Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on man we all know full well Floyd isn't going to fight him and exactly why he won't..the fight has been offered to Floyd on a silver platter 80% of the earnings, his event, 154, even 150, date, location, etc and still nothing..they'll say Martinez is too big, they'll say he's not a big enough name, they'll say Floyd will do this and that and win..Floyd himself ain't saying/hasn't said diddly squat...Martinez who????? I don't know a fight fan in their right mind who wouldn't buy that ppv..myself included..but we won't get it..would mean boxing would have to be about the best fighting the best and again that only happens with guys on the come up these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Come on man we all know full well Floyd isn't going to fight him and exactly why he won't..the fight has been offered to Floyd on a silver platter 80% of the earnings, his event, 154, even 150, date, location, etc and still nothing..they'll say Martinez is too big, they'll say he's not a big enough name, they'll say Floyd will do this and that and win..Floyd himself ain't saying/hasn't said diddly squat...Martinez who????? I don't know a fight fan in their right mind who wouldn't buy that ppv..myself included..but we won't get it..would mean boxing would have to be about the best fighting the best and again that only happens with guys on the come up these days.
      You haters really need to give this "we just want to see the best fight the best" nonsense a rest because it's see through. People like you just want to see Mayweather lose, that's your agenda. If it all about seeing the best fight the best then you'd be critical of Martinez and his choice of opponents. Why aren't you questioning why Martinez doesn't move up an take on some legit challenges instead of giving him a pass for trying to come down and fight a clearly smaller man just for the pay day? Mayweather is a WW who has had 2 fights at 54 in 5 years(1 against a guy who isn't even a legit jmw himself) ad you're whining about him supposedly ducking a mw. Check yourself man.
      Last edited by Goldie; 01-01-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• i know n think Martinez is bigger, but if he can do 154 like he says safely, then i dont see how this cant be a duck, he went up n fought Cotto at 154, why cant he fight Martinez in that weight, clearly he knew Cotto wasnt a big 154lb fighter, he saw a weak popular Cotto n took the fight, its the same crap Pacquiao did with Margarito

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
          You haters really need to give this "we just want to see the best fight the best" nonsense a rest because it's see through. People like you just want to see Mayweather lose, that's your agenda. If it all about seeing the best fight the best then you'd be critical of Martinez and his choice of opponents. Why aren't you questioning why Martinez doesn't move up an take on some legit challenges instead of giving him a pass for trying to come down and fight a clearly smaller man just for the pay day? Mayweather is a WW who has had 2 fights at 54 in 5 years(1 against a guy who isn't even a legit jmw himself) ad you're whining about him supposedly ducking a mw. Check yourself man.
          Exactly, Martinez can't even fight the top guys in his weight class or move up himself to be challenged but they call Mayweather a duck or coward. This really shows the greatness of Mayweather.

Comment

• People clearly didn't read the article.....it's saying how Floyd is on their agenda list after Murray and a Chavez rematch in the Fall, making the fight not even possible until 2014.

By then it will be 5 years and 10 fights since Sergio last fought at 154, and people still think he'll make that weight fine. Sergio should be fighting the likes of Golovin, Geale, Pirog, and even Quillin possibly.....instead he's fighting Murray, a Chavez rematch, and claims a guy 2 weight classes smaller then him is ducking him.

C'mon man.....

Comment

• I do think skill wise Mayweather is better, but Serg's natural size advantage even if he would come down, would give him a damn good shot. But we all know Serg is chasing the safe big money calling a smaller guy, instead of legit threat in his own division

Comment

• Originally posted by 2todabody View Post
                I do think skill wise Mayweather is better, but Serg's natural size advantage even if he would come down, would give him a damn good shot. But we all know Serg is chasing the safe big money calling a smaller guy, instead of legit threat in his own division
                Damn, right on point.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  He wouldn't even face Wolak there, he said as much after the Marg fight. But you got the timeline wrong: Pac first offered 147, a non cw. Cotto said, is this guy afraid of me, why won't he offer 150 like Marg. So Pac offered 150, not sure why Cotto changed his mind. Can't be the weight, 150 is about his ideal weight, now that he's too "proud" to make 147.

And no catchweight necessary for Floyd Sergio, 154 has been an established class for a while. Floyd is a 2x champ there, currently #1 in all rankings, and Sergio would be happy to meet him there.
                  YOU ARE FULL OF **** !!

Pacquiao never offered Cotto 150, he was too scared to fight a healthy Cotto.

Cotto stated 154, Pacquiao insisted upon 147 and would not agree to 150.

Now, knowing this, is there the slightest chance that you will smarten up and realize that manipulating advantages over made-to-order opponents is how Team Plankiao do their business?

Thought not.

Just another coincidence, right ?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    So you're saying his 154 belts are paper?
                    Not like Pacquiao's legitimate 154 title, huh ?

Comment

• Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
                      Exactly, Martinez can't even fight the top guys in his weight class or move up himself to be challenged but they call Mayweather a duck or coward. This really shows the greatness of Mayweather.
                      this post is just wrong. The floyd vs sergio fight is for now, it cant really wait much longer and be a drawn ouut will they or wont they affair. The public think it is a natural fight both ranked 2 or 3 respectively p4p.
                      Once Sergio moves up in weight he wont come back down, so its a case of getting this floyd one ouut of the way so he can then move on.

Originally posted by 2todabody View Post
                      I do think skill wise Mayweather is better, but Serg's natural size advantage even if he would come down, would give him a damn good shot. But we all know Serg is chasing the safe big money calling a smaller guy, instead of legit threat in his own division
                      The public want floyd vs sergio, so sergio wants floyd first then he can do what hes got to do in his own division or higher. But Floyd is his first priority.
                      floyd cant feast on pacs leftovers forever!

Comment

Working...
                      X