No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Broner: Bob Arum is Open To Making The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
    Answer this question. Did Floyd duck Lara?

http://www.boxingscene.com/lara-i-wa...t-fight--85297
    Hell fu*king yeah! Floyd didn't want no part of Erislandy Lara! Now what?

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
      That's more like Broner-Porter. For sure, Broner has been consistent in showing durability, eg he also came on strong against Maidana down the stretch too. If Maidana hadn't clocked him again late on in the fight and stop his momentum, he could have taken control down the stretch - but credit to Maidana, he stopped that happening.

Meantime it was too little too late with Porter as well.

I suspect Broner would show durability again, and look good in flashes, but he has also shown an issue with activity, he just doesn't put out enough during fights. His personal issues suggest he's not going to arrive at any future fights in better condition to raise his activity level and sustain it for 12 against a top opponent, and there's The Real Problem.

Meantime his polarising personality means he can and will continue to demand high purses, and possibly keep pricing himself out of fights. Broner will be up for this, but I suspect his handlers will know he's better off staying on the fringes with fights where he remains favourite to win, eg Granados.

So expect Broner's handlers to price him out of this one. Deliberately.
      Pretty much the same way I see it playing out.

Hope he does not sleep on Granados. He is one tough cookie who never stops coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Please go to post # 70 and answer the fu*king questions!

August 5, 2016:

Arum emphasized that besides Vargas (27-1 win-loss record with 10 knockouts), the other top pick as Pacquiao’s next possible opponent is the undefeated American Terence Crawford (29-0 record with 20 knockouts). Crawford is the unified World Boxing Council and WBO junior welterweight champion.

“Absolutely correct, Crawford and Vargas are still the candidates.”

Arum said that he is yet to verify Koncz’s statement that Pacquiao (58-6-2 record with 38 knockouts) has already chosen Vargas as his next foe.

“Koncz’s statement only speak for himself and not Manny. The reason why I will go over there in the Philippines next week is to finalize Manny’s opponent.”

“I need to know what Manny wants.”

Arum also reiterated that Pacquiao’s next fight would be held at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas because it is the only available venue at the moment.

http://www.manilatimes.net/arum-says...-fight/278144/

Which one did Manny choose?
        Why did you skip the part where Arum also said Pacquiao will fight anybody after his meeting with him when he came back from Manila? If you keep insisting Arum has nothing to do with who Pacquiao fights next, then I have nothing more to say bro. Seems clear you have made up your mind to put the semi-retired guy in a negative light.

Comment

• Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
          once again, nothing on roach or manny saying they'll fight loma at 140 but not crawford. you just repeated the same crap and even repeated what i just said as to why roach said he didnt want the crawford fight just yet lol. roach didnt even mention any weights on the first link lol. desperate much? are you really this desperate?

"You know what, with Manny in the senate and I have to go to the Philippines and so forth to train him and with all the confusion going on - I don't think I'm going to accept that fight or want that fight right away. I mean give me one warm-up fight and give me a fight right after that and we can talk."
          November 7, 2016:

Trainer Freddie Roach openly admits that he's not the biggest fan of having Manny Pacquiao take on Terence Crawford.

Crawford (29-0, 20KOs), the current WBO/WBC junior welterweight champion, is viewed by most experts - including Roach - as a big threat to Pacquiao.

Roach has already experienced just how talented Crawford really is. He trained Viktor Postol for his fight with Crawford in July. On the paper the fight was perceived to be a competitive contest, but Crawford dominated the fight in one-sided fashion...

But now Pacquiao is running out of pay-per-view opponents. Unless Pacquiao is able to secure a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr., then Crawford might become the obvious choice for his next fight. Top Rank's CEO, Bob Arum, is very interested in matching Pacquiao and Crawford in the near future.

Roach fears the contest will play out to be a lackluster encounter, with Crawford sticking and moving like he did against Postol. He says the match-up could become a mirror image of Pacquiao's fight with Mayweather.

"I do think it could be like the Manny and Floyd fight, because Crawford is more of a counter-puncher and a boxer and so forth, and Manny likes it more when people come to him. It could be a difficult fight. With Manny's experience he does know how to cut the ring off.," Roach said.

"That might be in the future, because I know Bob wants that fight. Its been offered to us before and then this fight came about. Its something we have to consider and something we have to look at and we have to get in really good shape to beat this guy."

Roach has yet to discuss the Crawford fight with Pacquiao.

"We've never really talked about the Crawford fight. If we can't get Mayweather, that might be the second best thing out there, maybe. I know Crawford is a good fighter and it is a tough fight, and it's a fight that we have to fight - because we are still considered to be at that level. I don't want Manny fighting nobodies. That's not why we're here. We want to be the best of the best. If Crawford is next then Crawford is next. That fight can happen," Roach said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-pac...-fight--110509

"If Crawford is next then Crawford is next." He don't want that work! It's as obvious as sunlight! You ain't fooling nobody! Manny is boxed in, and looking for a way out! Crawford, NO! Brook, NO! All of a sudden:

MANILA, Philippines - Australian fighter Jeff Horn will be Manny Pacquiao’s final opponent at the end of 2017.

So says Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum after “The Hornet” scored a sixth round knockout against former world title challenger Ali Funeka in Auckland, New Zealand over the weekend. Arum was in town to co-promote the WBO heavyweight title fight between Joseph Parker and Andy Ruiz Jr with Horn’s promoter Duco Events, but also had his eye on the unbeaten Horn, a 2012 Olympian from Brisbane who possesses a school teaching degree.

Arum, according to News.com.au, wants to showcase Horn (16-0-1, 11 knockouts) in the United States before having him face 'The Fighting Senator' Pacquiao at the end of 2017 in what would be, supposedly, the Filipino legend’s final boxing match.

“I love the kid. He’s a real throwback fighter and he’ll have a tremendous appeal to boxing fans in the States. He fought a really tough awkward guy and I think he has a big, big future," Arum is quoted.

"We want to build the best stage for him but the truth is that back in the States where a big Pacquiao fight would probably have to happen, Jeff is still not very well known so we first have to put him in with one of the top welterweights to build his name."

Arum reportedly mentioned former Pacquiao foes Timothy Bradley Jr and Jessie Vargas as potential foes for Horn. Both are vastly more experienced than Horn in the pros and would add greater credibility to the 28-year-old should he win.

“I love the kid. He’s a real throwback fighter and he’ll have a tremendous appeal to boxing fans in the States. He fought a really tough awkward guy and I think he has a big, big future," Arum is quoted.

"We want to build the best stage for him but the truth is that back in the States where a big Pacquiao fight would probably have to happen, Jeff is still not very well known so we first have to put him in with one of the top welterweights to build his name."

Arum reportedly mentioned former Pacquiao foes Timothy Bradley Jr and Jessie Vargas as potential foes for Horn. Both are vastly more experienced than Horn in the pros and would add greater credibility to the 28-year-old should he win.

http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-spo...ent-2017-fight

We all know how this goes!

Comment

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
            Why did you skip the part where Arum also said Pacquiao will fight anybody after his meeting with him when he came back from Manila? If you keep insisting Arum has nothing to do with who Pacquiao fights next, then I have nothing more to say bro. Seems clear you have made up your mind to put the semi-retired guy in a negative light.
            It seems you're making an excuse for an active fighter (fought twice in 2016) choosing NOT to fight an in-house Jr. WW Champion in Terence Crawford! Roach said NO, Koncz said NO, Arum said YES, Manny chose Vargas! Good Night!

Comment

• Anyone who thinks Manny is ducking anyone at 140-147 needs to have their head examined!
              Having said that , I hope Manny retires so these young cats can start fighting each other and charting their own legacies.

Comment

November 7, 2016:

Trainer Freddie Roach openly admits that he's not the biggest fan of having Manny Pacquiao take on Terence Crawford.

Crawford (29-0, 20KOs), the current WBO/WBC junior welterweight champion, is viewed by most experts - including Roach - as a big threat to Pacquiao.

Roach has already experienced just how talented Crawford really is. He trained Viktor Postol for his fight with Crawford in July. On the paper the fight was perceived to be a competitive contest, but Crawford dominated the fight in one-sided fashion...

But now Pacquiao is running out of pay-per-view opponents. Unless Pacquiao is able to secure a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr., then Crawford might become the obvious choice for his next fight. Top Rank's CEO, Bob Arum, is very interested in matching Pacquiao and Crawford in the near future.

Roach fears the contest will play out to be a lackluster encounter, with Crawford sticking and moving like he did against Postol. He says the match-up could become a mirror image of Pacquiao's fight with Mayweather.

"I do think it could be like the Manny and Floyd fight, because Crawford is more of a counter-puncher and a boxer and so forth, and Manny likes it more when people come to him. It could be a difficult fight. With Manny's experience he does know how to cut the ring off.," Roach said.

"That might be in the future, because I know Bob wants that fight. Its been offered to us before and then this fight came about. Its something we have to consider and something we have to look at and we have to get in really good shape to beat this guy."

Roach has yet to discuss the Crawford fight with Pacquiao.

"We've never really talked about the Crawford fight. If we can't get Mayweather, that might be the second best thing out there, maybe. I know Crawford is a good fighter and it is a tough fight, and it's a fight that we have to fight - because we are still considered to be at that level. I don't want Manny fighting nobodies. That's not why we're here. We want to be the best of the best. If Crawford is next then Crawford is next. That fight can happen," Roach said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-pac...-fight--110509

"If Crawford is next then Crawford is next." He don't want that work! It's as obvious as sunlight! You ain't fooling nobody! Manny is boxed in, and looking for a way out! Crawford, NO! Brook, NO! All of a sudden:

MANILA, Philippines - Australian fighter Jeff Horn will be Manny Pacquiao’s final opponent at the end of 2017.

So says Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum after “The Hornet” scored a sixth round knockout against former world title challenger Ali Funeka in Auckland, New Zealand over the weekend. Arum was in town to co-promote the WBO heavyweight title fight between Joseph Parker and Andy Ruiz Jr with Horn’s promoter Duco Events, but also had his eye on the unbeaten Horn, a 2012 Olympian from Brisbane who possesses a school teaching degree.

Arum, according to News.com.au, wants to showcase Horn (16-0-1, 11 knockouts) in the United States before having him face 'The Fighting Senator' Pacquiao at the end of 2017 in what would be, supposedly, the Filipino legend’s final boxing match.

http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-spo...ent-2017-fight

We all know how this goes!
                can you bold the part where roach or pac said they have no problem fighting loma at 140 BUT will not fight crawford at 140. can you bold this for me because i think this is what you're trying to argue here.

Comment

• Paq should cash out beat broner draw Floyd out cash out retire. Crawford to much risk not enough reward he and Spence are the ww future will take on Thurman . They both are the best the real deal

Comment

It seems you're making an excuse for an active fighter (fought twice in 2016) choosing NOT to fight an in-house Jr. WW Champion in Terence Crawford! Roach said NO, Koncz said NO, Arum said YES, Manny chose Vargas! Good Night!
                    How many times do we have to repeat to this guy that Arum chooses who Pacquiao fights next? Arum doesn't give a crap about Koncz or Roach's input. He doesn't care. If you can't accept that then you're a fool. Pacquiao is a yes man to whoever Arum wants him to fight. Nobody wanted Bradley 3, not Koncz, not Roach, not even Pacquiao. Pac can't even face Bradley at the press con without an embarrassed look on his face.

Comment

• Build up spence Crawford super fight let it grow marinate that is a real fans dream fight

Comment

Working...
                      X