No announcement yet.

Pacquiaos on the decline, agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
    Floyd fans just dont want to admit Manny is on the decline so that they can claim Floyd beat Manny during his prime when they fight. When obviously its 2 years too late.

and then they would say at the same time that floyd is past prime. so they can boast that a past prime floyd beat a very prime manny. funny *****s.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Mosley didn't run. He just moved. And backed away when Pac attacked. I guess that's something Manny's never seen before.

And Manny always looks like crap against Marquez. Because Marquez uses his brain, for starters and offers him different looks. I don't think Manny was slipping in either of their first two bouts either.

he just moved? yea, he moved backwards everytime PAC c0cked his arm for a punch...even so, the aggression wasn't there...i dont know if its the 875 glove taps or what but too much respect was being shown on his part

and yea, he might look like crap against JMM but at the weight he was supposed to be comfortable in, the weight where he had shown dominance...against a 108yr old lightweight, it was a very subpar performance

after watching his last few fights, 'going thru the motions' is how i describe PAC...whether its actual slippage or lack of motivation, its not the same fighter i've been watching thru the years

Comment

from what i've seen his decline is slight but obvious.
        the guy is a former flyweight in his mid thirties who has developed a habit of taking punishment in victory

he's said himself that his legs are breaking down in training (and evidently in is fights,) not allowing him to work as hard as he used to
        if that's not a decline i don't know what is

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          Don't agree with the bold, I agree with everything else though. Not expecting a competitive one neither.

if you're throwing punches and actually tryin to win, then yea...you used movement

if you're just using movement to burn 3mins in a round, that's just running IMO

Comment

I think Pac has to many things going on outside of boxing that have affected him in the ring imo.

Comment

Pac didnt look good against Mosley due to the fact that after tasting the canvas, Mosley went into survival mode. Hard to look good against a guy who's only instinct is to survive and not get hit while retreating and not fighting back.

As for JMM, he just seems to have Pac's #. Aside from the 3 KD's in the first round of their first fight, and the KD along with some moments in the 2nd fight, when has Pac actually looked good against him. Cant consider him being on the decline against a guy who he's never really looked good against.

Pac just looks really impressive against guys who come to bang with him. He can be outboxed, but chances are you're not going to bang it out with him toe to toe and be victorious.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                if you're throwing punches and actually tryin to win, then yea...you used movement

if you're just using movement to burn 3mins in a round, that's just running IMO
                Just recently I re-watched Whitaker vs. Policarpo Diaz, Diaz moved around the ring, didn't do much of anything, Whitaker stood composed and cut the ring nicely. Pacquiao on the other hand looks lost when movement is applied against him, it wasn't only the Mosley fight Mak, watch the 2nd half of the Cotto fight, the man simply does not like movement, you could even see it in his expression and at times he resorts to standing in the middle of the ring, indirectly asking his opponents to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  he just moved? yea, he moved backwards everytime PAC c0cked his arm for a punch...even so, the aggression wasn't there...i dont know if its the 875 glove taps or what but too much respect was being shown on his part

and yea, he might look like crap against JMM but at the weight he was supposed to be comfortable in, the weight where he had shown dominance...against a 108yr old lightweight, it was a very subpar performance

after watching his last few fights, 'going thru the motions' is how i describe PAC...whether its actual slippage or lack of motivation, its not the same fighter i've been watching thru the years
                  Agreed. Mosley didn't run. He moved when he thought Pacquiao would throw. Imagine that? A novel idea.

You want to say he's lost killer instrinct? Sure. But physically? Not buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                    Floyd fans just dont want to admit Manny is on the decline so that they can claim Floyd beat Manny during his prime when they fight. When obviously its 2 years too late.
                    Seems like pac fans will say Manny is shot because that is better than admitting he doesn't look as good when faced with opponents that move and counter.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Seems like pac fans will say Manny is shot because that is better than admitting he doesn't look as good when faced with opponents that move and counter.
                      i never said shot, dont put words in my mouth.

I said "decline". Hes far from shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X