Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Pacquiao: No 50-50 and I'm Not Budging!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    How did he owe 14 million in April, he got a bill in October and paid it with his Ortiz money. He got a bill for 3 million in March. Why should I explain something that is a piece of fiction and not the reality of the situation.

3 is less than 6 so that is a better position correct~ also Floyd was off not really making money and spending his normal ammount, so the JMM fight comes off and he pays off that debt but he really didn't make anything so he still needed money for himself and his lifestyle~

Do you really not understand that~

You're whole argument is that Floyd had to previously "settle" for 50-50 because he owed taxes and had less money. But now that his finances are supposedly better, he is demanding more than 50%. Correct? He's basically saying "I'm rich, so you gotta pay me more than 50% to get me off my couch to fight Pacquiao". Really? Even though the truth is that he still has tax problems and is going to jail in June.

My whole point from the beginning is that his past or current financial situation has nothing to do with valuing his current earning power. It's not what he needs or doesn't need. It's strictly dependent on the current market value of him and Pacquiao. Floyd's lifestyle and spending habits are NOT a negotiating point to the other party. For him to demand more money because he's supposedly now richer is simply a poor excuse for ducking.

Comment

• If Floyd is going to ask for the bigger share at least come up with something better....like I should deserve more because when I fight it's like a superbowl , the fans get a complete package with free rooms, buffets, and limo rides from the airport. Pacquiao can't give out ***** like that.

Comment

• will floyd earn 40mil+ in fighting somebody and not pac nahhhh... this is just ducking QUACK QUACK QUACK

Comment

• Originally posted by adp023 View Post
          You're whole argument is that Floyd had to previously "settle" for 50-50 because he owed taxes and had less money. But now that his finances are supposedly better, he is demanding more than 50%. Correct? He's basically saying "I'm rich, so you gotta pay me more than 50% to get me off my couch to fight Pacquiao". Really? Even though the truth is that he still has tax problems and is going to jail in June.

My whole point from the beginning is that his past or current financial situation has nothing to do with valuing his current earning power. It's not what he needs or doesn't need. It's strictly dependent on the current market value of him and Pacquiao. Floyd's lifestyle and spending habits are NOT a negotiating point to the other party. For him to demand more money because he's supposedly now richer is simply a poor excuse for ducking.
          My whole arguement was his situation was different and he needed money that forces someone to be more agreeable. If someone needs money they can't really hold out but if they feel alright about their situation they can swing for the fences much more freely.

It is like if I am playing poker and I have a ton of chips, I am in a position to make people make tough choices. If I am not, people are going to put me in the position of making tough choices about the risks I want to take.

What you are saying is different from what I am saying, you are talking about an actual negotiating arguement, while I am talking about a mindset behind a negotiating stance. They aren't mutually exclusive~

You don't see that~

Comment

• Either Mayweather hired you all as accountants or you're just basing all these numbers off nothing but rumors spread by Tards on these boards.

I'm sure he's having a lot of trouble paying taxes off with the riches you see on 24/7. My point who cares? Pacquiao has his own issues with infidelity but you never see those types of articles. Some of you are bunch of drama queens.

Comment

My whole arguement was his situation was different and he needed money that forces someone to be more agreeable. If someone needs money they can't really hold out but if they feel alright about their situation they can swing for the fences much more freely.

It is like if I am playing poker and I have a ton of chips, I am in a position to make people make tough choices. If I am not, people are going to put me in the position of making tough choices about the risks I want to take.

What you are saying is different from what I am saying, you are talking about an actual negotiating arguement, while I am talking about a mindset behind a negotiating stance. They aren't mutually exclusive~

You don't see that~
              Nail on the head.

I read it the same way.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                Nail on the head.

I read it the same way.
                People don't have to like that, trying to rake someone over the coals is not exactly a nice business.

But hey it is a cut throat world and he will only get one shot to negotiate the biggest fight ever. It is a dangerous game though because it can just as easily slip away. I won't feel bad at all for Floyd if he loses out on this oppurtunity because of that, he is free to take that risk though.

Comment

People don't have to like that, trying to rake someone over the coals is not exactly a nice business.

But hey it is a cut throat world and he will only get one shot to negotiate the biggest fight ever. It is a dangerous game though because it can just as easily slip away. I won't feel bad at all for Floyd if he loses out on this oppurtunity because of that, he is free to take that risk though.
                  Yeah, your poker comparison is dead on.

It wont happen the way Floyd offered it with Arum.

If Pac was free like Cotto, it would.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                    Bulls.it. Pac has not outsold Mayweather in their last three fights. I find it odd that you cast doubt on Mayweather's numbers simply because the haters in the boxing media told some unstantiated lies about it. However, you believe every word that comes from the mouth of an admitted briber and liar in Bob Arum. If you believe the numbers that Bob Arum feeds the public (which you obviously do), then you would believe this. However, if someone actually investigated (which the boxing media never does) and found the real PPV numbers, you would see that Pac's last three PPVs have sold a lot less than Arum claimed, especially the one against Mosley, which I don't believer even sold as many as Pac/Clottey.

On another note, Pac doesn't have to give up free tickets on the day of the fight because the regular cost of the tickets are $20 each. Pac.Clottey sold 55,000 tickets, but only made $5.5 million at the gate. That says it all.
                    Sorry big man but with all due respect The Gambler1983 is correct about the PPVs here is a link http://www.************.com/2012/01/...-three-fights/ or you can just go on Showtime and HBO and add each of them individually and come up with the same answer, I did to make sure, took me about 30 minutes.
                    Last edited by crex.af; 04-23-2012, 12:00 AM. Reason: link

Comment

You don't see that~
                      You used the poker analogy wrong. You defined his "position" as his current finances. But you don't understand that the "chips on the table" are essentially his market share, not his finances. Floyd 's value (compared to Pacquiao) has not increased since he agreed to the 50-50 share. In contrast, many can easily argue that Pacquiao's value is now higher than Floyd's due to his major endorsement deals since 2009.

I'll make my point clear. Floyd's mindset is neither a valid negotiating argument nor a rational negotiating stance. Agreed? But most people predicted that Floyd would find an excuse to renege on the 50-50 as soon as Pacquiao agreed to random testing. Bottom line, he's the one delaying the fight.
                      Last edited by adp023; 04-23-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X