Collapse
No announcement yet.

Per ESPN - Details of DAZN offer Wilder turned down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHAHA the Wilder fans calling it a lowball offer. Hilarious. What ever next?

Comment

The other issue is DAZN right now is throwing crazy numbers at fighters. They blew away what Showtime and ESPN offered. But No gurantee that will last forever. DAZN could easily tapper off the spending or pivot to other sports. PBC started throwing crazy money around years ago, then the amounts dropped off. Now Showtime and FOX sending everything to PPV because they can't pay these amounts. DAZN being so new and overpaying to grab up all these fighters is not something you can count on to last. I would grab that crazy money now then bank on this spreading spree to last. At some point they will be operating on a budget.

Comment

I mean in a way the “Superfight” has always plagued boxing. Making that one huge fight that makes hundreds of millions has always been the goal of promoters. Makes all the other fights seem like sand in an hour glass. Imagine if Manny took the lump sum Floyd was offering? 50 extra large or something? The fight ended up being bigger than expected and Manny would have lost out. If Wilder took 40mill and the fight did huge numbers and AJ made 200mill would the same people who paid him call him an idiot? U have to give a ppv percentage that way u don’t risk being losing out. If u took the lump sum why would u even bother promoting the fight? The bigger the sales the worse u look.

Comment

Even if PBC/Showtime doesn’t match those offers, watch how they would claim those offers were matched or bettered. I wouldn’t be surprised if at the announcement they claimed he signed a contract for $120m for two fights. Just to say face. So effectively they would claim Wilder would be making 60m dollars from his next few fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Even if PBC/Showtime doesn’t match those offers, watch how they would claim those offers were matched or bettered. I wouldn’t be surprised if at the announcement they claimed he signed a contract for $120m for two fights. Just to say face. So effectively they would claim Wilder would be making 60m dollars from his next few fights.
            It's up to Wilder. He can take whatever deal he likes.He met with them and didn't like the deal so obviously he had an open mind.

But boy, haven't we come a long way from folks saying he should've taken 12.5 million, then 15 million? Imagine what's next.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              PBC better be guaranteeing major money tomorrow to turn this down. 2 deals both for 100M or more. Wilder didn't have to sign a long term deal, guarantee for the Joshua fight, rematch clause, and the fight in US, and he didn't have to sign anything with Hearn his own direct DAZN deal.
              4 fights, even on the quickest timeline, is still 16 months. Call that what you want.

Still, the question still comes down to what is Wilder-Joshua worth on PPV in Fall 2019.

Oscar and Floyd split $70m on their fight. 2m PPV buys, today, basically gets you $75m for the US TV rights on the fight; and that's before counting a penny anywhere else.

If Joshua was actually signed for the Fall on DAZN (I have my doubts; no different than Golovkin signing for 6 fights, with a September date pencilled in, but that completely ignored were Jacobs to win, pushing Golovkin's third Alvarez fight off another year), I have openly been of the thought that $40m is likely near the ceiling for Wilder on the fight.

Maybe the money folks see different

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                It's up to Wilder. He can take whatever deal he likes.He met with them and didn't like the deal so obviously he had an open mind.

But boy, haven't we come a long way from folks saying he should've taken 12.5 million, then 15 million? Imagine what's next.
                I don’t give a fuck if he ends making 10billion dollars for this fight when he decides to take the Joshua fight. That’s great for him, his wives and his paramours on here. Just take the fight and shout the fuck about one face.

Comment

LoL @ all the financial speculation and naysaying by the hearn fan-girl club. Then top if off that all this is fueled by speculation from ESPN (who just messed up a done deal big money fight). And you all are seriously running with this noise? LoL!

Makes no difference what they say at the press conference tomorrow. You experts already have your narratives and villains set. LoL!

Comment

As I thought, I guarantee the reason he turned it down was due to it being a flat fee. According to that he would have gotten no percentage outside of his fee unless more details come in later.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      I don’t give a fuck if he ends making 10billion dollars for this fight when he decides to take the Joshua fight. That’s great for him, his wives and his paramours on here. Just take the fight and shout the fuck about one face.
                      You were definitely someone who said he should have taken the flat fee before ie you cared then.

Second, they can negotiate the fight after his mandatory which doesn't have to be on DAZN.

Comment

Working...
                      X