Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Loma Fight Is Huge For Boxing, I'm Going To Make History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Loma Fight Is Huge For Boxing, I'm Going To Make History

Teofimo Lopez Jr. knows he has a tall task in front of him as he prepares for his tussle against Vasiliy Lomachenko. Lopez Jr. (15-0, 12 KOs), the IBF lightweight champion, has long been calling for the WBO, WBA and WBC franchise titlist Lomachenko (14-1, 10 KOs), and his desire will soon become a reality when they square off Oct. 17 on ESPN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What history is he going to make?

If he was to win, then that's a great win for him, no doubt. But what is historic about it? Youngest unified honduran or something?

Comment

It's the fight I am most excited for, plus it being free on ESPN is a major plus.

Comment

I'm afraid Teofimo is in for a rude awakening.

Comment

"He’s been off at 126, 130, and I’m going to make sure come Oct. 17 I’m going to bring him back down to 130.”

Can we proof read? This makes no sense. I am no professional writer. I am just confused why he used 130 twice.

"The Brooklyn-based Honduran Lopez Jr. is also a 2016 Olympian, but he never reached medal status."

This should say the Brooklyn-born Honduran. Teofimo is American not Honduran. His father is Honduran and I am not sure about his mother but he was born in Brooklyn which makes him an American.

Comment

The bottom line in this fight is....Teo's hands will catch up to Loma's feet, then it's lights out for Loma...

Comment

loopy lopez v lucky loma

nah great fight id say

Comment

This article argues that Loma looked human with Linares and Campbell but those two names are better than an unproven fighter who has planted this manifestation in his mind that he can do no wrong because he's a bigger lightweight. Lopez forgets making 135 has been a struggle for him as he says he's too big but wait till he moves to 140. I guarantee you he will look ordinary with Ramirez, Taylor, Prograis and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Teofimo Lopez
                  “This is great for the sport. It’s huge. I’m about to make history and become undisputed [champion]. I’m very excited.''
                  According to Bumochenko fans, if he beats green Teofimo Lopez for the IBF, Vasily becomes 'Undisputed' ; contrary to what the president of the World Boxing Council has told the media : that the 'Franchise' title is not a world-championship, only a 'honorary' title.

However, If Teofimo KO's Vasily, Lomachenko's fans will not recognize Teofimo as 'Undisputed'. No doubt about it.

Comment

His tone is starting to soften, and the insults are becoming begrudging praise. I think he’s starting to realize what he’s in for come October.
                    Last edited by millcitymauler; 09-16-2020, 11:03 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

Working...
                    X