Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ortiz beats Berto should we jump back on the bandwagon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    Ortiz is never gonna go back to 140. He has outgrown that weight. He has always been a 147 fighter, IMO. Roach had said this in '09.
    I don't think he outgrew the division. I think dude doesn't want to fight Khan, Maidana, Bradley or Tszyu (wait, what year is this?)

Maybe he sees the flaws in berto, and berto has been rocked, so maybe he thinks he can make a run at welterweight, the division has softened up a bit.

Its actually a good fight for Ortiz if you think along the same lines as reed. If he wins he's a stud again, and then clearly jww was too small. If he loses, then he's fighting in a weight class too big and can jump back down and try to rebirth his career there.

Either way, this is one of the most intriguing fights this year, i wonder why its not getting much press...

Comment

I would be happy he saved his career(for the time being)but I would not think much of the win..But that's cause I don't think much of Berto tbh,but if he wins he could at least put himself back in a good standing(with me at least)and he could have somewhat of a decent career..A L and he is done I hopes he knows that..
      Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 04-13-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Ortiz will win, and everyone can do what they want.

Comment

i don't think Ortiz will win but i hope he don't quit in the fight like he did with maidana, i want him to give Berto a War

Comment

Ortiz could take this one and end up near the top of the ww division, but he better be ready to take some leather, without having to reconsider his career choices. THIS IS BOXING MOTHER****ER!!!

Comment

I smell an upset. Ortiz exposes Berto straight up! In my opinion Ortiz is a better technical fighter than Berto. Personally I never really was impressed with Berto's performances. Although he has shown some improvement, I believe Ortiz has shown some too (aside from the peterson fight)

Comment

IMO, if you are not a fan of Ortiz now, then don't get on the bandwagon if he wins. That's being fake at it's finest. If you are a fan of fighter, you will be there in his worst times. Not leave when he's down, and come back when he's up. Every fighter has their ups and downs. True fans are those that defend them at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
                  I don't think he outgrew the division. I think dude doesn't want to fight Khan, Maidana, Bradley or Tszyu (wait, what year is this?)

Maybe he sees the flaws in berto, and berto has been rocked, so maybe he thinks he can make a run at welterweight, the division has softened up a bit.

Its actually a good fight for Ortiz if you think along the same lines as reed. If he wins he's a stud again, and then clearly jww was too small. If he loses, then he's fighting in a weight class too big and can jump back down and try to rebirth his career there.

Either way, this is one of the most intriguing fights this year, i wonder why its not getting much press...
                  Ofcourse but can he still make that weight? That's the question. His last fight against Peterson was at a catch weight of 142 even though Peterson was a natural 140 lber.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                    IMO, if you are not a fan of Ortiz now, then don't get on the bandwagon if he wins. That's being fake at it's finest. If you are a fan of fighter, you will be there in his worst times. Not leave when he's down, and come back when he's up. Every fighter has their ups and downs. True fans are those that defend them at all times.
                    Not necessarily. The reason why many of his fans turned their backs on him was because he became such a mental midget after the Maidana loss. I mean, alot of people were rooting for him in the Peterson fight but they got disappointed at the end because of the way Ortiz finished that fight.

Let's be clear. Ortiz can't beat Berto if he fights with the same mentality as he did in the Campbell and Peterson fight. This means that he will have to fight his heart out. The same fans who turned their backs on him have a legit reason to jump back on the bandwagon again because that's the Ortiz they became a fan of in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      if ortiz wins, it means that berto is a hypejob.
                      This......

Comment

Working...
                      X