Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Naseem Hamed all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you rank Naseem Hamed all-time?

Where do you rank him among all the other featherweights? Do you think he's a P4P all-time great?
    Top 1-10 - is a P4P all-time great
    22.22%
    Top 1-10 - isn't a P4P all-time great
    8.33%
    Top 10-20 - is a P4P all-time great
    27.78%
    Top 10-20 - isn't a P4P all-time great
    41.67%

Are you joking? You expect Hamed to be on a Top 20 P4P of All-Time list? Realistically, Hamed is unlikely to be even among the Top 20 Featherweights of All-Time, forget P4P (where no one will have him in the Top 100). I have him ranked #49 in my Top 100 Featherweights of All-Time, and #1,162 on my Top 2,000 P4P Fighters of All-Time.

Comment

Originally posted by GameGod View Post
      Are you joking? You expect Hamed to be on a Top 20 P4P of All-Time list? Realistically, Hamed is unlikely to be even among the Top 20 Featherweights of All-Time, forget P4P (where no one will have him in the Top 100). I have him ranked #49 in my Top 100 Featherweights of All-Time, and #1,162 on my Top 2,000 P4P Fighters of All-Time.
      I have him 37th in all-time featherweights

Comment

I rank him top 70 in my ATG rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by GameGod View Post
          When I say Top 1-10 and Top 10-20, I'm referring to his ranking among featherweights. Not on a P4P all-time list.

Comment

Naseem was good and beat a couple titlists even though Vazquez and Tom Johnson were at the end of their road. Unfortunitely for Naseem the featherweight division has a full and rich history full of special and great fighters. Naseem may not have the longetivity or the quality of opposition to be placed very high in the all time rankings.

Comment

Top 20 feather weights ATG.

Comment

He dosent make my top 200 list. He just held the WBO title & Ibf- wbc(briefly), even Chris John rates higher- even if i thought he lost to JMM.
                Last edited by HaglerSteelChin; 01-11-2010, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Same old story with Naz..
                  Hugely underrated due to his own lack of dedication.. He grabbed the money and ran, and i have to admit, i've never forgiven him for doing so..

He was without doubt, a potentialy ATG FW, and had he remained focused & with the Ingle camp, would have improved his defense and become a legend..
                  P4P there's not too many fighters who hit as hard as him, Jimmy Wilde, Sandy Saddler, Wilfredo Gomez, Carlos Zarate, come to mind when comparing power..
                  I'd also suggest it's fair to say he had a very good chin aswell.. Due to a **** defense, he'd often take massive shots and bounce straight back up to KTFO of his opponent..
                  The likes of Kevin Kelly, Augie Sanchez & Tom Johnson could all bang, & were no mugs when they faced Hamed.. He made absolute clowns of Vasquez, Robinson & Hardy who once again, all had good reputations before they met him..

I personally don't like Hamed, but credit where it's due, other than a dodgy defense and an arrogant attitude, that ultimately ruined a potentialy great career, he was **** hot & without doubt, one of the most exciting fighters of his era.. It's also difficult to name too many FW's who would have dealt with his power, so to see other posters ranking him from 37 downwards is somewhat, a traversty of justice..
                  Somewhere between 10-20 at FW would be about right in my opinion..
                  P4P ATG Puncher - between 10-20 again..
                  P4P ATG fighter - somewhere between 100-200..
                  Last edited by mickey malone; 01-12-2010, 12:46 AM.

Comment

I rate him more highly than Ricky Hatton and Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

Working...
                    X