Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice that Zurdo is ahead of Smith in the ESPN rankings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone notice that Zurdo is ahead of Smith in the ESPN rankings?

More proof that their commitment to top rank is getting in the way of objectivity.

It’s 168. Nobody is really great. Smith, Zurdo, Benivedez...they could all be #1

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      It’s 168. Nobody is really great. Smith, Zurdo, Benivedez...they could all be #1
      The bizzare part is that they moved hart into the top ten after his unimpressive performance last week. But to your point I think that a clear win over groves makes Smith ranked one

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Don't forget the dark horse Uzcategui. Smith's win over Groves and the fact that he didn't duck the WBSS tournament should put him at #1 for now though. Pretty sure Groves inherited #1 after Jack moved up and DeGale lost his title

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronMike View Post
          The bizzare part is that they moved hart into the top ten after his unimpressive performance last week. But to your point I think that a clear win over groves makes Smith ranked one
          Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          Don't forget the dark horse Uzcategui. Smith's win over Groves and the fact that he didn't duck the WBSS tournament should put him at #1 for now though. Pretty sure Groves inherited #1 after Jack moved up and DeGale lost his title
          Smith’s win is huge and it gave him the Lineal title as well, but it’s not like the CW or BW WBSS tourny’s. About half the top names were absent. Mike, I didn’t even know Hart was in the top 10 now, but admittedly 168 is the division I follow least. Always has been that way. For most of my life it seems that 168 is either for big name UK fighters (no idea why the Brits love 168) of people stopping for a cup of coffee before going up to 175. When Bivol said he might split time between 168 and 175 I predicted he’d be the top name at 168.

And thanks for the reminder on Uzi, forgot about him.

Comment

ESPN is no longer a trusted source for boxing imo. They commentary is one of the worse now, its on par with HBO

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              ESPN is no longer a trusted source for boxing imo. They commentary is one of the worse now, its on par with HBO
              I will admit that Tesitore is one of the worst, followed by kriegel.

Comment

I will admit that Tesitore is one of the worst, followed by kriegel.
                Tesitore is at least knowledgeable but bias as hell now that ESPN is top rank home, but Kriegel this clown knows nothing and just tlaks out his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                  Tesitore is at least knowledgeable but bias as hell now that ESPN is top rank home, but Kriegel this clown knows nothing and just tlaks out his ass.
                  The funny part is that kriegel will often times argue with Bradley about why a fighter is fighting a certain way in the ring

Comment

The funny part is that kriegel will often times argue with Bradley about why a fighter is fighting a certain way in the ring
                    I know and its funny cause its clear as **** kriegel doesnt even really reconize whats going on in the ring and bradley has to tell em NO cause xyz but it not clear sometimes that bradely is putting him in his place cause bradely isnt someone who clearly speaks directly and is more of a ummmm and yeaaaa, causeeee type of talker.

Comment

Working...
                    X