Collapse
No announcement yet.

After watching Serra vs. Trigg....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] After watching Serra vs. Trigg....

I think it's very clear that St. Pierre has a very good chin contrary to what most people think.

Trigg has a decent chin and was able to take several lefts and rights from Robbie Lawler before being Ko'd, and Serra dropped and knocked him out with 2 right hands.

St. Pierre got cracked by Serra with like 10x as many right hands and never lost consciousness in the fight.

What say you?

I've never thought GSP had a weak chin, the problem is does GSP feel he has a weak chin?

The Serra fight really made him convert to a more safety first kind of style almost like he felt a weakness got exposed.

But i agree with you 100% its not so much that GSP had a weak chin as much as it was the fact that Matt Serra hits really hard.

Comment

Good point. I really feel that St. Pierre with the threat of his takedowns, could pretty much outstrike anybody at WW if he chose to. Maybe not knock them out because he never tends to plant his feet, but he could definitely tune a lot of guys up.

He just needs to build his confidence some way. Training with Freddie Roach is a step in the right direction.

I hear Gegard invited him to train in Holland, I think that would definitely help him tighten up his stand up and give him some more confidence.

GSP is such a good wrestler and top game fighter, that he really doesn't need to take the risk standing up, but I think he's got the skills to do it if he wanted to.

Comment

Working...
      X