Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Zab beats Garcia and becomes lineal champ at 140 will that get him to the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    People are becoming too obsessed with the Ring rankings. They are just as bad as any belt organization. Not only do they bump up fighters unfairly, but they also just give away the belt now. I mean #2 v #5 can win a ring belt now. And people like Larry will call him a lineal champ

Even with the Ring belt being "free", they sure love giving it away. Vlad, Hernandez and Garcia, who all hold Ring belts are in reality not lineal champs
    People aren't becoming obsessed with The Ring rankings. The Ring rankings have pretty much always been the rankings that have been the "official" rankings or go to rankings. Certainly as far as I can remember.

So going by their rankings is a natural thing. Only recently have their rankings started to decline. They've always had their "What the hell" rankings from time to time though.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Morales resume is laughably ****...Floyd's resume ****s all over his. Especially considering Morales has spent years pissing away his ATG status. Barrera, Pacquiao, Jones...a bunch of ****ing cans and C level fighters or losses.
      Sarcasm, I'm guessing?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Sarcasm, I'm guessing?
        Zab's resume isn't that far off of Barrera or Morales. Especially Morales who has lost more big fights than Zab has.

Comment

I think so he's had fights with good competition win or lose. People seem to forget there are commentators in the Boxing Hall of Fame its not based on greatness in the ring but the effect you had on the sport Zab Judah has held titles but mostly seemed to be kinda a stepping stone fighter recently but hes def worthy of a Hall of Fame nomination at this point IMO

Comment

I'm sure he'll make it by 2027

Comment

Peterson was #1 and Khan was #2, with Garcia being #3.

#2 vs #3 happened, sooo not a lineage
              Peterson was dropped before the fight

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Zab's resume isn't that far off of Barrera or Morales. Especially Morales who has lost more big fights than Zab has.
                You can't be serious.

Comment

Zab has lost nearly all his big fights, his best win is Cory Spinks for god sake.

Morales win over Pacquiao & Barerra are better then any victory on Zab's resume, you must be an idiot....if you think other wise.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    He was dropped from the rankings because of the drug test.

So it was #1 vs #2 (According to the rankings) so many considered it to be for the Lineage.

I'd of course understand if someone were to consider it not to be.

In all honesty I'm not really interested. Khan shouldn't really have been fighting for the Lineage coming off a loss but it was #1 vs #2.
                    Thats Bull****, peterson won that fight and no action was taken against him as far as i know, making his win count. The Ring removed him so they could give Khan the belt, even tho it backfired. That doesnt take away the fact that Peterson beat khan and was ahead of him in the rankings.

Ring rankings are not how a lineage is followed. Its the #1 vs #2 ranked fighters in a division, not only the Rings #1 vs #2 whenever they want to manipulate their rankings. Garcia does not hold the lineage

Comment

Thats Bull****, peterson won that fight and no action was taken against him as far as i know, making his win count. The Ring removed him so they could give Khan the belt, even tho it backfired. That doesnt take away the fact that Peterson beat khan and was ahead of him in the rankings.

Ring rankings are not how a lineage is followed. Its the #1 vs #2 ranked fighters in a division, not only the Rings #1 vs #2 whenever they want to manipulate their rankings. Garcia does not hold the lineage
                      Peterson won the fight, yes. And was #1. Until he failed a drug test for the rematch, then, they removed him, having Khan at #1 and now Garcia at #2. Peterson was unranked, so Peterson wasn't ahead of anyone in the rankings.

Ring rankings generally are how a Lineage is "re-opened". Or atleast it mostly has been when the "#1 and #2 fight each other".

That's sadly what happened with Khan and Garcia. So, plently consider Garcia the Lineal Champion now and they have a leg to stand on in making the claim.

I was on here just like you, arguing for ages about how stupid it is. I wasn't even aware Garcia was #2 at the time of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X