Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao Reacts, and explain what went wrong with Mikey (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Did Pacquiao's English get worse? Seems like he didn't understand any of those questions. They should've had a translator, I was curious to see what he thought.
    the perks of being bilingual. you can act like you know and dont know whenever you feel like it.

Comment

What enabled Manny to fight bigger guys when he was young was the quickness of his feet. That's no longer there at 40...he still has good foot-movement especially for a 40 year old but he was not yet 30 when he fought Oscar who was shot. Those super fast feet are gone now and he's to small for bigger guys who are young...strong and skillful. Manny should stay away from Spence and fight easier fights and hold off for the chance of a big money fight with Floyd if that can ever happen. If he gets KO'd by Spence the Floyd fight is dead and so is his career.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
        Speed with combos, footwork, and how you get out after going inside. That's what he bas8cally did against the goliath Margarito.

Mikey had trouble going inside where we saw him do some success. He was too slow with his punches and afraid to get hit on the body. Spence could see his punches from a mile away.
        Mikey is not even close to the athlete pacman is.

That's just the bttom line. Manny has great legs

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          What enabled Manny to fight bigger guys when he was young was the quickness of his feet. That's no longer there at 40...he still has good foot-movement especially for a 40 year old but he was not yet 30 when he fought Oscar who was shot. Those super fast feet are gone now and he's to small for bigger guys who are young...strong and skillful. Manny should stay away from Spence and fight easier fights and hold off for the chance of a big money fight with Floyd if that can ever happen. If he gets KO'd by Spence the Floyd fight is dead and so is his career.
          The Floyd fight is not there (and won't be) anyway so what's the point? I think going out against the best in a big platform would be the best thing to do while you're still in a position to be in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
            The Floyd fight is not there (and won't be) anyway so what's the point? I think going out against the best in a big platform would be the best thing to do while you're still in a position to be in there.
            Floyd has said he was considering it and didn't say no to it when asked after the Broner fight...so I say it's still a possibility. And Manny like all pro's are in it for the money...not the glory. Nothing to gain by fighting Spence. He wants to go out with the most amount of money to retire with. In the end...that's all that will be there or not.
            Last edited by jaded; 03-18-2019, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Mikey went up in weight and fought the number 1 guy. That's something Manny knows not to do.😂😂

Comment

Floyd has said was considering it and didn't say no to it when asked after the Broner fight...so I say it's still a possibility. And Manny like all pro's are in it for the money...not the glory. Nothing to gain by fighting Spence? He wants to go out with the most amount of money to retire with. In the end...that's all that will be there or not.
                I just don't think that 'playing it safe' while waiting for a shot against Floyd is the right solution. Manny, at his age right now, can just lose to anybody now not even named Spence and Crawford.

I actually don't know how to gage this guy now. Can he still fight at an elite level? Will he become old overnight? I don't know. He may just end up losing to some Lopez's or Granados' and the Floyd fight will just further go away by then.

I think he should forget Floyd now and go for the real elites. Spence is the boogeyman now. He'll gain a lot by fighting Spence so I disagree in there. Money, respect, legacy (should he win but won't be budged even when he loses)
                Last edited by Ca$ual Fan; 03-18-2019, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Does it really need explaining ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                    Like Manny said before the fight. Speed is the key to win against a bigger man. Mikey was too slow..

Should have listened to Manny. Speed was the only solution to win.
                    uh how the hell is Mikey going to develop speed when he is a slow twitch fighter?

Pacman is blessed with speed and quickness so its easy for him to say that lol

Comment

Well, it is not entirely true. If you watched the Broner fight. Pac was all over Broner. Pushing and pushing and chasing and catching Broner with his footwork. Broner can't get Pac off of him. That said yes Pac is not the man he used to be, but there's enough speed in his footwork to keep Erol honest. Pac can come in with his angles and spin Spence to a blind spot. Its a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X