No announcement yet.

Showtime Vs HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brooks
    HBO is the best. I really enjoy the commentary and most of the fights. They can send Larry Merchant to Showtime in my opinion though.
    I totally agree. also the visuual graphics stuff where they show stats on showtime looks like sumfin from da 80's.

Comment

HBO > Showtime

but i'm glad there is a showtime

Comment

Originally posted by Brooks
        HBO is the best. I really enjoy the commentary and most of the fights. They can send Larry Merchant to Showtime in my opinion though.
        Yeah, HBO has the BEST commentary, they are not boring, i decline on sending the godfather to showtime, he makes the show interesting.

Comment

Yea i have to agree, the commentary on HBO is a lot better. They guys on showbox are pretty mediocre but hey its another chance to see box right?

Comment

HBO is about a thousand times better than Showtime. HBO has way better fights, better announcers, better everything. Everytime I see a fight on Showtime it looks like the fight is being held in somebodys dark basement. Showtime needs to spend some $$$ on lighting. Practically every fight on HBO is worthy of being on PPV. HBO also plays every HBO PPV fight a week after it airs on PPV. Most importantly Jermain Taylor always fights on HBO. Taylor is the man!

Comment

Showtime is becoming redundant. They lived off Tyson`s comeback then lost the Lewis Vs Tyson fight to HBO! Showtime have Tsyzu but don`t have the depth of quality of an HBO. Its healthy that two networks are competing but HBO win by a mile. I`m suprised HBO haven`t attempted to buy Showtime boxing programme!

Comment

I like Larry, because I think he may be a drinker, which always makes him a big x-factor. Plus, he at least says what he thinks.

Comment

Having showtime keeps boxing healthy though so it's good they stick with boxing should get interesting with ESPN coming into now because they can out gun HBO pretty easily money wise if they want to.

Comment

Thus far this year the quality of the matches have been better on showtime however HBO gets all the big, big events. The presentation is far superior on HBO and just the overall atmospere and venue for their events are better

Comment

hbo is way better than showtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X