Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fres Oquendo tested positive for banned substances after his fight with Chagaev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo, check this: 2005, WBA Heavyweight title, Toney/Ruiz, Toney schools Ruiz and wins the title. Decision overturned to no contest for banned substances found.

2013: "Super (actual) WBA Heavyweight title/IBF/WBO titles, Wlad Klitschko and Mariusz Wach fight with Wlad defending. Wach tests positive for roids and gets suspended.

2014: WBA interim "Regular" heavyweight title, Lateef Kayode gets kayo'd by Luis Ortiz in one round, "Luis Ortiz tested positive for a banned substance after the fight. On October 27, 2014, the NSAC postponed the taking of a decision whether to change the result to a no-contest or not until a full hearing of Ortiz who was not yet ready to testify on that date. "

later in 2014: "vacant(lol)" WBA "Regular" title match, Chagaev VS Fres Oquendo, Fres tests positive after controversy in not getting paid, released results MONTHS later, positive for two substances.

I don't know but it seems like in recent years the WBA guys the ones getting caught, all the heavies for something when their title is on the line. I can't think of any that happened for another title at heavy in recent years. That's kinda weird, to be honest. All the above guys was in different places with different athletic commissions too, I think. Just that they're all heavies and all WBA title fight guys.

Then you've got another WBA title, the International title where there was a weird controversy about round scheduling and finger pointing about corruption by Botha, then he pops up with a positive test for a banned stimulant. It shouldn't matter who the sanctioning body is for something like that, right? I mean I don't see how but it's weird I can't think another one of these at heavyweight for a long time that wasn't a WBA thing and usually with some kind of controversy attached to it. Somebody didn't get paid in one, somebody claimed they had the rounds switched on them in another, somebody claimed there was bad glove right before another...weird.

Comment

Not defending him... but seems kind of suspicious.

Oguendo complains about not being paid a 1 million dollar purse and now he tests positive 4+ months after the fight and doesn't get paid at all as well as a suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
        Probably primarily for quick weight loss
        Both drugs he tested positive for block the body's production of estrogen, the female hormone.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...victor-conte/1

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
        - didn't the guy get a call for the fight like a few days before flying out to Russia?
        No, he had months to prepare. But he pulled out, then wanted back in.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
          I don't know but it seems like in recent years the WBA guys the ones getting caught, all the heavies for something when their title is on the line. I can't think of any that happened for another title at heavy in recent years. That's kinda weird, to be honest. All the above guys was in different places with different athletic commissions too, I think. Just that they're all heavies and all WBA title fight guys.
          The WBA gives high rankings and vacant title opportunities to undeserving boxers who have never beaten a top 50 contender like Luis Ortiz or faded old boxers like Fres Oquendo.

The only way such boxers feel they have a chance of winning is if they use PEDs.

The WBAs rankings are easily the worst of any sanctioning organization.

Comment

I wouldn't trust the Russians. They didn't even pay him for the fight, this is a way for them to get out of having to pay him.

Comment

But this is ridiculous!! this is not an enhanced drug? this is a medicine used to treat cancer and tumors this is crazy
              Last edited by PETUFF; 11-24-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
                But this is ridiculous!! this is not an enhanced drug? this is a medicine used to treat cancer and tumors this is crazy

Comment

But why is this just coming out??fight was damn near 6 months ago...

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    But why is this just coming out??fight was damn near 6 months ago...
                    I don't believe this how can they release this just now after he apparently didn't even get paid. This is probably bs to get out of paying him.

Comment

Originally posted by thabanga510 View Post
                      I wouldn't trust the Russians. They didn't even pay him for the fight, this is a way for them to get out of having to pay him.
                      This............

Comment

Working...
                      X