No announcement yet.

is GGG's height really 5'10 1/2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
    Cam Newton was measured at 6'5" in the NFL Draft Combined.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ton?id=2495455
    I know but when I saw him he looked to be 6'2." Saw Julio Jones and he looked to be 6'3." So I don't know.

Comment

I think Kovalev puts something in his shoes to give him additional inches on fight night

Looking at these pics, Kovalev and Ward were pretty much eye to eye at the weigh in (both listed at 6'0); then all of a sudden, Kovalev had at least 2 inches on Ward on fight night

Weird schit when it comes to heights in boxing
      Last edited by Chollo Vista; 12-10-2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        I think Kovalev puts something in his shoes to give him additional inches on fight night

Looking at these pics, Kovalev and Ward were pretty much eye to eye at the weigh in (both listed at 6'1); then all of a sudden, Kovalev had at least 2 inches on Ward on fight night

Weird schit when it comes to heights in boxing
        But what does that mean to GGG? When he post pictures with him he is either an inch shorter or just as tall as GGG, and he is even slightly hunching down (GGG).

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          But what does that mean to GGG? When he post pictures with him he is either an inch shorter or just as tall as GGG, and he is even slightly hunching down (GGG).
          It's gotta be the shoes

Because GGG was a tad bit taller than Canelo, but Canelo was visibly shorter than Mayweather who's around 5'8

I'm telling you; it's weird schit going on.

It's either the camera angles or the shoes

Comment

Floyd Mayweather is listed at 5"8

Canelo is listed at 5"9

Golovkin is listed at 5"10 1/2

The above pictures say otherwise

Comment

Golovkin is smaller than most MW's that walk around considerably heavier. JMW Alvarez walks at 170+
              Last edited by Joe Beamish; 12-10-2016, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Both are listed at 6'0, but why was Kovalev 2 inches taller on fight night

Comment

I've stood right next to him. I'm 5 9 and he was 1.5 inches taller than me. His height is correct. He may be 5 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

Both are listed at 6'0, but why was Kovalev 2 inches taller on fight night
                    Its most likely his thin, lanky body frame that makes him look bigger, but they are pretty much the same exact height

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Its most likely his thin, lanky body frame that makes him look bigger, but they are pretty much the same exact height
                      You may be right, but during the actual fight, Kovalev had a clear 2 inches on Ward. He must have extra layers in his shoes or something

Comment

Working...
                      X