Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Long Relationship With SHO, I Consider Them My Family

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet when Finkel gets sick, Wilder says "we sick boss". Loyalty is a dumb reason to turn down $100m and a chance at undisputed, when you've never unified in 11 years as a pro and other than Fury, make no more than $2m per fight.

When Wilders gets old and retires, ( he's 34 this year) lets see how loyal "his ShowTime family" will be to him. Pro Boxing generally has a short shelf life, take what you can, when you can and get out healthy. $100m+ would make his great, great grandchildren happy.

And if he were to win, imagine what that does to his future earning potential and legacy, while he still has a couple years remaining of his physical prime..
    Last edited by guyver8; 03-20-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      Exactly! Fucc loyalty! Money comes first!
      I don’t particularly care about Wilder’s reasoning for sticking with SHO or his financial situation. But I(and probably most people) know what it’s like to work with and/or for people you don’t like or trust. And at some point in time, the money becomes secondary to your peace of mind.

Comment

when he lose to Braeziae i will see how loyal showtime will be to him.Wild-Her is a fool to turn this money down.

Comment

his family raped him, lied to him, and stole his money.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            I don’t particularly care about Wilder’s reasoning for sticking with SHO or his financial situation. But I(and probably most people) know what it’s like to work with and/or for people you don’t like or trust. And at some point in time, the money becomes secondary to your peace of mind.
            Well you're entitled to your opinion and I'll agree with you to an extent but at the same time a man's gotta do what's best for him and his family.
            I wouldn't leave millions in guaranteed money for the sake of loyalty! Fucc that!
            Maybe there's an agreement between Wilder, Haymon, and Showtime that we don't know about that guarantees Wilder something close to what DAZN is offering him .. if so then good for him!
            But if not and if he's strictly going by a verbal agreement or going by "what if's" then I hope it all works out well for him but that's alot of money to leave on the table....

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              showtime brought AJ in to build that fight....hearn knew exactly what they were doing when they left....he was hoping ortiz was def going to solve that wilder puzzle....that fight could have been a huge showtime ppv by right about now
              The people bashing wilder simply want him to join dazn because they want dazn to take over American boxing and out PBC out of business. Proof? They never EVER mention top rank and ESPN or it’s fighyers

Comment

Fans need to stop talking about this Wilder character.
                He beat a nobody like Luis Ortiz, that's it.
                And the emotional hillbilly has been behaving like he beat prime Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                  Well you're entitled to your opinion and I'll agree with you to an extent but at the same time a man's gotta do what's best for him and his family.
                  I wouldn't leave millions in guaranteed money for the sake of loyalty! Fucc that!
                  Maybe there's an agreement between Wilder, Haymon, and Showtime that we don't know about that guarantees Wilder something close to what DAZN is offering him .. if so then good for him!
                  But if not and if he's strictly going by a verbal agreement or going by "what if's" then I hope it all works out well for him but that's alot of money to leave on the table....
                  I can understand not wanting to be contractually tied to any promotional company. Floyd did something similar when he bought himself outta his TR contract. And that was done with a Margarito fight on the table. Which at the time would have been a career high payday. And that worked out very nicely for Floyd. I think Floyd may have signed a multi-fight deal with GBP to get the DLH fight. But after that, he basically worked with GBP on a fight by fight basis. The reality is that Wilder, AJ, and Fury aren’t gonna be able to tap dance around each other forever. Fans will eventually get tired of them not fighting each other and their drawing power will start to slip. Similar to how Floyd and Manny’s did when they were tap dancing around each other. So in that respect, I can understand him not wanting to jump in bed with DAZN or TR full time. Especially when the AJ fight and Fury rematch is gonna happen eventually anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                    Funny, bet you were quick to talk sh** about AJ but now it's about loyalty to a network. You Wilder fans are pathetic hypocrites it is too funny. Keep trying to spin it, but your boy tucked tail.
                    I’m disappointed in Wilder but Haymon clearly provides a level of service that no one else can apparently complete with.

I have always wondered why Wilder employs both Finkel and Wilder. Wouldn’t that be more money out of his pocket?

Comment

“I didn’t feel this fight was a PPV fight,” Wilder confessed. “For me, PPV fights need to be those special fights, those fights you’re willing to miss your rent money to see. I don’t feel like this type is that type of situation. I’m the people’s champion. I want to bring my fights to all the people.”

Exactly I'm glad he stepped in and took the fight off ppv because it's definitely not a ppv.

Comment

Working...
                      X