Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better legacy between Pacquiao and Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
    i had jmm winning both fights especially the 2nd one..but we can argue that all night
    I also had Marquez but I cant say it wasnt razor thin. I am a true Marquez fan but once its in the books what can you do especially when Marquez dug those hole in the early rounds. As far as Pac goes, people dont give Marquez that kinda trouble unless they're better than just good.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Just imagine 15 years from now....When Pac is shot to **** fighter. Fighting against a prime top contender.....I mean that's what Duran did and won.

How about.7 years from now? Because, that is what Pac did...

This is what's wrong with this new generation. They're lazy...They don't want to do research, they don't want to look at old tapes of fights. Because, it's in black and white or the footage is crappy so they don't even want to waste their time.

A lot of these new generation just know about Roy and Toney as a fat loudmouth or a shot glass chinned fighter. I can see when Pac and Floyd become and still fighting and more than likely losing. That new generation from that time. Will look at Pac and Floyd as meh....And, think whatever Hot Joe Blow of that time would be able to beat them.

Because, they will be too lazy to try to do any research look at any footage.

I lol @ people saying Duran dominated a weak era. It was not weak at all...I lol at people thinking the only HOF'er or good fighters that Duran fought where part of the fab 4. Which is not the case.

And, is not about Duran staying long enough. But, its who he beat...Barkley and Castro were big strong prime top contenders. An old small fat Duran beat them...

Do you know how great you have to be to beat SRL? A prime SRL? Yes he quit in the rematch. But, he still beat a prime SRL. Who has done that? Benitez didn't do it, Hearns didn't do it, Kalule didn't do it. A LW, who dominated and cleaned out the division for a whole decade, went 53-1 and for that decade at 135 did it. That's true greatness man.
      Thank you for introducing a dose of sanity and reality into this sea of ******ation. Green K if it lets me.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        Well what you're saying to me is that Duran has an even record because one more either way is the difference in a winning or losing record. You are such a *****y lil keyboard thug.
        What I'm saying is that you were wrong with your statement....

Comment

Just imagine 15 years from now....When Pac is shot to **** fighter. Fighting against a prime top contender.....I mean that's what Duran did and won.

How about.7 years from now? Because, that is what Pac did...

This is what's wrong with this new generation. They're lazy...They don't want to do research, they don't want to look at old tapes of fights. Because, it's in black and white or the footage is crappy so they don't even want to waste their time.

A lot of these new generation just know about Roy and Toney as a fat loudmouth or a shot glass chinned fighter. I can see when Pac and Floyd become and still fighting and more than likely losing. That new generation from that time. Will look at Pac and Floyd as meh....And, think whatever Hot Joe Blow of that time would be able to beat them.

Because, they will be too lazy to try to do any research look at any footage.

I lol @ people saying Duran dominated a weak era. It was not weak at all...I lol at people thinking the only HOF'er or good fighters that Duran fought where part of the fab 4. Which is not the case.

And, is not about Duran staying long enough. But, its who he beat...Barkley and Castro were big strong prime top contenders. An old small fat Duran beat them...

Do you know how great you have to be to beat SRL? A prime SRL? Yes he quit in the rematch. But, he still beat a prime SRL. Who has done that? Benitez didn't do it, Hearns didn't do it, Kalule didn't do it. A LW, who dominated and cleaned out the division for a whole decade, went 53-1 and for that decade at 135 did it. That's true greatness man.
          This and only this ! There should be no debate not now or 7 yrs from now.

Comment

i also had marquez but i cant say it wasnt razor thin. I am a true marquez fan but once its in the books what can you do especially when marquez dug those hole in the early rounds. As far as pac goes, people dont give marquez that kinda trouble unless they're better than just good.
            i can respect that. But i go off what i think books or not..when i have my kids i will tell him i had marquez winning

Comment

What I'm saying is that you were wrong with your statement....
              Well do you have those numbers to school me because Im looking right now and the losses to HoFers is pretty evident.

2 to Leonard
              2 to Pazienza
              2 to Camacho
              1 each to Hagler and Hearns

Which 9 matches against Hall of Famers did he win?

Comment

• Pac is the only guy who is a the lineal champ in 4 weight divisions. Pac also fight bigger guys, if it's so easy than i'm sure everybody else is doing it. Pac will be mention side by side with Sugar Ray Robinson and Ali.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
                  duran is also the best lightweight of all time
                  You can say that because he stays there at 135 for long and beat everybody!

But Pac has better Legacy!! Pac dominates when he moves up & KO most of the Big guys! Duran loses to the Great fighters of his ERA! Lost to SRL, Hearns & Hagler!! While Pac beats all the Greats in his era. NOt only That... but Pac dominates all of them, Sasakul, MAB, EM, Hatton, DLH, Cotto, Margarito except for JMM!

Comment

Well do you have those numbers to school me because Im looking right now and the losses to HoFers is pretty evident.

2 to Leonard
                    2 to Pazienza
                    2 to Camacho
                    1 each to Hagler and Hearns

Which 9 matches against Hall of Famers did he win?
                    I see that we're just making up HOF fighters....Good job

Again against real HOF fighters he doesn't have a losing record.

Comment

• Duran's legacy is great in his own right, one of the greatest of all time in fact. With that said, I think Pacquiao right now already has a greater legacy and anything else from here on out is just cherry on top. Of course a mayweather win on his resume will surely vault himself even higher on the ATG pedestal.

Comment

Working...
                      X