men like Floyd....when having hand issues and not hurting men like he used to denotes what? That he's going off of luck?? He kept winning. Bernard did not accomplish half of what Floyd did

Also, IMO? Leaning on athleticism >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> leaning on being dirty.

To me? Floyd muddied the water as he got older, but Bernard was laying in the swamp. So it has to be FM
Bravado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:35 PM #53
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4216 Post(s)
hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,638.48
Total Points: 82,888.01
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandman View Post
tough call. but slight edge to Floyd. but historically i rank Hopkins above him. took way more risks.
Yes, bh did things he wasn't supposed to do so i d place him above Floyd all time.
Floyd fans want people to fawn over his unbeaten record, but life don't work like that, it's the opposite, people think Floyd s overrated. People wanted Floyd to do something he wasn't supposed to do ( as all ATGs strive to do), to prove to us he was better than we thought he was and that we underestimated him- but Floyd refused to. Refused to play ball. So will be penalized historically.
Floyd is 4th of this era behind pac, bh, rjj. That's not bad going.

Last edited by hugh grant; 02-12-2020 at 04:20 PM.
hugh grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:32 PM #54
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 503 Post(s)
NORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,369.18
Total Points: 28,790.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
I would agree.

Just at 160 he isn't prime.
Exactly he was prime just too little . He really imposed his will and size at welter and it carried very nicely to 54 . 60 not so much altho he had a few decent wins and won a strap .
NORMNEALON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:38 PM #55
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2600 Post(s)
uppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,574.39
Total Points: 49,966.57
Cheers! - Snoop Frog Great Post! - Nomadic 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloTeague View Post
Bernard was a dirty fighter. He cheated by wrestling while his opponent was boxing. He had a great IQ no doubt, but he was dirty in there and it aided him in winning while Floyd was more talented, but he beat you purely with the sweat science. Floyd had the higher IQ.
floyd had some dirt in his arsenal as well, most of the greats did
uppercut510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:57 PM #56
BoxingScene Icon

Quoted: 5194 Post(s)
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,590.17
Total Points: 83,433.89
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORMNEALON View Post
Exactly he was prime just too little . He really imposed his will and size at welter and it carried very nicely to 54 . 60 not so much altho he had a few decent wins and won a strap .
Yeah but if it's too small then he can't be a prime version though right? Still a great win don't get me wrong. I picked Tito at the time.

It's like Carlos Monzon's win over Napoles. Napoles probably in his prime in 74 (maybe slightly past it) but at Middleweight he can't be considered that.
IronDanHamza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:04 PM #57
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1064 Post(s)
The D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond reputeThe D3vil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,460.90
Total Points: 38,240.18

Quote:
He looked pretty bad against Kovalev he lost every round and almost got killed in the last round he took such a beating.

Out of those fighters you listed the only guy who was actually in his prime was Roy Jones and he beat him easily.
You're overexaggerating.

Yes, Sergey beat him soundly, but he didn't almost kill anybody. Joe Smith Jr. did that a few years later.

Now, he almost killed Jean Pascal worst, and B-Hop was like 46 when he fought Kovaelv.
The D3vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:41 PM #58
BoxingScene Icon

Quoted: 5194 Post(s)
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,590.17
Total Points: 83,433.89
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The D3vil View Post
You're overexaggerating.

Yes, Sergey beat him soundly, but he didn't almost kill anybody. Joe Smith Jr. did that a few years later.

Now, he almost killed Jean Pascal worst, and B-Hop was like 46 when he fought Kovaelv.
Soundly? He dominated every single round.

He beat the shit out of him in the 12th. He really did.

He was dropped, dominated and battered. To say he didn't look bad is just wrong.
IronDanHamza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:07 PM #59
Stylin' and Profilin'

Quoted: 7640 Post(s)
Willy Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond reputeWilly Wanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 96,079.69
Total Points: 143,443.37
No Message - Willy Wanker No Message - Willy Wanker here's another one to help the cause - -jose- lol - -jose- Merry Christmas - TBear 
Lounge ATG - Mike D From Brandi with Love! - BoxingFan85 Just because. - DionysusX my ni gga - STAX ON DECK Looking forward to the fight man ? Who you rooting for ? - ScottWeiland 
happy father's day (in the event your creampie was loaded, lol) - DionysusX The Autozone comment had me rolling. Haha. Cheers - anthonydavid11 Camacho avi :love: that's one sexy Rican - -jose- Lana was sent from above - Santa_ -jose- aka Colonel Culo Snatcher :lol1::lol1: - -jose- 
alt account and serial racist member. - Shaolin Sword WAR COTTO! one last time :beerchug: - -jose- Love your funny posts - 1bad65 In the floor laughing... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 

Floyd easily.
Willy Wanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:48 PM #60
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 503 Post(s)
NORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud ofNORMNEALON has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,369.18
Total Points: 28,790.95

Quote:
Yeah but if it's too small then he can't be a prime version though right? Still a great win don't get me wrong. I picked Tito at the time.

It's like Carlos Monzon's win over Napoles. Napoles probably in his prime in 74 (maybe slightly past it) but at Middleweight he can't be considered that.
I hear u there I just mean he was still in his athletic prime giving himself a disadvantage fighting beyond his means . And that right there took his prime along with long lay offs
NORMNEALON is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends