Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Danny Garcia slap egg on the faces of BoxingScene members once again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Danny Garcia slap egg on the faces of BoxingScene members once again?

Like after he did when he beat the forum boogyman Matthysse? Matthysse was gonna kill him and Danny was apparently terrified of him according to 99% of our resident geniuses on here if i remember correctly.

He's getting slaughtered for fighting Vargas next but what about him fighting Thurman after that? That's a massive fight and one that both guys should get major props for taking if it happens. If he beats Thurman will you gladly accept that dollop of egg right in the middle of your foreheads?

Even though he's cherry picked Salka and Vargas, Danny still has a better resume than most around at this moment in time.

I personally don't mind him fighting Vargas next as long as they've agreed to Thurman after that.

I don't care is he's fighting Thurman next. There is no way to justify this Vargas fight. Especially after telling Spence he needs to earn his shot but turning around and fighting someone Spence fought when he was a prospect. If he wanted to fight Spence leftovers he should've fought Algieri who beat Ruslan, went the distance with Pacquiao & Khan (which was a draw in my opinion). Wlad hasn't fought in almost a year and he's about to fight Joshua. Porter went straight from Broner to Thurman. Roman & Frampton moved up a division and fought champions. There is no way to justify this Vargas fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      I don't care is he's fighting Thurman next. There is no way to justify this Vargas fight. Especially after telling Spence he needs to earn his shot but turning around and fighting someone Spence fought when he was a prospect. If he wanted to fight Spence leftovers he should've fought Algieri who beat Ruslan, went the distance with Pacquiao & Khan (which was a draw in my opinion). Wlad hasn't fought in almost a year and he's about to fight Joshua. Porter went straight from Broner to Thurman. Roman & Frampton moved up a division and fought champions. There is no way to justify this Vargas fight.
      Of course in an ideal world i'd prefer it not to happen but i just feel people are being overly harsh coz it's Garcia.

Garcia has every right to tell Spence to earn his shot, he's fought no one as of yet and whilst the boy clearly has the talent to be right in the mix he has to prove it against a top guy.

Say what you want about Garcia but he's earnt the right to tell someone like Spence he needs to earn his shot.

Garcia has been in fights in which he was supposed to lose. Spence hasn't as of yet...or even in a 50-50 matchup.

Like i said doe...in an ideal world it doesn't happen. But it isn't an ideal world so i say **** it he fights Vargas, gets that out of the way and then moves onto the massive 50-50 fight with Keith Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        Like after he did when he beat the forum boogyman Matthysse? Matthysse was gonna kill him and Danny was apparently terrified of him according to 99% of our resident geniuses on here if i remember correctly.

He's getting slaughtered for fighting Vargas next but what about him fighting Thurman after that? That's a massive fight and one that both guys should get major props for taking if it happens. If he beats Thurman will you gladly accept that dollop of egg right in the middle of your foreheads?

Even though he's cherry picked Salka and Vargas, Danny still has a better resume than most around at this moment in time.

I personally don't mind him fighting Vargas next as long as they've agreed to Thurman after that.
        Salka and Vargas in the same sentence is funny. Moreso because Vargas is top 50 whereas Salka wasn't even ranked at the time...so they say.

Comment

Of course in an ideal world i'd prefer it not to happen but i just feel people are being overly harsh coz it's Garcia.

Garcia has every right to tell Spence to earn his shot, he's fought no one as of yet and whilst the boy clearly has the talent to be right in the mix he has to prove it against a top guy.

Say what you want about Garcia but he's earnt the right to tell someone like Spence he needs to earn his shot.

Garcia has been in fights in which he was supposed to lose. Spence hasn't as of yet...or even in a 50-50 matchup.

Like i said doe...in an ideal world it doesn't happen. But it isn't an ideal world so i say **** it he fights Vargas, gets that out of the way and then moves onto the massive 50-50 fight with Keith Thurman.
          I agree he has every right up tell Spence to earn his shot. But i don't agree with him fighting prospect Spence leftovers. Danny had earned all the hate he's received. After the Khan & Matthysse fight he was getting hate because he beat fan favorites. After those fighters he's earned his hate. I hate on him now and I used to be a big Garcia fan. Diaz & Algieri would've been better fights than this. Garcia was primed to become the next boxing star and he squandered it. Despite there hate he got after beating Khan & Matthysse he was still a draw and getting good ratings. His father had sabotaged career. His father is on record saying it's better to fight Salka than a Thurman or Porter and that's exactly what Garcia has been doing. His father is a con man.

Comment

... after pissing blood for more than two weeks following the Matthysse fight (back in 2013), Danny was never the same... Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              I agree he has every right up tell Spence to earn his shot. But i don't agree with him fighting prospect Spence leftovers. Danny had earned all the hate he's received. After the Khan & Matthysse fight he was getting hate because he beat fan favorites. After those fighters he's earned his hate. I hate on him now and I used to be a big Garcia fan. Diaz & Algieri would've been better fights than this. Garcia was primed to become the next boxing star and he squandered it. Despite there hate he got after beating Khan & Matthysse he was still a draw and getting good ratings. His father had sabotaged career. His father is on record saying it's better to fight Salka than a Thurman or Porter and that's exactly what Garcia has been doing. His father is a con man.
              im waiting for this fight cuse they both has things that bother other guy,i was talking with another poster and we are afraid that Danny will go cash out he allready told than he can beat Canelo so im afraid that he will call him out.

Comment

I have a feeling he will win!

Thurman will look to come forward since he'll think Garcia is sweet for the straight right!

Garcia loves fighters who come forward, only problem is that Keith likes to move a lot (especially when he takes a good shot).

I was huge on Matthysse but picked Danny to win due to better amateur backgrounds and the fact he's sneaky on body shots!

I think Danny tags that body like a graffiti artist and comes away with a close win in a competitive fight!

Comment

LOL, garcia fans still using the good ol "but,but, but danny beat lucas back in 2013!" Ok yeah it was a great win but it was 3 YEARS AGO. What has danny done since? Go life and death with herrera in puerto rico and fight rod salka. He hasnt done **** since.

Comment

I stopped doubting Danny after he beat Salka with ease

Comment

Working...
                    X