No announcement yet.

NYU Protesters Preaching the Knowledge to Trump Supporters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
    Wow, last I checked it was liberals crashing rallies and stealing peoples signs. The liberals are a bunch of pvssies, and honestly in my teens I had that same mindset as you, but I got out of it real quick. Im 25 yo Mexican, and I havent been offended by one thing Trump has said
    I have no problem with you supporting Trump.

My only point to dixie and JimR is that non racist Trump supporters can't be shocked when they are viewed in the same way as the nazi's, klan members and hardcore white nationalists that support Trump given how Trump judges groups.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      It means you believe President Obama wasn't a US citizen.
      See, there you go again with that nonsense.

You have a complete inability to debate issues and policies on their face. You ALWAYS have to first pigeon-hole your debate opponent into what group he falls into, then tell him what stances and beliefs they have in your own mind. Often times you are dead wrong, but yet you keep doing it.

And then you wonder why you get called out for making repeated strawmen.

Why can't you simply debate people's stances without having to first place them into a bloc and/or create stances for your debate opponents?

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie Normis View Post
        Sorry, but that's a false equivalency. I like how you act as if you have the moral highground when it comes to racism, even when the prevailing thought of most liberal sissies is all Trump supporters are white racists. Apparently, you don't understand the concept of irony.
        Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
        Wow, last I checked it was liberals crashing rallies and stealing peoples signs. The liberals are a bunch of pvssies, and honestly in my teens I had that same mindset as you, but I got out of it real quick. Im 25 yo Mexican, and I havent been offended by one thing Trump has said
        Bingo!!

You two called it just as it is.

As for problems and violence at Trump rallies, remember that the Democrats were caught on video tape admitting they created the violence at Trump rallies for political gain.

Sadly, that's part of the reality that liberals have to ignore/deny in order to try and debate politics.

But I say they should keep it up. It only shows Americans on the fence who the intolerant side is. You didn't see Reps after Obama won (twice to boot) rioting, looting, and attacking private property like you see now.

Comment

Obviously, since Trump won, the pendulum has swung. Trump supporters have nothing to be angry about as they got what they wanted.

I agree with you, but as I posted before, how can you expect anything else?

When I see someone with a Trump hat or sign, IMO they embrace everything Trump does. I may not act like the chick in this video, but in my mind, you are the same kind of person that I saw at his rallies. It means you believe President Obama wasn't a US citizen.
          Obama had my support twice, in 08 and his reelection in 12. Trump started having my support when I was repeatedly told that I am a white supremacist racist who hates equal rights, immigrants, and black people. To say that I am the same type of person you seen at his rallies, is equivalent to me saying you are the same type of person disrupting his rallies, or protesting in the streets of NYU and UC Berkeley.

I fully understand how you could become desensitized to constantly being called a racist just because you support Trump.

I disagree. White nationalism has been rising for some time because, IMO, too many blue collar white people get duped into to thinking brown, black , hispanic, yellow, gay, lesnian etc. are somehow responsible for their negative predicament.
          If white nationalism were rising for some time then there is absolutely no way in hell that a black president could be and would be elected, not only once but twice. What I can agree with you is that white nationalism is on the rise right now, at this very moment, and people on the left are largely responsible for it. Doubling down on protesting and name calling is only going to accelerate its rise.

People in the midwest who voted for Trump, the same people who won the election for him, didn't do so because they hate anyone that doesn't look like them, these are the very same people who were responsible for Obama's victory twice. They voted Trump because their jobs disappeared, and they were ignored.

The reality is its he rich/wealthy white person that has shaped he policies that have caused the problems. It aint liberal white people either because in most of the places Trump won their are very few liberals occupying local seats/offices that make policy and budget decisions.

Yes, I agree the divide is going to get wider.When Trump does thing like ban people from countries that haven't attacked the US and where he doesn't have business interests in the name of "safety" people get angrier when his supporters support policies like this.

Trump won and I am no going to question it. However, after the "birtherism" he championed and spearheaded, you can't expect liberals that supported President Obama to forget that and not do the same to him.

As far as I'm concerned there isn't enough bans on countries from the middle east. Their religion and culture is in direct opposition to ours. These people chant death to America and burn our flag, and we should welcome them with open arms?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            See, there you go again with that nonsense.

You have a complete inability to debate issues and policies on their face. You ALWAYS have to first pigeon-hole your debate opponent into what group he falls into, then tell him what stances and beliefs they have in your own mind. Often times you are dead wrong, but yet you keep doing it.

And then you wonder why you get called out for making repeated strawmen.

Why can't you simply debate people's stances without having to first place them into a bloc and/or create stances for your debate opponents?
            Once again your lack of an education is causing an unecessary problem. you took a piece of what I posted, which then changes the context. Then you decide to give me your opinion of that rather than then the whole paragraph

Here is the full paragraph:

When I see someone with a Trump hat or sign, IMO they embrace everything Trump does. I may not act like the chick in this video, but in my mind, you are the same kind of person that I saw at his rallies. It means you believe President Obama wasn't a US citizen.

I am talking about how I see you and what I think you believe, not making a definitive statement about any or all Trump supporters.

Comment

I have no problem with you supporting Trump.

My only point to dixie and JimR is that non racist Trump supporters can't be shocked when they are viewed in the same way as the nazi's, klan members and hardcore white nationalists that support Trump given how Trump judges groups.
              If people on the left cannot separate the decent Trump supporter vs the not so decent supporter, then that is something they need to figure out. If they wan't to generalize and group every Trump supporter into the same category then don't be surprised when you lose those swing voters who could've went other either way to the left or right forever because you couldn't stop calling them Nazi's.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Obama had my support twice, in 08 and his reelection in 12. Trump started having my support when I was repeatedly told that I am a white supremacist racist who hates equal rights, immigrants, and black people. To say that I am the same type of person you seen at his rallies, is equivalent to me saying you are the same type of person disrupting his rallies, or protesting in the streets of NYU and UC Berkeley.

If white nationalism were rising for some time then there is absolutely no way in hell that a black president could be and would be elected, not only once but twice. What I can agree with you is that white nationalism is on the rise right now, at this very moment, and people on the left are largely responsible for it. Doubling down on protesting and name calling is only going to accelerate its rise.

People in the midwest who voted for Trump, the same people who won the election for him, didn't do so because they hate anyone that doesn't look like them, these are the very same people who were responsible for Obama's victory twice. They voted Trump because their jobs disappeared, and they were ignored.

As far as I'm concerned there isn't enough bans on countries from the middle east. Their religion and culture is in direct opposition to ours. These people chant death to America and burn our flag, and we should welcome them with open arms?
                It is unfortunate people made you feel that way. We live in a society where silence often equals consent, which isn't right or fair. If you don't speak out against racists then many will lump you in with them.

I think it's hard to see me as a white woman. LOL. I get that and that is IMO a big part of the problem.

I disagree. Voting only is representative of he public mindset when people actually vote. White nationalism could be rising but if those people don't vote, you very easily could have a black president.

Look at this election cycle. I think with BLM, Kapernick and other things "pro black anger" for lack of a better term was rising but people not as many black people went out and voted.

I don't think they all voted for trump due to hatred of people of color. I agree that jobs was the main motivator. However, a large number gravitated to Trump when he 1st started the birtherism stuff.

frankly, for me, its hard to forget that. I can't understand how someone could vote for him knowing he did this.

I don't agree with the ban. However, if you banned people from the countries that attacked the US, I would respect and understand that. The the stuff about "safety" appears to be genuine.

Further, I would know Trump is doing this even though his businesses in these countries could suffer. Puting the country before himself and his interests would be something I would have to respect.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  If people on the left cannot separate the decent Trump supporter vs the not so decent supporter, then that is something they need to figure out. If they wan't to generalize and group every Trump supporter into the same category then don't be surprised when you lose those swing voters who could've went other either way to the left or right forever because you couldn't stop calling them Nazi's.
                  Don't disagree with you at all. Which is why I am trying to make the transition to seeing each independently. It isn't easy for me because I expect decent people to reject certain elements.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i need to be brought up to speed on what is goign on in this picture
                    Here is another one to the collection

Very symbolic picture of who a person is in the Democratic party as a white male.

Comment

Once again your lack of an education is causing an unecessary problem.
                      You said what you said, and your usual childish insults want change it.

Why not just stop labeling people and making up what you believe are their stances/beliefs?

Is that really too much to ask of you?

Comment

Working...
                      X